A cheater's punishment

ramza

I am writing this for the purposes of showing you that cheaters do not always get away with their cheap tricks and that cheaters are not a stupid bunch like most people imagine...

I was playing NWN OC and was a little bored with all this level advancement crap, so I decided to take my character to level 40 from the very beginning of the game. At least, I am able to have most dialogue choices available to me and I have access to the neat special abilities of some prestige classes (actually, I did the same with both expansions). To balance (a bit) things, I set the game's difficulty at its highest level.

Things where going smoothly: I usually had to face 10 or 15 enemies at the same time but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

However, at some point, when I was looting a crypt in the nobles' disctrict of NWN (forgot the name), 12 liches appeared before me and attacked me at the same time !!! :huh: They were casting time stop, weird, chain lightning and were summoning dire bears and dire tigers one after another! Needless to say that I died... :( I had to use an improved invisibility spell in order to get the artifact I wanted... Tomi wasn't of big help anyway... he's way too weak.

I had other strange encounters in crypts: 2 liches that had alongside them all sorts of vampires and succubi. I sometimes died because of a finger od death spell but I managed to beat them most of time. My most difficult combats were with undead... isn't that ironical for a pale master? <_<

In SotU, I had a very tough time completing the game. It was at the very end, when you are on a level with a huge monster that appears out of nowhere and burns everything in it way. On the same level, you are supposed to face some undead monsters. Bad luck for me who was at level 40: I had to face packs of dozens of skeletal devourers!!! These things were vicious and cast all sorts of spells!!! I gave up for a few months until I found some (legal) way to overcome their nasty spells, but that was the hardest dungeon I ever faced in a d&d game.

I have also cheated in the BG and IWD games so as to raise my level to the maximum it can reach and I can say that I had a tough time in both IWD games as well (the number of foes is doubled or tripled and they deal some serious damage depending on the difficulty level). In the BG games, I was a bit more lucky but some battles were quite problematic.

Anyway, it's not because you cheat that you have the guarantee to easily beat the game. And if some of you really wonder why I cheat, it's simply because I don't have that much free time. If I was playing the game normally, it would have taken me ages to beat them. It already consumes a certain number of hours to beat them like that, I won't even dare imagine how much it would have been otherwise. I am still on my way to complete NWN OC and HotU and still have many other RPGs to play (like the KOTOR series... I still haven't started playing those, though I believe I won't cheat for these ones). I don't have any other choice than make the game a bit simpler. Moreover, in most of these games, you rarely reach maximum level... This is a waste because most people really want to try out some of the high level abilities those games offer.

Just for your information, I was trying really weird combinations of classes (I was also using a hak that neutralized the PrC's requirements):

NWN OC: human bard (20)/ harper scout (10)/ pale master (10)

SotU: human ranger (20)/ dwarven defender (10)/ arcane archer (10)

HotU: human druid (20)/ shifter (10)/ champion of Torm (10)

LOLOLOLIPOP :p

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I think I'll start soloing SoU with a hyper druid/sorc and see how it goes. Generally I expect to see the same problems as you have. Should be good. I anticipate frequent resting to restock on firepower.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

There was only one difficult part in SoU. On the other hand, if you play the NWN OC, you will have many more challenging battles. Even the red dragon's caves were tough enough with all these fire giants, slaads and druergar that were fighting alongside.

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

My most difficult combats were with undead... isn't that ironical for a pale master?  <_<

Just for your information, I was trying really weird combinations of classes (I was also using a hak that neutralized the PrC's requirements):

I think I see your problem ... ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wow, I didn

So far it's very satisfying. The loot's good and the combat's great fun. Fireballing, calling lightning and ice storms on mobs of enemies is superb entertainment!

There are a few areas in the game where they scale up. High Forest is one of them - I encountered about half a dozen trols and 4 bears in the outdoor fights. That's one of the harder ones just because they regen and I don't have the NPCs or summons to get the damage in.

Great fun playing a spellslinger.

My most difficult combats were with undead... isn't that ironical for a pale master?  <_<

I think I see your problem ... :lol:

Indeed.

Wonder if something like Cleric (30)/ CoT (10) would have the same troubles.. Clerics rule... maybe even a straight lvl 40 Cleric... or the very special Rogue (39) / SD (1)... HiPS is nice..

btw, how the heck did you get that one... human ranger (20)/ dwarven defender (10)/ arcane archer (10)... lol (w00t)

I usually stick to legal builds when I cheat...

What do you want?.. blink.gif

I think I see your problem ... :)

Indeed.

Wonder if something like Cleric (30)/ CoT (10) would have the same troubles.. Clerics rule... maybe even a straight lvl 40 Cleric... or the very special Rogue (39) / SD (1)... HiPS is nice..

btw, how the heck did you get that one... human ranger (20)/ dwarven defender (10)/ arcane archer (10)... lol (w00t)

Yeah, but Clerics are still ... too embarrassingly lame to actually play.

Those Dragon things were

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think I see your problem ... ;)

Well, since I always play human characters (see my sig) and since there isn't a single NPC using those PrC, I decided to try them out in my own way. I just wanted to see if those special abilities were any good. I admit however that this is a REALLY weird combination of classes. On the other hand, I have always believed that classes shouldn't have racial restrictions, it's just a shame not to be able to play a human arcane archer or a human bladesinger. :)

There is a hakpak in the NWVault that allows you to take ANY PrC without being limited by any prerequisite. This suits me perfectly, hehehe...

Atreides: Contrary to the two expansions, the loot in NWN OC is mostly random. The higher your level is, the better the loot will be. I believe that if you really want to have some fun, you should play the OC.

The loot in SoU is scaled up too, while still being random. I picked up Tenser's Longsword which is +3, 1d6 fire and gives the user Cleave. Right now I'm using Valiantheart's longbow and switching to Tenser's Sword and a small shield +2 for combat.

5% arcane failure isn't too bad but it's noticeable when it the spell fizzles.

The loot in SoU is scaled up too, while still being random.  I picked up Tenser's Longsword which is +3, 1d6 fire and gives the user Cleave.  Right now I'm using Valiantheart's longbow and switching to Tenser's Sword and a small shield +2 for combat. 

5% arcane failure isn't too bad but it's noticeable when it the spell fizzles.

You know, you get these weapons no matter your level. Just go to gamefaqs.com and look for a file named "neverwinter_reference". It is like a walkthrough and gives you details about the kind of treasure you can find (it also mentions those weapons you found). I got this sword and this bow as well.

Cleric's are like bulldozer of classes. I remember how ridiculous it was to have a high level cleric in IWD 2. Prayer, Suffocation, Divine Power, Unholy Word. :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What's so funny?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I meant the admitting you have a cleric character, what's funny about having

one?

kirottu said:

I meant the admitting you have a cleric character, what's  funny about having 

one?

Clerics are relatively uncool. In most p&p sessions, nobody plays a cleric unless the rest of the group forces him/her to do so (this happens usually when the player comes late and is the last one to join the group). :D

Ok, I'd play a cleric. I think they are the exact opposite of uncool. It's roleplaying afterall, you don't have to be a wuss support-character.

kirottu said: