Revan and Exile

Do you want to see Revan and the Exile again in Kotor3  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Revan and the Exile again in Kotor3

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know/Don't care

look at it this way, both are way to overpowered and well the exile story is kinda ehh lame and he needs to die. Oh I lost my connection to the force, but it was taken from me, I let those bastards do it.

In the game you take hit after hit from light sabers and keep going, the game would get boring if it was like the movies and everyone died from one blaster shot or one hit from a light saber but oh well i still play both games, even though KoToR 2, rubed me the wrong way. The first game seemed huge, the CGI scenes were great, i felt like i was really doing something that effected millions, KoToR seemed like at most 16 people would be effected, and the CGI cut scenes just blew, at times I thought I could do better. It wasn't Untill I found out what happend, and the ending that was suppose to be put into the game, then it all made a bit more sense.

I still think they should both be dead, and the game takes place 1000 years later. Some great true sith, sith is a belief, the real sith are long dead. I think the threat reven went to find should be long gone, but what he does find are artifacts of the true sith that further make him fall to the darkside, to the point he can't control his actions, and when the exile finds him, his lack of connection to the force, links him to reven, killing them both nearly, to the point that the force darkside, and the"truth sith" control both. If they are in the game, i want them to be shadows of something they once were. I want to be able to chose what i am. Come on a black, white haired version of Yoda would be awsome. Darkside Yoda, I forget what he is sorry. As well as I want see what the darkside does to my body, i want my body to really show the effect of how far I have fallen. Not just white eyes grey hair, and grey skin. If i take a big hit some where in the game, I want to lose a hand, arm, limb, and have it replaced with at this time the best robotics can offer, may that hand look like something out of T2 thats fine with me. I want to be able to pull up the hood of my robe, I want a mask that just dosn't cover my jaw and eyes, I want choices, not to be lead down a path that is suppose to have choices that really dosn't effect the game that much down the road.... If I go darkside i want fallowers, I want to train some one, i want that person to want to kill me, only to well have a lightsaber pushed through their face. I wish KoToR3 had a charecter creater alot like Galexy's. I don't want every single lightsaber in the game to look alike, i want mine to be mine, something different, i want to devlop a since of worth to my saber not something i can just replace.

This lightsaber is mine, there are many like it but this one is mine.

Lots of wants, lots of hopes, but I donbt the game is ever made after the layoffs that just happend. oh well, I'll continue with my fanfics.

Edited by Nero

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

Although I would like to know the fate of the 2, I'd rather not physically encounter them. I'd rather live an independent storyline rather than it being wrapped around whatever paths that they followed. Their current status, or lack there of, could have an influence on what I become, but not much more than that.

Guest The Architect

I personally don't think Revan and the Exile will be that hard to bring back in KotOR III. I have a way to bring them back, but that will be revealed in my KotOR III story that I'm doing.

All the devs would need (my way) is four different voice actors and some changes in dialogue according to their genders/alignments. If you're interested in reading my very long KotOR III story so far, here's the link:

http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=640

Yes, I like promoting my KotOR III story. I've put a lot of thought and effort into this. It will all be for naught if hardly any one reads it just because of its length. So please read it people. :)

way I see it, neither one can be PCs but Exile could be controllable in the endgame. Revan would be best utilized as the Holy Grail that you seek...find him, and the endgame begins. He could die or play some role in the endgame but should not be controllable....he should be scripted with full VO.

Exile could play a role similar to that of Kyle Katarn in Jedi Academy....a teacher and point of contact. He is too busy putting out other brushfires so he sends you to find Revan.

Guest The Architect
way I see it, neither one can be PCs but Exile could be controllable in the endgame.  Revan would be best utilized as the Holy Grail that you seek...find him, and the endgame begins.  He could die or play some role in the endgame but should not be controllable....he should be scripted with full VO.

Exile could play a role similar to that of Kyle Katarn in Jedi Academy....a teacher and point of contact.  He is too busy putting out other brushfires so he sends you to find Revan.

Nah, I've got a better idea for the Exile that would still allow the player to select his/her gender and alignment! Ha! :mellow: :D

I'll let my K3 story reveal that though. Besides, two things that is flawed about "The hard coded Exile sends you to find Revan" idea is that.

a) Wouldn't there be other Jedi, better suited for the mission of finding Revan?

b) Have you ever thought that the mentality of the player could be "Who cares about Revan? Why should I look for him/her for? I don't want to look for Revan."

If you're going to look for Revan, there has to be a player motivated reason first.

Edited by The Architect

a) Wouldn't there be other Jedi, better suited for the mission of finding Revan?

b) Have you ever thought that the mentality of the player could be "Who cares about Revan? Why should I look for him/her for? I don't want to look for Revan."

If you're going to look for Revan, there has to be a player motivated reason first.

a) yes, except the PC is Revan's cousin and a Force prodigy as well. also, remember where we are in the story...there aren't a lot of Jedi left. you could even have it so where Exile is afraid to go as he might fall to the Darkside...all kinds of ways to explain it.

b) well, did you like looking for Katar? I suspect you didn't have strong feelings either way...the game has to be about something. looking for the guy who started a Sith order to save the Republic....WOW, that is pretty interesting. alot more interesting than Katar.

Could also be that consequences of journeying as lightside or darkside becomes more pronounced rather than simply being restricted to stat reductions. Game could minimise light side occurrences while showing dark side where devastation of a planet is considered minimal to DS people. Basically that maximum extent in K2 is reduced to being close to nothing in third game and showing something hideous and greater than that. (Could also be far older too)

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Guest The Architect
a)  yes, except the PC is Revan's cousin and a Force prodigy as well.  also, remember where we are in the story...there aren't a lot of Jedi left.  you could even have it so where Exile is afraid to go as he might fall to the Darkside...all kinds of ways to explain it.

Still, it's not a wise idea to send someone with so little training into the unknown regions to look for Revan. Wouldn't you be more vulnerable to fall to the dark side than the Exile in this scenario?

And, even if you're cousins with Revan, so what? You and I would want to look for Revan in K3, but don't forget, some people don't want to and would have the mind set "Okay, Revan is my cousin, but so what? That doesn't mean I have to look for Revan. I don't care about Revan. I don't want to find Revan."

b)  well, did you like looking for Katar?  I suspect you didn't have strong feelings either way...the game has to be about something.  looking for the guy who started a Sith order to save the Republic....WOW, that is pretty interesting.  alot more interesting than Katar.

Umm...what are you talking about? Who went looking for Katarr? You don't go looking for Katarr in my K3 story, and in K1 and K2, I didn't go looking for Katarr, so care to explain?

Sure, I agree that looking for Revan would be interesting, but you have to remember, not everyone wants to be sent on a fetch mission to look for Revan. You would have to make it more personal.

If Revan was the man/woman who was responsible for the destruction of your homeworld, if Revan was the one who took away your family, friends, home and so on, then you've got more of a personal motivation to look for Revan. Who wouldn't want to look for Revan in that scenario?

Edited by The Architect

sorry, I menat Kavar, not Katar.

point is, in K2 you looked for 3 people.......that was the main plot or least what advanced the story.

Revan isn't the plot itself but could resemble your search for the 3 masters in K2.

I like the idea that Revan has been captured and has intel that you need.

Springing Revan starts the endgame because then you have all the pieces of the puzzle.

I aswell would like to see them both appear in the KotOR III. Not at first though, get some party members then go off on the main quest and you meet up with one of them, say the Exile for this example, you meet up with the Exile and he/she joins the party then you go off to search for Revan & eventually find & help him

I think they should both be dead, your go after them hearing the stories wanting to fight along side the great reven. Instead you find them both dead, and intombed, but you find reven's halocron, that has his story, and what happend also many sith or jedi teachings, and along your road in patching together the story of reven, you stumble upon what happend to the exile, and you find his halocron, explaining how he died, and both lead you down a road till you meet the "True Sith" that reven was after, only to find the "true Sith" what that "trueSith" are,

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

Guest The Architect
sorry, I menat Kavar, not Katar. 

point is, in K2 you looked for 3 people.......that was the main plot or least what advanced the story.

Revan isn't the plot itself but could resemble your search for the 3 masters in K2.

I like the idea that Revan has been captured and has intel that you need.

Springing Revan starts the endgame because then you have all the pieces of the puzzle.

Actually, you went looking for four Jedi Masters, and found one of them, Vash, dead. But you see, you had a reason/s, you had a personal motivation to go look for the Jedi Masters in K2.

If we are to look for Revan in K3, then there has to be a reason, and it has to be a good one. Sure, I don't need a reason to look for Revan, I would just look for him/her anyway, but those who don't want to look for Revan need a reason/s. That's the point I was trying to make.

Edited by The Architect

If we are to look for Revan in K3, then there has to be a reason, and it has to be a good one. Sure, I don't need a reason to look for Revan, I would just look for him/her anyway, but those who don't want to look for Revan need a reason/s. That's the point I was trying to make.

the PC could be Revan's cousin and has a Force Bond (I know, I know (w00t) )