Revan and Exile

Do you want to see Revan and the Exile again in Kotor3  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Revan and the Exile again in Kotor3

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know/Don't care

Nope... there's good reason for that. They were your PC's, how do you expect to bring back your own personalized PC without canonizing his/her appearence. The "Remake Revan and Exile before game starts idea" does not make any sense. A player who has never played K1 or K2 is going to be like WTF is this? And if you had played the previous games then you're pretty much going to know that they make an appearence again, which would give up a good piece of the story.

I'd prefer if they died. Or... my alternative would be to have one of them communicate with your PC through the force. It's just too much of a hassle trying to bring a character you customized back.

True. We need more people like you, it seems not enough people out there understand how difficult it is to bring back Revan and the Exile for KOTOR III. However, I do have an idea on how to bring back Revan and the Exile in KOTOR III. No they wouldn't be main characters, yes, you'd be able to select their genders and alignments and no, you won't have to worry about choosing their appearences, classes, etc...

Revan would appear in his/her mask pre KOTOR look and the Exile would appear with the Darth Nihilus look. Now, there are plot reasons why no matter what they would be like this, and I'm sure if I properly explained it, then anyone who originally disapproves of my opinion would come to a better understanding of everything. Yes, it is based on Jediphile's 'civil war' idea but it isn't excatly the same as his idea, it builds and expands on it.

If anyone wants to hear my theory/idea (based on Jediphile's 'civil war') idea, then feel free to PM me. Revan and the Exile can appear in KOTOR III, it is possible, and if you ask me, I think if Obsidian makes KOTOR III, Revan and the Exile will wind up as DS in KOTOR III anyway, even if they were LS. At first most people who's Revan and/or Exile were LS in the previous KOTOR's would say "**** off! My Revan and/or Exile were LS in K1/K2, why the hell are they DS again? That's bullcrap!"

However, when the 'civil war' idea is explained, you can understand why Revan and the Exile are DS no matter what, think of there fall as more of a necessary sacrifice, but it would come at a cost, as the dark-side would eventually consume them. If you set Revan and/or the Exile as LS in KOTOR III, then they would be 'redeemable', if you set Revan and/or the Exile as DS in KOTOR III, then they would not be 'redeemable'.'

The 'civil war' idea explains why Revan went alone into the unknown regions (not just to bring unnecessary harm to his/her companions), it explains what Revan has been doing in the unknown regions all this time, it explains why Revan locked the navicomputer and was so secretive about where he/she went and what he/she was doing, and last of all, it explains why the 'True Sith' did not attack the Republic/Jedi or Revan's Sith Armada after the events of KOTOR when they were clearly in a weak, vulnerable state.

So like I've said, for more details, feel free to PM me, and I'll tell anyone who is interested in hearing about this 'civil war' idea. One last thing, remember what Kreia said about the difference between a fall and a sacrifice and Revan recognizing this, but anyway, this is all for a LS Revan/LS Exile, if Revan and/or the Exile are both DS, then they don't have to worry about turning, they are already evil Sith Lords who can have their mask looks as I've mentioned before...

This idea is plausable. I'm just tired of seeing people constantly asking for "Revan should be in our party!" or "We should play the Exile again". Even what sounds like a simple solution to it all actually contridicts the basic elements of role-playing games.

The idea of "masking" the previous playable characters works, as proven with K2. However I can't see using this concept and providing Revan and/or the Exile with a strong role. In Knights of the Old Republic 2 Revan simply appeared to the Exile in a vison. Did not speak, did not reveal any major story implications. So if they did come back this way, presumably as the story's villans, then they might end up playing like Darth Nihilus. And at least to my opinion, Nihilus was flash with no substance.

Which supports my arguement about why neither should appear in flesh and blood.

Edited by Terranova

Guest The Architect
This idea is plausable. I'm just tired of seeing people constantly asking for "Revan should be in our party!" or "We should play the Exile again". Even what sounds like a simple solution to it all actually contridicts the basic elements of role-playing games.

Exactly...

The idea of "masking" the previous playable characters works, as proven with K2. However I can't see using this concept and providing Revan and/or the Exile with a strong role. In Knights of the Old Republic 2 Revan simply appeared to the Exile in a vison. Did not speak, did not reveal any major story implications. So if they did come back this way, presumably as the story's villans, then they might end up playing like Darth Nihilus. And at least to my opinion, Nihilus was flash with no substance.

Which supports my arguement about why neither should appear in flesh and blood.

Actually, the 'civil war' idea will not effect or reduce the roles that Revan and the Exile could/should have in KOTOR III. For example, just read Jediphile's K3 plot proposal and that will show you that they can still have major roles despite being 'masked' characters. But just you wait until I finish my KOTOR III storyline (I have to start it first though) and you will see how the idea of 'masking' both Revan and the Exile will not reduce the role they have in a potential KOTOR III...

Revan yes, Exile I dont give much care one way or the other.

But what I dont want is for the storyline to be completely wrapped around those two characters. PLEASE make it a little independant of the last two Kotor's.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Oh course I want to see them both!!!!That's what kotor 3 is suppose to be about.The Exile tries to find Revan and fight the "True Sith".Although i don't care much for the Exile.

Edited by Darth Rexon