Revan and Exile

Do you want to see Revan and the Exile again in Kotor3  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Revan and the Exile again in Kotor3

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know/Don't care

I would really like to see Revan and the Exile again and see that story arc put together and finished.

It would just be so satisfying to see what became of them and actually interact with them.

What about you guys?

Nope... there's good reason for that. They were your PC's, how do you expect to bring back your own personalized PC without canonizing his/her appearence. The "Remake Revan and Exile before game starts idea" does not make any sense. A player who has never played K1 or K2 is going to be like WTF is this? And if you had played the previous games then you're pretty much going to know that they make an appearence again, which would give up a good piece of the story.

I'd prefer if they died. Or... my alternative would be to have one of them communicate with your PC through the force. It's just too much of a hassle trying to bring a character you customized back.

Atleast Revan can be in his armour all the time. Personally, I want to see them in cutscenes etc. but I don't want to play them.

Terranova, you haven't seen Architecht's sig? That makes Kotor 3: Ideas and suggestions topics pointless :(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What this?

What K3 needs is this:

For Revan and the Exile, we need to choose:

- genders

- alignments

- appearances

- classes

- lightsaber types and colours

- closure to both characters

And we need to see what has become of their old companions (depending on the above)

We also need to play as a new main character. Revan and the Exile should appear only towards the end of the game...

That's exactly what I'm talking about that makes the idea of redesigning Revan and/or the Exile at the start impractical.

Edited by Terranova

Well, it is only working solution. At least in case of Exile.

Revan could use single hilt blue (or mantle of the force to be precise) lightsaber like here, or use two sabers, violet and red as seen in Korriban tomb. These two are somewhat canonical. And of course (s)he could be in armor all the time. Exile is harder case.

Or maybe k3 could somehow retrieve wanted save game from k1 and k2, and go through PC's stats in there, and recreate such character in k3?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

It's plausibale to use Revan in his/her robes. But then what storyline purpose would he/she serve? My opinion is that any talented writer can write an excellent storyline without actually interacting with either PC from previous games.

The save game thing could work, but you also have to consider if you have the previous games, or previous savegames for that matter. Otherwise the game would have to go ahead and create a default version. Another thing you have to consider is if K3 is in development, it's probably being built on a new engine. Which makes the idea of loading previous game data difficult.

Edited by Terranova

A stretch for a faceless Exile would be using the Nihilus mask, but again, that's a stretch...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Another thing you have to consider is if K3 is in development, it's probably being built on a new engine. Which makes the idea of loading previous game data difficult.

I understand this too, but it may still be possible.

I disagree, current storyarch needs Revan and Exile to be in Kotor 3 in some sort of major role.

Edited by Xard

That's where I think people get the misconception. You don't need them to walk up to you in the flesh and blood and spoon feed you everything they know. As previously stated my alternative was to have them communicate with you through the force. This way Revan or the Exile are still around, and still play a role. But the developer's would not need to go through the hassle of bringing back the previous characters as you had them.

You could easily go on a quest where you find a path of clues that both characters may have left behind for you to find (or something similar to that effect), and you would never have to see them. Thus you will have gathered all of the knowledge they would have discovered, and perhaps find closure to their ventures into the UR without ever having to interact with them.

That IMO is the best solution.

Edited by Terranova

But you would still need to write dialogue for both of them. And LS's dialogue must alter drom DS's dialogue, so you have to make atleast one choice anyway. Why not rest of them too?

It is clumsy and stupid, yes. But so was to make storyline for k2 that would need third part

That's where I think people get the misconception. You don't need them to walk up to you in the flesh and blood and spoon feed you everything they know. As previously stated my alternative was to have them communicate with you through the force. This way Revan or the Exile are still around, and still play a role. But the developer's would not need to go through the hassle of bringing back the previous characters as you had them.

You could easily go on a quest where you find a path of clues that both characters may have left behind for you to find (or something similar to that effect), and you would never have to see them. Thus you will have gathered all of the knowledge they would have discovered, and perhaps find closure to their ventures into the UR without ever having to interact with them.

That IMO is the best solution.

In KOTOR 2 it appears as though they read my old Xbox save game file from KOTOR 1 in order to load up revan as I had him. He was in his full revan armor when we fought in the cave on korriban however the light sabers he duel weilded were colored exactly like the ones I used when I previously played KOTOR 1. I suspect if I had won the game with a double edged saber that I could have expected to meet up with revan in that cave weilding a double edged saber as well.

So if they did this for KOTOR 1, they should certianly be able to grab this information from KOTOR 2, and its really not that difficult to do. If the save games did not exist there could always be a little bit of dialog to allow you to get the revan/exile you remember back into the game. Its not like there were thousands of options on what revan or the exile looked like.

But you would still need to write dialogue for both of them. And LS's dialogue must alter drom DS's dialogue, so you have to make atleast one choice anyway. Why not rest of them too?

It is clumsy and stupid, yes. But so was to make storyline for k2 that would need third part

LS & DS can easily be discussed through a simple conversation in the early game. As you did with Atton in K2 about Revan. Same with gender. Appearence is an issue however that you can't simply talk about.

In KOTOR 2 it appears as though they read my old Xbox save game file from KOTOR 1 in order to load up revan as I had him.  He was in his full revan armor when we fought in the cave on korriban however the light sabers he duel weilded were colored exactly like the ones I used when I previously played KOTOR 1.  I suspect if I had won the game with a double edged saber that I could have expected to meet up with revan in that cave weilding a double edged saber as well.

