New SW game

It didn't really have much of a write up about the actual game.

Any idea what it's about?

re: Hades. You can pretty much copy and paste that as your response for anything. :lol:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wouldn't mind a Star Wars action game as long as it didn't suck.

That one criteria seems to be overlooked all too often by Lucasarts.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, they don't call it A New Hope for nothing.  Because that's all you get.  Just one hope.  Better use your hope to make sure it doesn't suck - not for some Wookie bling-bling.

What Lucasarts should do is publish a game with RPG elements, but instead of set in the movie era, set it way back, like in the Old Republic era.

That game would sell well.

The only way the Star Wars series would do any good now would be to expand the KotOR series, seriously the movie series is over and done with another shoot'em'up featuring darth vader? yawn its probabally gona be just like ep3 the game, poorly made sorta like lotr platform.

I know! its gona be like bounty hunter, and episode 3 the game combine, really craptacular, good features and graphics perhaps, but limited gameplay and dull levels which contain only a few good levels, the start.

oh yeah btw, the only thing that attracted my attention was the lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2 advertisement :( cos ive already heard of the upcomming darth vader game ages ago it was posted somewhere and i wasnt that much impressed

stormtroopers? mercenaries? lightside and darkside shoot'em'ups? *sigh* not impressed either

sticking to the kotor series thanks, and hoping for a third

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshots would likely be far from being Kotor-related conceptual art.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

While it's true that Star Wars is mostly just for fun, and repetition is fine for the sort of fiction it is - I really do think it weakens the franchise to reuse material, with minor addendums, instead of thinking of something new that makes it feel like the world *grows*.

That's a nice, long, overly intellectualized way of saying that I agree - we need to friggin' move on from Darth Vader's story.

Also, if you tack on, "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away," and your story doesn't have even the equivalent appeal of a BS action film, that opening crawler sort of loses any meaning for the story you try to present.

Meh. Maybe I just don't like video games - most of them use repetition to the point that I stop caring, more often than not. I guess that might be easier to organize and program.

Edited by drybis

And I'm not interested in being Darth Vader or any other figure from the movies when I play a SW game. Heck, being TK-14 is more fun than being Luke... At least I can invent TK-14's backstory and pretend what he looks like under his helmet

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.