Conan!

Azure79

I wanted something dark and gritty to read for sometime. I watched Conan the Barbarian(after many years) a few days back. I suddenly remembered that there was a whole setting dedicating to Conan, created by Robert E. Howard. I think this might fit the bill.

Can I get some input on how good the books are from you avid readers out there.

Thanks!

Don't forget Red Sonya!

By all means, DO try to forget her.

Personally i never been very big for everything not written by Howard himself.

I think the character of those stories and the personality of their author go hand in hand.

The sad part however is that not all his stories are on the same level and he only wrote a few in his brief career as a writer.

Personally after reading Conan i suggest moving to his other characters, some of which are also very compelling, particularly Bran Mak Morn and Solomon Kane...

I wanted something dark and gritty to read for sometime. I watched Conan the Barbarian(after many years) a few days back. I suddenly remembered that there was a whole setting dedicating to Conan, created by Robert E. Howard. I think this might fit the bill.

Can I get some input on how good the books are from you avid readers out there.

Thanks!

Conan Chronicles Vol.1

Conan Chronicles Vol.2

These contain the original Conan stories. It's best to avoid anything written after Howard died; not that they're bad or anything, thay just don't have the same feel to them.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0575077...glance&n=266239

Funnily enough, I found that from a library. In Finland. It would be criminal to call it decent but that's what I'm gonna do, since the save-the-girl-decapitate-the-mage-and-his-demon-crony-shtick gets really really boring after the fifth story or so. But the ones where Howard ahs really tried something new, like Beyond the Black River, Red Nails and Phoenix in the Sword truly shine. It balances the bad ones out. There's that pure adventure spirit and almost primal understanding of what a pulp short story should be about. Bestest Conan ever. I can safely say that Red Nails (along with maybe Tower of the Elephant) are some of the best short stories I've yet to read.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds