Full Sail

I was wondering.... would it be a good idea to go to Full Sail after getting my associates in programming at a community college. I live in florida by the way. I thought about going to Digipen but Full Sail is closer and a great school also. So, would this be wise?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So far, none of the people from Full Sail that have applied for programming positions at Obsidian have been hired.

Two people from Digipen have. And I've tested and interviewed others from Digipen that impressed me.

This isn't to say Full Sail is a bad school - this is just relating the experience I have had with applicants from each school. I've also reviewed the curriculum of both schools, and if I had to recommend one over the other, it would be Digipen.

That said, like any school you will get out of it what you put into it. If you don't dedicate yourself while you are there and instead just do the minimum to skate by, you probably still won't make it through the interview process at any decent game developer.

That said, like any school you will get out of it what you put into it.  If you don't dedicate yourself while you are there and instead just do the minimum to skate by, you probably still won't make it through the interview process at any decent game developer.

I went to Vancouver Film School for my 3d class, and I can totally relate. Half the class ended up with absolutely garbage demo reels because they just didn't bother showing up for class or didn't really take it seriously, which is sad because it cost them like 25 grand to go.

Yet the people who did apply themselves ended up with absolutely gorgeous reels. One of the guys ended up getting a job at 3d realms working on Duke Nukem Forever... My first thought when I heard that was "Sweet, job security". We figured he would have ended up at Pixar though. Most of the others ended up at Nerd Corp and Mainframe, with a couple at Rockstar and EA. I sadly find it hard to motivate myself outside of a studio environment and haven't been able to update my demo reel.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg