Information on Digipen

I know I made a topic about Full Sail but I also wanted to ask some about Digipen.

1. After this degree, do I have to stay in the game industry, or can I go into other fields to with this degree?

2. Do I need to know a language fully before going to this school?

3. Is it recommended to taking a little break after high school, like 6 months, so I dont get stressed out?

thank you

1. From what I've learned on other threads, DigiPen offers a Computer Science degree. This is applicable to many different jobs.

2. Not sure, but your best bet is contacting them. I doubt it.

3. This is the only one I can answer definitively. Why do you need 6 months off? Going to college straight after High School gives you better odds of getting through college. I've seen some statistics, and many people who put it off just don't ever get going. Even so, everyone is different, so that's a decision you need to make yourself. Just know that at 18 or 19 you have more energy than at any other time in your life. It's all downhill from here.

Sorry, but seriously that book was great.

Sorry for being off topic.

Umm, with a Digipen...can you do other things beside games?

What they offer:

http://www.digipen.edu/main/Degree_Programs

I have a friend attending Digipen right now. As far as I know, he likes it and hasn't had much trouble fitting in. They do seem fairly oriented towards the gaming side of things, and that's what a lot of the attending students have in mind. I'll see if I can remember to ask him about it the next time I talk to him.

I myself am rather distrusting of private schools after I had a bad experience with a certain one. I know I shouldn't judge them all in the same light, but it's ended up turning into a bit of an irrational fear for me.

I know I made a topic about Full Sail but I also wanted to ask some about Digipen.

1. After this degree, do I have to stay in the game industry, or can I go into other fields to with this degree?

2. Do I need to know a language fully before going to this school?

3. Is it recommended to taking a little break after high school, like 6 months, so I dont get stressed out?

thank you

I can also say, if you go to digipen, don't take a break after finishing there either, try to get a job right out of school. I regret taking some time off after going to Vancouver Film School because now I've been out of school for 4 years, work at subway, and find it incredibly hard to self motivate myself to work on stuff at home.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg