KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Hahahha

Well to be honest I really cant blame anyone for doubting Kotor 3's existance as of yet. There really isnt any proof, or even any evidence of any proof available. So yeah, it's all just a hope on my part. But still, I think it's a little pre-mature to say that it will Never be created. That I find very hard to believe.

Unfortunatly, with Battlefront 3 confirmed and KOTOR 3 not, doesn't bold well for KOTOR 3 fans.

Screw Battlefront 3...no wait that game is gonna be amazing. Still though, KotOR 3 should be just as important to them because it is just as good and Im guessing brought in just as much money.

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Yup, hey what side is better for kotor II dark side or light side? and if ever a kotor III it should be for PS3, see some of the beauty that can become of star wars :p

The most powerful is a Jedi Master with Force Storm and Master Heal. Kills pretty much everything in the game. Which I've decided is kinda a bad thing if you think about it. I remember how boring it got when you went into a room full of Sith Troopers and did Force Storm once...all dead.

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

A Force Crush GCI would be awesome to see. Someone gets lifted and you see their bones shatter as they get wadded up into a tight little ball...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Being DS was hard in 2 at first. You dont get the healing abilities like the Jedi. You get steal life or something but it doesnt restore as much or to the entire party.

Im thinking that if you're choosing the path of the dark side then power should come easilly to you. At least that is how it goes in the stories. They kinda pulled it off with getting the tiny ds powers at the beginning but Im thinking strength, speed, agility, those types of things. Haha with all the stuff we want out of KotOR 3 this is going to be one complicated game.

Hahahha

Well to be honest I really cant blame anyone for doubting Kotor 3's existance as of yet. There really isnt any proof, or even any evidence of any proof available. So yeah, it's all just a hope on my part. But still, I think it's a little pre-mature to say that it will Never be created. That I find very hard to believe.

Unfortunatly, with Battlefront 3 confirmed and KOTOR 3 not, doesn't bold well for KOTOR 3 fans.

Yeah. LA doesn't seem to give **** about Kotors OR their fans. LA did not permit Obsidian to make content patch, but remember all the patches and stuff BF 2 got in few weeks.

Besides, with Battlefronts being succesful, they don't need Kotor. Until they become greedy.

The fact that Kotor's story is not ready means nothing for them.

I suppose that we get K3 someday, but its far from sure IMO

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'm guessing they will release it, interest will probably be raised

about the same time that epI-III come out as a DVD trilogy pack.

although this could mean a 2/3 year wait (bummer).

I am surprised at lucasarts unwillingness to persue it now, as the

KotOR games have been by far the best star wars games I've

played. (and I really couldn't care less about battlefront!!)

I do agree that the fact that they didn't release a content patch

for KotOR2 was a stupid idea (cough*morons*cough). In retrospect

that may be the thing that kills KotOR as a series. The decreased

content (and mission consistency) prevented it from winning GOTY

which may have turned lucasarts against it. (please don't let be true!)

I was again thinking optimistically (they will release KotOR3)

and was wondering whether a complete character design feature

would be the answer, like in some of the wrestling games on

the PS1/2, which allow almost complete control over all parts of

the character.

Another thing that came to mind, with respect to armour. I know

people have been wanting raisable hoods on jedi robes, well wouldn't

it be cool if, with the mandalorian armour(s) you could choose to have

the helmet on/off (with bonuses/penalties for doing so), and have them

differentiated by colour (normal - blue, heavy - red, assault - yellow).

I think that would be cool.

anyway I've wittered on long enough

laterz

Guest Accept
I was again thinking optimistically (they will release KotOR3)

and was wondering whether a complete character design feature

would be the answer, like in some of the wrestling games on

the PS1/2, which allow almost complete control over all parts of

the character.

Oh man, that would be cool. :D

...It would be a small dream coming true. :(

Guest The Architect

One possibility (although highly unlikely) is that if KotOR III is made, it's going to be this big trilogy 'wrapper upper' that most of us are hoping it to be. Now, what if LucasArts is deliberately waiting until (in terms of size (technologically), time and costing) they are able to develop four different stories for KotOR III which alter depending on the alignments of Revan and the Exile?

This may be wishful thinking on my part, but what if they are waiting so they have the ability (technologically and financially) to do this? Revan and the Exile

I think the main thing is that even if there ever is a Kotor3, it's not in the plans now, and if they ever change their minds and start working on it, it'll likely be...a long time from now.

I generally don't like to consider any game series dead unless companies break up, and even then, sequels to games occasionally are still made, even if it's a decade later. :blink:

But yeah, in terms of wanting something "pretty soon" - like a year or two - I don't see that coming.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Forget the PS3 in should come out on the 360 or PC if kotor3 ever comes out. Do you even know how much that pos is gonna cost! $600-$900 and the games are gonna be freakin $90 forget that. The games might look great but omg thats $90 a game unless you're made of money I wouldn't get it. >_<

Dont know if it's true or not. But even if it is, give it a little time, the prices will come down. X-box 360 will give them some serious pricing competition and steal their business. Then they'll drop those prices right to the floor.

Almost always happens that way.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

LucasArts is not showing any concern for KotOR. Their really into BF. It would appear that it is their cash cow. (w00t)

I tend to think that KotOR came from a bit of a dead spot in the LocusArts histery and besides the fact that they wanted a game while the movies where creating a roar, the story was not their idea. After all, 4000 years before the stuff they have their attention on, atleast with regard to the story?

I think KotOR 3 will come in mutch the same way the first did. When they want to get their hands on more money, due to old ideas dring up, and decide to dig it back up. A look at the company tells me it is only a few years away. It will come in about 2 or 3 years. :mellow:

I have a possible story idea and suggestion for KOTOR III.

The main idea for KOTOR III is that your a mysterious person traveling throughout the galaxy including Alderran, Couruscant, Telos, Taris, Kashyyyk, Korriban, Dantooine, and other planets.

KOTOR III:

The reason your traveling throughout the galaxy is because your searching for all the people that helped Revan and the Exile. Although some have died, you dont really know that. The thing is, you know or have an idea of where they are (or last seen) and possibly what they are doing. The reason you are doing this is also unkown to you, which is revealed later on in the story, of course you mite have alrdy figured it out lol. Youll meet and gather the former characters. Heres a list though not in order, of the possible planets and their status (the character's)

Alderaan - Mira - dead, but she is a jedi so her spirit meets you

Kashyyyk - Zalbarr - Chieften, he comes with you and helps you find Mission

- Hanharr (spelling?) - dead, in the shadowlands, side quest to find out

Telos - Bao-dur (without remote) - runs one of the restoration facilites, comes w/u

Couruscant - Carth - Admiral, comes w/you

- Bastilla - jedi master, one of the leaders of the jedi council

- Visas - a jedi knight

Korriban - you come here due to rumors of sith, and u find some that try to kill u

Rhen Var - The Handmaiden - she is a padawan still, but is close to becoming

jedi knight at the jedi academy on Rhen var

Ossus - disciple - although hes the keeper of the archives on couruscant, he came

to Ossus to learn more about the past

Dxun/Onderon - Mandalore - still in charge, he has preserved the mandalorian

and has created new armor

Now here are the ones I couldnt place. Juhani, Mission, Atton, HK, T3, G0-T0, and Jolee Bindo. Im thinking Atton and Mission should be smugglers working together, however they dont know about eachother's past and dont want to know until you show up ( just a coincidence hehe) and Atton is considered a rogue jedi and the order has tried to strip him of his light saber, but all they have been succesful at is puting him in Republic database as fugitive and wanted alive. I dont want Atton flying the Ebon Hawk when you find him cause it would be kidna stupid having him and mission not knowing about eachothers past and Mission not ever asking him where and how he got the Ebon. Im wondering if Jolee Bindo should be dead, I think he played a good role as a mentor/father of Revan, so having him alive would be a good idea I think. However if hes in the jedi order I doubt he would accept the role of a council member or master. Juhani, I have no idea, im thinking Taris or Rhen Var. T3 and HK would be together, sort of like C-3PO and R2, both in a criminal sort of business. I am wondering if i should have them piloting the Ebon Hawk and thats how you meet them. G0-T0 has been destroyed, but he put his memory and "mind" in a computer that he installed within the ebon hawk (note: he does not control the ebon)

Again, youll go throughout the galaxy finding everyone so you can go into the unkown regions (KOTOR IV) and help Revan and the Exile defeat the true sith, assuming they havent fallen to the dark side (again) and joined the sith.

Yeah. LA doesn't seem to give **** about Kotors OR their fans. LA did not permit Obsidian to make content patch, but remember all the patches and stuff BF 2 got in few weeks.

Besides, with Battlefronts being succesful, they don't need Kotor. Until they become greedy.

The fact that Kotor's story is not ready means nothing for them.

I suppose that we get K3 someday, but its far from sure IMO

probably true. I look at it as a blessing in disguise: by the time the suits are ready to go with the project, the storyline people will already have it fleshed out and in perfect sync with the EU (the new comic, et al).

of course, the more time goes by, then perhaps the more likely it is that K3 will not be a "true sequel" of K2 but carve out a new story much like K2 did to K1. The resolutions that we are looking for may only be found in the comic.

Edited by Plano Skywalker

The problem is there seems to be no one "fleshing out" the story

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)