KOTOR III Planets

Manaan was great, it wasnt shown or heard before. Its really visually impressive and wasnt too bad, again though I like to do a lot of exploring and we did do a quite a lot of that in Manaan but most in Taris, KotOR1 focused on planets with significant features, Manaan = Water, Kashyyyk = Forest, Tatooine = Desert, ect.

Agreed. I loved Manaan.

And, aw, those cute Zelkats with their gurgling little voices... :(

hahah those damn fish people lolz >_<

I actually disliked manaan but the concept was good but i wanted to save that crazy guy in the locker but he just wouldnt come out of the locker....just stuck in the locker....*ahem*.....hes gay is what im trying to get at.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Manaan was a good idea...but not executed as well as it could have been. For all its large areas there seemed to be far to little to do, and there is only so much of the bubbling Selkath speach I could take before I wanted to nuke the planet on general principal.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that I'm less interested in the number of planets they put into the next game, and more interested in having large worlds that have a lot to do-at least if you take the time to walk around exploring. The only world's in the last two games that really filled that requirment were Taris and Nar Shadaar.

I definitely agree. I would rather have like 4-5 planets but be huge in the amount of quests and exploration that could be done. I'd also like if they expanded worlds so its not like your on a track and have to go a certain way and make it an incentive to explore kind of like the crystal caves.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

we often hear about how hard it is to have lots of side quests, etc, given the expense of developing games in 3d with full vo, etc.

however, I would like to have at least one planet where you can literally get lost in...maybe not a lot to do in that section other than look scenery, but a lot to explore.

First time around I got lost on Dantooine most times, lol. Yeah Dantooine was a good planet extremely large. Dantooine and Taris where pure quality planets, for some reason they seemed the largest, probabally because you had to work towards goals set to you, and then to ultimately get to the goal other side quests where unlocked and you first had to unlock them.

In the remaining planets you basically had to find the Star Map and pretty much go away, but there was 1 main thing that was a problem that you had to solve. Kashyyyk was the Slaver problems and Zalbaars brother, Manaan was the whole missions for the Republic, Tatooine was like the Tusken Raider problem.

What was the industrial planet with the acid rain in Jedi Academy?

I like planets with environmental obstacles that do more damage than Malachores gas vents. Permanent damage like scarring and mutation of indigenous populations. Like those storms on Vulcan, and Dune that burn or strip the flesh from your bones. Nanite swells even. From the the description in the shop, I thought I would need a survival pack in the deep desert of Tattooine , but they were just more advanced medpacks.

Planets that you need a certain power to protect yourself, and that power should not be replaceable with equipment like a re-breather in the Jekk Jekk Tar..... Unless the power surrounds you with an annoying blue bubble. It should also work if similar circumstances arise like um, gas. <_<

Underground civilizations like the mole people :brows: .... I mean Sullustans, and Ryloth.

The Ithorian home world, floating cities with a forested surface should look impressive.

Alderaan, with all the links with this period, and the architecture.

City planets would need a lot of people milling about, and more than just one cantina. Or one bar that's attached to a swoop track...the Selkath said Mannan had a "vibrant nightlife".... maybe it did, but it was always daytime. Their voices! It sounded like Latin mixed with German. :):ermm:

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Alderaan, with all the links with this period, and the architecture.

City planets would need a lot of people milling about, and more than just one cantina. Or one bar that's attached to a swoop track...the Selkath said Mannan had a "vibrant nightlife".... maybe it did, but it was always daytime. Their voices! It sounded like Latin mixed with German.  :-  :aiee:

well, indeed, the absence of night time was glaring (except on Nar Shadda, which is always night).

anyway, having changing weather patterns and day/night rotation would be nice...and this would not have to include actual logging of in-game time (the way Morrowind does).

That would be Vjun ^_^

Planets that you need a certain power to protect yourself, and that power should not be replaceable with equipment like a re-breather in the Jekk Jekk Tar..... Unless the power surrounds you with an annoying blue bubble. It should also work if similar circumstances arise like um, gas. 

You didn't use the re-breather... you used a space suit lol :- As for that Force power... the great blue bubble of breath (that sounds ...weird doesn't it?), it surrounded you because they said the gas is lethal to non-humans :aiee:

Or one bar that's attached to a swoop track...the Selkath said Mannan had a "vibrant nightlife".... maybe it did, but it was always daytime. Their voices! It sounded like Latin mixed with German.  :shifty:  ;)

I'd say it's the complete opposite ;)

Selkath sounded like someone spoke with a full mouth, Latin and German on the other hand, are about as clear as a language can get. Unless someone who is used to speaking unclear, attempts to speak one of those two (read: usually foreigners), than it can get quite messy.

^True for full mouth, but what I meant by mixed was just that, useing parts of those two languages to make the Selkath language. Probably just me. :o

That would be Vjun ^_^

Planets that you need a certain power to protect yourself, and that power should not be replaceable with equipment like a re-breather in the Jekk Jekk Tar..... Unless the power surrounds you with an annoying blue bubble. It should also work if similar circumstances arise like um, gas. 

You didn't use the re-breather... you used a space suit lol :p As for that Force power... the great blue bubble of breath (that sounds ...weird doesn't it?), it surrounded you because they said the gas is lethal to non-humans :o

Mira used the Space Suit, and it wasn't lethal, all you needed was the breath mask. I assume when Visquis gasses the Exile it is super concentrated. I have to assume that or it wouldn't make sense.

Also thanks for Vjun. That planet was the most fun.... of those that I did.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Here is my list:

Starting ship: A ship owned by Slobba the Hutt, a crime lord from Sleheyron. Here you are already a Jedi Guardian/Consular/Sentinel, but you haven't trained as a Jedi yet.

Telos: Where the Jedi Academy and starting planet should be if the Jedi Temple on Coruscant isn't available. Telos is where you'll learn the ways of the Force. Perhaps for the entire game, the Jedi Temple could be being rebuilt.

Alderaan: This could be the second planet and most of us haven't seen it, other than ROTS. I imagine it to be Dantooine, only better.

Sleheyron: The end of the Slobba the Hutt story, where you kill him and get supplies for your ship. After completing Sleheyron, you can choose what planet in the Unknown Regions to go to.

Tramond XXV: Recognise this planet? Didn't think so, since it was a planet I made up in my Fic series. It is similar to Malachor V and it is the final planet in the game.

I want to be able to go to Tatooine again like in the first game or even a rebuilt Malachor V??? But it has to be a follow up from TSL because it set itself up for a sequal if you ask me.

Also i wanna see more change in your facial appearance and some REAL dark looking sith robes-if there will be any sith.

Mira used the Space Suit, and it wasn't lethal, all you needed was the breath mask. I assume when Visquis gasses the Exile it is super concentrated. I have to assume that or it wouldn't make sense.

Also thanks for Vjun. That planet was the most fun.... of those that I did.

In the cutscene when you first entered the bar, it was super concentrated - or atleast thats the impression I got. Kreia then rambles about this Force power she just decided to tell you :crazy: Frankly, I would have prefered to know about the bloody Force power before I entered the bar.

Edited by Lupus Deus

• 2 months later...

I quite like the idea of returning to the Rakatan homeworld, and maybe searching the Star Forge wreckage for some items...

An ancient Jedi and/or sith world, with tombs to explore and ancient and powerful artifacts of the light and dark side to collect.

Vjun was only good for Vader's castle, if you ask me. Otherwise, it was a dead ugly rock.

Oh, and please, no more Tatooine.

Starting as a child (a la fable) and progressing through either the jedi or sith academy (player's choice) would also be welcome IMO.

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.

before i even read this thread.

CORUSCANT

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

why alderan?

I wanna go on Malachor 4.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

How many twilek striper bars does it take to make the player tired?

Seriously, a race in one of those pod things would be nice.

Coruscant, of course. I want to trial with the Jedi Council and learn in the archieves. But otherwise... Wanna be Revan. But traveling thorough the Alps (Alderaan) with a Dark Lord and his fellows, would be damn great. And not like the other guys here, I think, that we actually should see Tatooine again. Its just THE original SW planet. Dont you cry every night, because you dream of seeing twin suns rising and falling? I DO, HELL ****!!!! :yucky::) Just a joke

After reading the Wiki on Ithor i think it could have a brilliant story. It would have fitted perfectly into KotOR 1 with the star maps but maybe can be included in KotOR 3?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ithor

Ithor was a planet located in the Mid Rim. It was a planet full of lush life, and the planet's surface had not a touch of civilization on it. The Ithorians themselves, otherwise known as "Hammerheads," built huge floating cities that didn't harm the surface. Entry upon the surface was forbidden, unless one stayed there permanently. Some Ithorians such as the Oracle were compelled to go down to the planet surface; however, as they "heard the call" of Mother Jungle, the Ithorian religion's personification of Ithor's world-spanning jungle. The surface of the planet of Ithor played host to numerous plants, including the bafforr tree, which possessed telepathic capabilities. The planet contained andurite stone, and every three Ithorian years was the center of the Time of Meeting.

Entry upon the surface was forbidden, unless one stayed there permanently.

Thats the reason it would be good in KotOR 1, a perfect location for a Star Map...

Edited by glovemaster