So if they did this for KOTOR 1, they should certianly be able to grab this information from KOTOR 2, and its really not that difficult to do.  If the save games did not exist there could always be a little bit of dialog to allow you to get the revan/exile you remember back into the game.  Its not like there were thousands of options on what revan or the exile looked like.

Revan always appears in that cave regardless of a savegame or not.

Edited by Terranova

Well my point wasn't that revan was in the cave. But it was that revan was duel wielding 2 light sabers. The one in his main hand was blue, the one in his off hand was red.

When I replayed KOTOR 1 less than a week ago these were the light sabers I used when I finished the game. Is it a coincidence? Or did they simply check the hard drive for a KOTOR 1 save game and load in the light saber information from my revan character?

Edited by Jerros

Another thing you have to consider is if K3 is in development, it's probably being built on a new engine. Which makes the idea of loading previous game data difficult.

I disagree, current storyarch needs Revan and Exile to be in Kotor 3 in some sort of major role.

Yes!!!! Revan and Exile need to play a big role! Whether its through cutscenes or what just remember this: On Peragus you set Revans alignment and gender talking to Atton- You could do the same in KotorIII with one of the characters in your party or a NPC.

So it is perfectly plausible to set thier alignment and gender!

Yes!!!! Revan and Exile need to play a big role! Whether its through cutscenes or what just remember this: On Peragus you set Revans alignment and gender talking to Atton- You could do the same in KotorIII with one of the characters in your party or a NPC.

So it is perfectly plausible to set thier alignment and gender!

i agree ,id like to see em again personaly Revan, since he is one of my favorite characters.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Well my point wasn't that revan was in the cave. But it was that revan was duel wielding 2 light sabers. The one in his main hand was blue, the one in his off hand was red.

When I replayed KOTOR 1 less than a week ago these were the light sabers I used when I finished the game. Is it a coincidence? Or did they simply check the hard drive for a KOTOR 1 save game and load in the light saber information from my revan character?

No. It is just coincidence. I finished K1 with a single blue lightsaber and found Revan in K2 with dual purple & red lightsabers...

Personally, I think the developers used purple and red to make Revan seem Male or Female... since it wasn't yet officially announced.

Guest The Architect
Nope... there's good reason for that. They were your PC's, how do you expect to bring back your own personalized PC without canonizing his/her appearence. The "Remake Revan and Exile before game starts idea" does not make any sense. A player who has never played K1 or K2 is going to be like WTF is this? And if you had played the previous games then you're pretty much going to know that they make an appearence again, which would give up a good piece of the story.

I'd prefer if they died. Or... my alternative would be to have one of them communicate with your PC through the force. It's just too much of a hassle trying to bring a character you customized back.

True. We need more people like you, it seems not enough people out there understand how difficult it is to bring back Revan and the Exile for KOTOR III. However, I do have an idea on how to bring back Revan and the Exile in KOTOR III. No they wouldn't be main characters, yes, you'd be able to select their genders and alignments and no, you won't have to worry about choosing their appearences, classes, etc...

Revan would appear in his/her mask pre KOTOR look and the Exile would appear with the Darth Nihilus look. Now, there are plot reasons why no matter what they would be like this, and I'm sure if I properly explained it, then anyone who originally disapproves of my opinion would come to a better understanding of everything. Yes, it is based on Jediphile's 'civil war' idea but it isn't excatly the same as his idea, it builds and expands on it.

If anyone wants to hear my theory/idea (based on Jediphile's 'civil war') idea, then feel free to PM me. Revan and the Exile can appear in KOTOR III, it is possible, and if you ask me, I think if Obsidian makes KOTOR III, Revan and the Exile will wind up as DS in KOTOR III anyway, even if they were LS. At first most people who's Revan and/or Exile were LS in the previous KOTOR's would say "**** off! My Revan and/or Exile were LS in K1/K2, why the hell are they DS again? That's bullcrap!"

However, when the 'civil war' idea is explained, you can understand why Revan and the Exile are DS no matter what, think of there fall as more of a necessary sacrifice, but it would come at a cost, as the dark-side would eventually consume them. If you set Revan and/or the Exile as LS in KOTOR III, then they would be 'redeemable', if you set Revan and/or the Exile as DS in KOTOR III, then they would not be 'redeemable'.'

The 'civil war' idea explains why Revan went alone into the unknown regions (not just to bring unnecessary harm to his/her companions), it explains what Revan has been doing in the unknown regions all this time, it explains why Revan locked the navicomputer and was so secretive about where he/she went and what he/she was doing, and last of all, it explains why the 'True Sith' did not attack the Republic/Jedi or Revan's Sith Armada after the events of KOTOR when they were clearly in a weak, vulnerable state.

So like I've said, for more details, feel free to PM me, and I'll tell anyone who is interested in hearing about this 'civil war' idea. One last thing, remember what Kreia said about the difference between a fall and a sacrifice and Revan recognizing this, but anyway, this is all for a LS Revan/LS Exile, if Revan and/or the Exile are both DS, then they don't have to worry about turning, they are already evil Sith Lords who can have their mask looks as I've mentioned before...

It is not that hard To have Revan and the Exile To Return as the PCs.

IF the writers of Kotor 3 do write a good story for both of them in Kotor 3, Then Revan and Exile should return as PCs for Kotor 3.

If they did the hack job as in Kotor 2, then please Kill me now.

*hears Lightsabers turning on and the blasters clicking*