Do you or do u not like peragus  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you or do u not like peragus

• Like peragus
    • Dislike peragus

I really HATE peragus!

There are too many droids for too low a lvl.

I got through it but there were waaay too many droids.

Also there wasnt any people so it made me feel cold, alone and the first time i played peragus, nervous. :unsure: :'(

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

I quite liked Peragus, certainly better than Taris. The linearity didn't bother me, and the fact that my character was still very weak and had few powers set the game up nicely. The rest of the game sees too many levelups, too quickly. Every levelup on Peragus made a difference.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

That first part, right after you speak with Kreia, I just run my way through the droids to the control room and deactivate them without even fighting them. I get a good chunk of xp too.

Think storyline for Peragus could have been deeper. Gameplay might be ok, except that it was a bit rushed, I feel.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I think that Peragus II was a vast improvement over Taris maily because Taris was too long. Asalready mentioned I too felt cold and alone on Peragus II but I guess that was the way you were intended to feel. Mainly I didn't like only having myself and no other characters ni my party. I think that Peragus II like all other levels should have been bigger then they were. Although I can not stress this enough...Peragus II was much better then Taris.

iceman1731.jpg

Where is the "I hated it option"

Taris was better, although long but it gave you an insight to what the game is going to be like, and it started off your whole adventure, it just gave you the experience of whats to come.

Peragus was isolated, and only creepy droids where you fighting, dead corpses everywhere and made the start melancholy. When the start of the game is made, its always giving you a look in to what the rest of th egame is going to be like, so TSL was just like peragus a pretty dark game

It needed to have other levels so that several other side quests could have been opened up, even though completing those quests would be left optional to a PC. And following through some of those side quests would have allowed players to obtain certain items that were non-randomly generated.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Does any body feel indifferent to peragus?

I already gave my reasons in another poll....Lazy post...what Revan_Returns said,but that is why I like it.A topic for venting I think. :-

Yeah I know how you feel, Ive basically expressed all my ideas and dont really feel like doing it over and over, because its never as good as the original post. I hate trying to find them as well in your posts lol

It needed to have other levels so that several other side quests could have been opened up, even though completing those quests would be left optional to a PC. And following through some of those side quests would have allowed players to obtain certain items that were non-randomly generated.

Yeah it was basically divided up into probabally 2 sections, 1 the massive bit, peragus, 2 the small bit, the harbinger wow was that a relief

btw where is the "AH! BURN IT" Option?

I disliked it, it's one of those places that I prefer to play quickly through.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

A favourite part in a twisted and oddly creepy way is the recording of the maintenance officers last words. ;)

True Lucian it isn't a level I like to linger on either,more side quests so early in the game would break the suspense.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I SAW THE HORSE MOVE!

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

i hated peragus.i thought there should have been more to the level.

And it did not have to be based in an asteroid also.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

disliked peragus liked Taris (although a little long)

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Peragus was one of those levels and stages, where you liked it the first time, but you never want to go through it again, it was shorter then Taris but Taris had everything it was basically more then a prologue and a beginning. Peragus would be better without the isolation.

Peragus was a great start as it involved the player's concentration completely. Trying to piece together in your mind what happened, investigating the lethal dose of sedatives in the Med Bay. I enjoyed it a lot the first time, and the second time I breezed through it because I knew what I was doing a lot more.

Guest The Architect
Peragus was one of those levels and stages, where you liked it the first time, but you never want to go through it again, it was shorter then Taris but Taris had everything it was basically more then a prologue and a beginning. Peragus would be better without the isolation.

Agreed. Peragus was okay during my first playthrough of KOTOR II, but after that, it just became too long and boring, I just rushed through Peragus as quickly as possible to get off the friggin rock. The fact that it was so isolated didn't help, as in terms of roleplaying, it was lacking everything that Taris had in KOTOR (people to talk to, fun side-quests and mini-games to do) and the list goes on.

But that's taking nothing away from KOTOR II, apart from Peragus, all the cut-content and all the annoying bugs/glitches, KOTOR II was a brilliant game, IMO, I thought it was better than KOTOR.

Edited by The Architect