KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Wouldn't you have to build the council again because if i remember (im probably wrong) you destroyed the order or the order was killed by darth traya. wouldn't you have to build the council again or i guess if the game starts off in the future then i guess it would of given the jedi time to rebuild themselves.

The Jedi that the Exile trained restart the order. Three thousand years later during the war between the Republic and the Brotherhood of Darkness, there's a Jedi temple on Coruscant and everything. I've been reading the Darth Bane novel and they dont mention anything about the True Sith at all. Since that info is now carved in stone to the Star Wars story, I'm worried that Revan and the Exile were forgotten eventually. Actually, the Exile hasnt been mentioned at all in the book, only Revan has. But then again Revan was much more important to the Sith than the Exile.

They probabl weren't ready to develop what Revan did in the UR, regarding the True Sith, so they had to leave all that out, and while it may give the impression that they were forgotten by then, I think that once the Revan-Exile-True Sith arc is wrapped up, you'll be seeing more of their legacy in the SW universe.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I can just imagine all the orginal crew on citadel station all lined up and they stand a few metres from a door where they see a cloaked hooded figure standing in the door way, they all watch for a minute or two before the figure moves and stands in front of them before the unknown person pulls back his hood to reveal ; Revan. :p

Yes, that would be awesome. I'm sorry I forgot to PM you in regards to my KotOR III story, since I know you wanted to read it. I forgot all about you  :"> . Note that I've only completed the introduction and part one of my KotOR III story so far, but here's the link...

that's alright, I've actually been away from this board for many moons. My "real" life has had me a bit too busy but I suspect I will start posting again for now.

thanks for the link.

Wouldn't you have to build the council again because if i remember (im probably wrong) you destroyed the order or the order was killed by darth traya. wouldn't you have to build the council again or i guess if the game starts off in the future then i guess it would of given the jedi time to rebuild themselves.

The Jedi that the Exile trained restart the order. Three thousand years later during the war between the Republic and the Brotherhood of Darkness, there's a Jedi temple on Coruscant and everything. I've been reading the Darth Bane novel and they dont mention anything about the True Sith at all. Since that info is now carved in stone to the Star Wars story, I'm worried that Revan and the Exile were forgotten eventually. Actually, the Exile hasnt been mentioned at all in the book, only Revan has. But then again Revan was much more important to the Sith than the Exile.

They probabl weren't ready to develop what Revan did in the UR, regarding the True Sith, so they had to leave all that out, and while it may give the impression that they were forgotten by then, I think that once the Revan-Exile-True Sith arc is wrapped up, you'll be seeing more of their legacy in the SW universe.

The great thing is that the writer of the Darth Bane novel also wrote the story for KotOR 1. :lol:

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

I'd definitely like more rpg games to mash bad guys (or good guys) with my super-sabers of doom. I'm in the camp of wishing for a Kotor3, but I'd also be happy enough just to have a new SW rpg, even if it wasn't called Kotor... :ermm:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Honestly, it wouldnt be that bad to have a KotOR happen in the thousand years between the Battle of Ruusan and Episode 1. The Jedi Order is rebuilding after the lost of so many Jedi Masters and as far as we know the Sith are now following the rule of 2 after being purged by the thought bomb/Darth Bane. The only Sith Lords I know of that live in that time span then are Darth Bane, Im guessing his new apprentice Rain becomes the new Dark Lord of the Sith eventually, Darth Cognas and his apprentice Darth Millennial, then there is also Darth Plagueis, and then Darth Sidious and Maul.

Edited by Dace_Acier

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

I actually like to think of KOTOR as a time period, not a specific story arc. Which means, that you could have any number of KOTORs, just like with the Final Fantasy franchise.

I like to think of the KOTOR time period as anything from the time of Exar Kun (The Sith War) to the time of Darth Bane (Battle of Ruusan).

Now, you could go prior to this time period (Golden Age of the Sith) or beyond (the Republic Age?/the Rule of Two, etc).

But KOTOR is great because it is a very feudal time, even though it nominally has a Republic structure. It is a time in which it there are lots of Jedi, Sith, Krath and all kinds of lone ranger types and splinter groups, not to mention an ongoing feud with the Mandalorians.

We have to have joinable factions in any future KOTOR, IMO....let's take advantage of what this setting has to offer.

True. Suffice to say that one can go by basis where ending of a certain period will allow beginning of another, that gives some balance to KotOR story, rather than equating time period ending as ending game story. One could even suggest that history might follow certain time lines and yet characters within that time period in parts of KotOR story remain undocumented. Something like a similar occurrence where Count Dooku erased Kamino's location in SW: AotC from Jedi records/archives, allowing consideration of validity of reliance on such data.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

No, first person is not going to happen. You may like it, as do I but not for Kotor. The system Kotor is using is not meant for action. It's meant for interaction, and with interaction party members are needed. And with party members, it will be third person which I guess isn't bad.

And I believe as well that Kotor III will be made. I believe I have read somewhere that Lucasarts wanted to bring out 2 Star Wars games each year. This year, I believe they brought out Battlefront II, Empire at War and Lego Star Wars II perhaps, I don't know and frankly I don't really care. I don't like to spend any more time with playing games just because they are Star Wars. Also, I think that I have seen enough of those games set in the so well known time period in the SW Universe. Say about 50 BBY till 50 ABY.

And what Plano Skywalker said, I guess that will be all right, allthough I guess that should mean that the story of Revan and the Exile needs to be closed of in Kotor III. Then we might have a Kotor IV, V, VI maybe even until Kotor X or so which is good. That means we can play these games until we all retire, who knows.

But first, I think we should be patient. Now that Lucasarts probably studied the Two Sith rule, they are going to use it. The Two games rule, a rule practised by LA Sith Lord Darth Ward :D (Jim Ward).

Hmm, Darth Ward, it doesn't even sound bad......

So maybe if we are lucky 2007 or otherwise 2008 will be the next Kotor. I really don't think thay simply forgot that they did make a game of the year that was Star Wars: Knights of the old republic. And face it, if they only cared about money, they could simply make simple mindless action games and then suddenly, people don't want to play those SW games any longer. Why? Because they say they are all the same.

Master Vandar lives!

From a certain perspective the "KOTOR" era can be anywhere from 25000 BBY to 19 BBY

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yeah right up to the point where the Emperor says his famous line.

I'd definitely like more rpg games to mash bad guys (or good guys) with my super-sabers of doom. I'm in the camp of wishing for a Kotor3, but I'd also be happy enough just to have a new SW rpg, even if it wasn't called Kotor... :lol:

Aye, I feel the same way. Dont care so much when the timeline is set to, just so long as its ANYTHING but the movie times. Please oh please oh please not that.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

From a certain perspective the "KOTOR" era can be anywhere from 25000 BBY to 19 BBY

I just think it makes sense to cut it off at about the time of Darth Bane (and his Rule of Two). You really can't have KOTOR with only 2 Sith hiding about in the shadows.

KOTOR is a feudal time with lots of Sith running around.

There is a period of time after Bane where the rule of 2 was abandoned again. This wasnt very long though and I dont know exactly when it happened.

Does anyone think Kreia might be responsible for Revans disappearance? any ideas, does anyone know where he/she might of have disappeared too? its certinaly strange how someone has gone for so long, I mean if revan returns he/she is going to have a pretty good explantion to why he/she has disappeared for so long.

Kreia's words about the "real sith threat" made me wonder was Revan this actual threat....heres my thinking.

Revan was turned to the light unvoluntarily (the mind wipe etc and planting "happy" thoughts). So perhaps over time as her memory came back the "happy" thoughts were being replaced by her original mentality, which was that of a Sith Lord/Dark Jedi. Yet possibly her time under the influence of these "happy" thoughts stopped her from acting upon her dark ones.

-"Revan knew that the true war is not against the Republic. It waits for us beyond the Outer Rim. And she has gone to fight it, in her own way"- Kreia

Its that "In her own way" part that makes me think perhaps Revan knew she was a key part to whatever the darkness was out there, and perhaps that she knew it would require her using the strength of the darkside to defeat itself.

Because lets face it, if you could turn someone to the lightside permanently by injecting "happy" thoughts into them, then why didnt they do this to other Dark Jedi/Sith?. No the Jedi hoped it would work long enough for her to show them to the starforge etc and plainly used her as they knew she'd probably never turn back to the light otherwise. They probably figured with any luck the "happy" thoughts would stick in her mind and she would never find out who she used to be, thus not sparking any memories returning.

I think Revan will follow a similar path to Kreia, the latter of which although on the DS still did positive things for the greater good. E.g. => protecting the Exile from the masters, and other hostiles he encountered, Saving him from the Harbringer and training him in the ways of the force and lightsaber combat so he would be strong enough to face the Sith hunting him.

My theory behind her telling the Exile to go after Revan is that she failed in killing the force like she hoped so there could be no more DS vs LS wars. Therefore she sends the Exile in pursuit of Revan so he could help her, since the pair balance each other out (read further down my post for what i mean by that).

Her reasons for training the Exile IMO are...

* He's been to war with Revan, he knows her and how she thinks so he already has a connection with her and has shown his admiration for her.

* Like above, he's experienced war and battle and managed to turn away from its lustful side so it didnt consume him. So the chances of him falling to the DS are pretty slim (obviously theres still a small chance). His experiences in war also give an advantage in fighting battles.

* Also because of his whole "force-bonding-echoe-in-the-force-ability" he is probably the strongest Jedi alive. Admittadely he struggled and was nearlly defeated if it werent for Kreia by 3 Jedi Masters, but it took 3 of them. 1 on 1 and he would of beaten each of them.

* The force bonds that he creates are unique, and his emotions and feelings are transferred through them which causes those close to him to react similar or feel the same emotion. This could help him in persuading Revan to come back to the LS by connecting with her (or using their connection they must of had fighting alongside each other).

-"You are a cipher, forming bonds, leeching the life of others, siphoning their will and dominating them. [...] You are a breach that must be closed"-Vrook Lamar

* Also the Exile and Revan's force strength are a contrast, where as Revan is described as being the "heart of the force" the Exile is described as being "the death of the force". This leads me to think that the pair counter one another, abit like scales. Although the Exile was weaker in force ability BEFORE Malachor V and Revan was STRONGER at that point. Now the Exile can leech the force from others, his force potential would be equal to if not stronger than Revan. That way they sort of balance each other out.

Ultimately in KOTOR3 i imagine the Exile finding Revan who is fighting her own inner demons about what caused her fall in the first place. While also using the darkside to give her the strength to fight whatever it was that caused her to fall. And i have a feeling everything will centre back onto the start of the Mandalorian wars. No doubt the pair will duel (possibly Revan feels the Exile can't help her, that shes beyond redemption and the only way to do what she needs to is to use the DS) after a close battle the Exile gets the upperhand

-"...you are greater than any I have ever trained..."- Kreia commenting on Exile after their duel on Malachor V.

and offers Revan redemption. Through his force bonds and connection with her she realises finally that there is another way to do what she needs to protect the galaxy and accepts his offer. (possible romance between the two?...perhaps she realises through their connection that although she loved Carth, it wasn't really her that fell in love with him, but the identity the Jedi gave her???)

This is my two pennies, IMO Exile is a LSM and Revan a DSF/LSF. I prefer Revan as female as it allows (again IMO) for a more intricate plot than if he was male, after all why would Carth be so distraught over a guy leaving him? Also it would allow for a possible romance between Exile and Revan. Perhaps the Exile could reveal the reason he followed her to the Mandalorian Wars was out of love for her. And the reason he left after Malachor V was because she had changed from the woman he loved to a Sith.

I think it would be rather funny too if we learnt Malak lost his lower jaw from a duel between Exile and Malak in which Revan tried to seduce the Exile to the darkside to replace Malak. (abit like Palpatine using Dooku and Anakin, Vader and Luke). It would also add another reason Malak turned on Revan aswell.

Off course the other characters would spring up in it at some point, definately Carth. But i havent a clue how to fit them in lol.....again this is all my two pennies, dont take it serious...just hopfully enjoy my random ideas!

Edited by master_pendrak

Well Master pendark, that's certainly an interesting theory and one of the best I have ever read.

How I see Revan and the Exile? They do have their similarities but they are also each others opposites. I think the Exile and Revan are just as powerful.

But here it is:

Revan is the "Heart of the Force" which I think means he is the one who provides the force to others, making them stronger which could explain why all his party members also became so powerful in a matter of months, Yes I am talking a bit about the D-20 system here.

The Exile is the "Death of the Force" which I think means she is becoming powerful since she is leaching the force from other force sensitives, which should mean that the Exiles party members should become less powerful but this isn't the case. Why? I think it is because the Exile mostly feeds on death as you see when a DS exile kills a Jedi master.

Now, who thinks that Revan is maybe an ancestor of Darth Plageuis? As "Heart of the Force" he might be able to save others from death.

The common things between the Exile and Revan? They both attract other people, they are both very good leaders, they can both solve planet or even galaxy size problems. This is because what they represent.

How did we came to this discussion, O yes, Bastilla's post. Well, it could be that Kreia is responsible for that but I sincerely hope not. Why? Because it could mean that the True Sith don't really exist and I just hope Kotor III woul be in a war scenario, not one to solve a mistery and being attacked by some Assassins like in Kotor II.

Master Vandar lives!

I don't think all the Jedi council did was giving Revan some "happy thoughts". His minds was completely broken, they basically gave him a new past. He may have been a Sith, but he also was a Jedi before that, I don't think that there is any reason to suspect that the darkside had any lasting influence past his memory loss.

As for why they didn't do it to other Sith.

1) None of them where of any importance to the Jedi

2) They didn't know the secrets of Revan's army

3) They weren't close to death, suffering severe brain damage

It is one thing to "restore" a mind which is badly wounded, it is something totally different to "overwrite" an existing mind of a somewhat healthy person.

What they did to Revan was already stretching the boundaries quite a bit, but he would have died otherwise, other Sith didn't suffer the same fate, it would be murder.

Not to mention that the Jedi had better things to do than spending quit a bit of time on some low-ranking Sith. Nor would it be clear whether you can successfully overwrite a healthy mind. The risk is simply not worth the efforts, Revan was a special case.

I don't see any connection between Revan and Plageius, either.

Seeing someone as the heart of the force and having someone who can save/create life, isn't really a close connection. One is simply a metaphor, the other is an ability very few, if any other people have learned. Not every powerful person needs to be linked to another one.

Besides, if I remember correctly, Darth Plageius isn't human :blink: