KOTOR III Planets

that maybe but the star systems in the star wars universe are the same in the games movies and books and there is nuthin wrong with the yuzhang vong i thought it was noce to see a foe the jedi couldnt over come with the force since they lost there affiliation with the force many millenia ago through some unknown cause

The problem would be that it would smack of them running out of ideas. Having vague tie-ins with the films and later periods is fine-it would be rather hard to avoid that really. What I would object to is basically using the plot of something that occurs at a later date and reusing it that much.

Yes, the plot for KOTOR does have quite a few eliments taken from the films (Superweapon that can destroy the Republic, being captured by the Lord of the Sith...superfast smuggling ship) but it has just enough originality not to feel the same as the films.

Including the Yuzhang would also leave a major problem in the EU-Given that Revan seems to be so well known if he first faced the Yuzhang and drove them back would the Jedi-even after Palpatine all but eliminated them-really have forgotton about them? We know that Luke Skywalker had access to at least one Jedi holocron, and at one point he was using it to get information about Sith Lords prior to Vader. It would also be natural for him (or at least one of his students) to have looked at information about great Jedi Masters. Regardless of if he was looking at Jedi or Sith I would be astonished if Revans name didn't crop up at least once. At another point Luke and his students were looking at Jedi who lost their connection to the force to aid a Jedi who had lost their connection, in which case it would, again, be very surprising if the Exile didn't show up while they were researching that.

I'd find it hard to believe that they would have failed to get information on Revan and/or the Exile that didn't meantion what they were fighting. Even if they never got the name surely someone would have noticed that the Yuzhang bore a resembance to what Revan was fighting.

*Shrugs* of course for all that logic the threat probably will turn out to be the Yuzhang after all, adding in some explination about never finding out their name....or Revan and the Exile never coming back....or collective amneasia.....

yea there has been several eliments from the films so it could be the yuuzhan vong but ive been lookin in on stuff an im not to sure now if it wil be them or not unless they were once masters of the dark side that had controled at least the outer rim which could be possible i guess and i agree that when luke was lookin at the holocrons for revan and the exile's name to appear atleast once if not several times but when revan went to fight this foe what ever it may be no one knew were he when so it could also be assumed that no one knew what he faced

Battle monsters not least ye become a monster. If you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

I think that not only do you add a few new planets, but expand greatly on them, and the places to go, anywhere, like a gta type anywhere. That in itself would add tons of more excitement of exploring.

Also, why do people want to add so many sith related worlds? From the past two games, the sith worlds seemed kinda empty. Planets like Mustafar and Hoth are way to unihabited to have anything of real interest on it.

I agree that Corusaunt should be added (with maybe your own speeder to drive around with :ermm: ), and Corellia does sound good to add, and Alderraan as well.

I agree, new worlds would be better rather than going back to, say, Dantooine for the third time and Mustafar and Hoth really would leave you with nothing to do.

If Corusanunt is included in K3 then I don't think Correlia or Nar-Shaddar would be there as well, fact is that they are all city worlds-Corrleia less so-so they would end up being to similar in appearance and probably in possible missions-at the least it would stretch the abilities of the development teams to the point where they would no doubt consider dropping at least one of them. Having said that Corrleia has something like five inhabited planets-and at least two of them are not populated by humans by native species-as well as Centrepoint station. So they could include Correlia along with Corusant, as long as most of the action on the former takes place elsewhere in the system.

Alderraan would be a good alternative to Dantooine, the planets are, I think, meant to be similar in apperance although Alderraan is the more heavily populated world.

i agree with both of you there needs to be more to the planet than just one station or just the main city. if they did include corusaunt then they should leave out nar-shaada and corelia or possibly go to crorelia for center point station or something and the sith worlds need more interaction within the system and not be so empty koriban being the exception since it is just a baren waste land/burial ground

Battle monsters not least ye become a monster. If you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

yea there has been several eliments from the films so it could be the yuuzhan vong but ive been lookin in on stuff an im not to sure now if it wil be them or not unless they were once masters of the dark side that had controled at least the outer rim which could be possible i guess and i agree that when luke was lookin at the holocrons for revan and the exile's name to appear atleast once if not several times but when revan went to fight this foe what ever it may be no one knew were he when so it could also be assumed that no one knew what he faced

the sith worlds need more interaction within the system and not be so empty koriban being the exception since it is just a baren waste land/burial ground

I was under the impression that the Yuuzhang were not native to the SW galaxy, but came from another galaxy *shrugs*.

I'm trying to think of what could be done on some of the worlds see so far in the games, and Koriban is one of those places that I really can't imagine having anything to do if it was included. True, they could require you to visit one of the tombs....but that was done in K1....they could have the Sith academy in place there again....but they did that in K1 as well. What about having one of the big bads using that as their base.....wait, that was K2....You know, I can't think of anything you could do there that you didn't do before.....

If they have to include some of the old planets in K3 I'd rather they were small-ie not a huge number of missions to do there-and they were 'extras' in so far as there were at least three or four other planets that have more to do and are much more detailed. It would also be nice if the appearance of some of the planets you've been to in K2 changed appearance slightly-and had slightly different missions-depending on if the Exile was DS or LS. For example if Exile was DS then Dantooine would be run by Azkul and the mercs, if the Exile was LS then the settlers remain in charge. They didn't need to do this in K2 simply because the same things happened regardless of Revans alignment-LS or DS Dantooine still got bombed and the Sith left Koriban. OK, so this would be more work, but I would imagine they could use the maps from K2 to remake some of the planets fairly quickly.

the sith worlds need more interaction within the system and not be so empty koriban being the exception since it is just a baren waste land/burial ground

I was under the impression that the Yuuzhang were not native to the SW galaxy, but came from another galaxy *shrugs*.

If they have to include some of the old planets in K3 I'd rather they were small-ie not a huge number of missions to do there-and they were 'extras' in so far as there were at least three or four other planets that have more to do and are much more detailed. It would also be nice if the appearance of some of the planets you've been to in K2 changed appearance slightly-and had slightly different missions-depending on if the Exile was DS or LS. For example if Exile was DS then Dantooine would be run by Azkul and the mercs, if the Exile was LS then the settlers remain in charge. They didn't need to do this in K2 simply because the same things happened regardless of Revans alignment-LS or DS Dantooine still got bombed and the Sith left Koriban. OK, so this would be more work, but I would imagine they could use the maps from K2 to remake some of the planets fairly quickly.

i guess i should have mentioned the books when i typed the reply but i wasnt thinking about it at the time

i agree holeheartedly if they add older planets then make them not as cruciale to the story or something and they should definatly make it so that depending on the exiles path that planets like dantooine were ruled by whichever side the exile helped out but i would rather not have the same maps so-to speak like i would rather not have to stay in koonda but that could be added

Edited by nova prime

Concord Dawn wuld be cool

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

• 2 weeks later...

i was about to quote something said on the first page until i realized it was said a year ago yesterday when sturm was still revan_returns lol...

but, i think it should be on certain core planets at first like coruscant playing as carth with bastila looking for hyperspace routes somewhere in the republics records to meet revan and the exile... possibly leading to traveling to some more jedi and sith focused worlds like adega(ossus),ruusan and ziost leading to the knowledge of the true sith worlds lying on the unknown regions, but i would like to see Rakata Prime incorporated somewhere, that was probably my favorite place.

just kinda trying to incorporate what i want to say into a story

but i would like to see:

coruscant

ossus

ruusan

ziost

rakata prime(<3 gizka)

true sith worlds

If I recall my Starwars history you couldn't go to Ossus since the world was destroyed-there was a Major Jedi academy there and there were lines of diolge in both KOTOR games to indicate that it had been destroyed at some point before (I think during Exar-Kun's time, which would be around 40 years before K1).

dathomir

hapes

wherever the chiss are from

alderaan

kamino maybe

zonoma sekot

and some others i cant presently think of

Edited by seejai

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Coruscant

Alderaan

Dorelia

Nabo

Kashyyyk

Yavin 4

Felucia (dont know about the spelling)

Toss in a few more planets and we are off and running.

Have a crystal cave on each planet.

If I recall my Starwars history you couldn't go to Ossus since the world was destroyed-there was a Major Jedi academy there and there were lines of diolge in both KOTOR games to indicate that it had been destroyed at some point before (I think during Exar-Kun's time, which would be around 40 years before K1).

the destabalization of ossus' atmosphere wasnt until 22 BBY, luke then visited with his apprentice Kam 10 ABY to meet the remaining ysanna tribe that hid deep underground in ossus

• Coruscant
  • Nar Shaddaa
  • Dathomir
  • Hapes
  • Yavin IV
  • Dagobah
  • Arkania
  • Ambria
  • Thule
  • Ziost

However, I would always prefer a fewer number of extremely well-developed planets.

Ellestor Taranis Thilandrae