KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

I want to be Yoda in K3!!!!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

OR atleast Yaddle

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

The Time Period

50 years after the end of TSL minimum please. Give the events of KotOR and TSL a chance to have ramifications before we dive into them again. That would probably mean we say farewell to the Ebon Hawk, but that's not really a big deal.

I disagree completely, make it one year, five is the absolute maximum for the story to work.

TSL already paved the way for the story of KOTOR III. You have a threat which needs to be taken care off and the protagonists who are going to fight it, waiting 50 years leaves the story and the fate of important characters completely open/unfinished.

If the Sith are such a dangerous threat, they wouldn't wait for 50-60 years to attack, because by then, the Republic and the Jedi Order have rebuild completely.

They spent the whole second game building up the true Sith, it wouldn't make much sense to not finish that story arch. And the only way they can do that properly, is by setting the game shortly after TSL.

OK, my first post on this board... ahem...

Right, what I want out of KotOR3

As far as the main character goes, more choice of heads, start as a apprentice/

padawan. ie classless for the prologue (training) and you choose your class at the end, prestige classes should still become available (if max 50 levels then at level 20, with the first 5(ish) levels being a padawan) this should allow you to create a fairly balanced jedi character yet still personalised to your gamepley preferences.

Items/Weapons/Armour - Better looking robes (duh), more complete armour (the large gaps don't look good) with personalisable colours (both robes and armour) so you can actually have the robes/armour you want and still retain a degree of consistency with the colour of your characters (or have them looking completely different, pick your poison). You should start with a basic, non upgradeable lightsaber, until you become a full fledged jedi, when you get to design your own (like in jedi academy) which will be upgradeable. All quest items should disappear after the quest is finished (unless it is a usable item) as they fill the inventory so quickly. (I could go on forever on this) my last point is item pick ups, the completely random system in KotOR2 was rubbish, at least separate items etc into groups and have a random item from that group, ie a jedi related item in a box in a jedi temple, rather than a load of guns/grenades/useless stuff.

Worlds - well Dantooine and Korriban are a must, preferable with all areas open! Tatooine, Coruscant, Corellia, Kashyyk, and Mon Calamari would be cool, as well as the Yavin Moon (and associated space station, bring back the baraguin!) and a suitable final planet.

Quests - well seeing as they missed out the HK factory in KotOR2 despite mentioning it, I think they have to include it.

Characters - HK, T3 for sure (they are like R2 and C3PO, the stories narrators), 3 Jedi (G,S&C), Canderous/Mandalore as a soldier, and the rest completely new, some

of the old characters would make up the jedi council, Handmaiden, Disciple, Bao-Dur, Atton, etc. however any that could have died (bastila, carth, visas etc) should be either left out entirely or should appear as holograms. Revan, if (s)he appears should be entirely robed appropriate to a choice you make at the start of the game (the classic black robes if DS, new brown/cream robes if LS) while the exile should either not appear at all, or should have followed revan's example and become entirely covered, "so as to hide in true sith territory" etc.

Others - The influence system should remain, however the converting to jedi should not, there should be more chances to affect influence, and the change to the characters alignment should be taken into account in successive influence attempts.

Non-Jedi should be much more attractive, giving them the precise shot feats as a free upgrade at certain levels would help, as well as enabling new abilities that would be non-jedi specific like scoundrels luck etc.

Above all however I want a "finished" game with loads of new and different environments, that will take me ages to complete, and be fun.

And of course, no ****** peragus style level!!!!!

I think the fighting style should be way better than the other kotors, wich i think were ok, but you would just take turns hacking at eachother. it should be like episode III were you actually dodge and parry. and i think that there should be more customization options, like lightsaber hilt, face & hair.

OR atleast Yaddle

I think it would be cool to be able to play as one of their race of people. Of course you would have to die if you did.

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

OR atleast Yaddle

I think it would be cool to be able to play as one of their race of people. Of course you would have to die if you did.

I personally think that species needs to be retired and never seen again

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The Time Period

50 years after the end of TSL minimum please. Give the events of KotOR and TSL a chance to have ramifications before we dive into them again. That would probably mean we say farewell to the Ebon Hawk, but that's not really a big deal.

I disagree completely, make it one year, five is the absolute maximum for the story to work.

TSL already paved the way for the story of KOTOR III. You have a threat which needs to be taken care off and the protagonists who are going to fight it, waiting 50 years leaves the story and the fate of important characters completely open/unfinished.

If the Sith are such a dangerous threat, they wouldn't wait for 50-60 years to attack, because by then, the Republic and the Jedi Order have rebuild completely.

They spent the whole second game building up the true Sith, it wouldn't make much sense to not finish that story arch. And the only way they can do that properly, is by setting the game shortly after TSL.

that's precisely the point though - at the end of TSL (no matter what side you took when playing through) both the Sith and the Jedi are in almost complete disarray and in need of time to rebuild/build a threat.

by the time Traya dies at the end of the game, you've already killed (supposedly) one of the most powerful dark lords ever in Nihilus, and wiped out the near pyscopathic Sion and all of his minions. where is the threat coming from in 1-5 years from those ruins? what time have the previous two stories had to impact the KotOR universe in that time frame?

the Revan and Exile plots are played through to conclusion well enough that they can be looked back on from afar and still have meaning. their actions can be the basis for a new story in the time frame i've suggested - hell, it's even possible to have cameos for both of them in my time frame, or make them central to the plot if you want.

oh, and that's another thing... if it is now canon in the Star Wars universe that Revan was a LS male, and the Exile a LS female, then play it that way in the story for KotOR III - there's no need to have the players asking/answering silly questions about the alignment and gender of the previous two main characters. especially as 99% of players will have gone through the first two games using both genders with both alignments anyways.

Edited by Scatter

Fighting styles is a good point DARTH|MAUL I would like to see different animations for each of the saber styles, and dark and light side specific styles, vaapad being an example of a DS fighting style that's really aggressive.

As far as playing as other races go, it would be cool but I don't see it happening, I personally would love to be able to play as a Iridorian (Zabrak) M or a Twilek F Jedi, mainly because they look cool.

I do think that they will need to have a bigger range of races for the accompanying characters, as in KotOR2 the only real "alien" was bao'dur, visas looked too human, and apart from the droids the rest were human (I know there was a wookie, hanharr, but I wasn't keen on him and preferred to get mara as you could turn her into a jedi). so 2 or 3 proper alien characters in KotOR3 would be awesome.

Time period wise, I think between 10 and 25 years, mainly because of wanting revan and the exile (and associated characters) to be present, yet have changed sufficiently to still be "new". I think on balance it should be closer to 25 years as a new jedi order would have had to be established and flourishing, yet still be under threat from the enemy you have to defeat.

Laterz...

EDIT: Oh and only 2 droids please, G0T0 was useless!!

Edited by Dam13n

Vaapad is not a ds specific form. If it were then Mace wouldnt have used it. We've never seen it performed right anyways. Apparently you move so fast you can barely be seen.

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Guest The Architect
by the time Traya dies at the end of the game, you've already killed (supposedly) one of the most powerful dark lords ever in Nihilus, and wiped out the near pyscopathic Sion and all of his minions. where is the threat coming from in 1-5 years from those ruins? what time have the previous two stories had to impact the KotOR universe in that time frame?

The threat won't come from the known Sith of KotOR and KotOR II. However, the new threat would be the 'True Sith' in the unknown regions that waits in the dark for the great war that comes, as Kreia puts it...

the Revan and Exile plots are played through to conclusion well enough that they can be looked back on from afar and still have meaning. their actions can be the basis for a new story in the time frame i've suggested - hell, it's even possible to have cameos for both of them in my time frame, or make them central to the plot if you want.

I don't think Revan's story has finished yet. Take some of these points (things which I think the plot of KotOR III should focus on)...

1. Who are the 'True Sith'? What exactly are the 'True Sith'?

2. How long have they been in the unknown regions for? Why are they in the unknown regions?

3. If the 'True Sith' Empire is so great, then why didn't they attack the Republic/Jedi/Sith/Mandalorians after the Jedi Civil War when they were all in a clearly weak, vulnerable state?

4. If Revan still lives, what has he/she been doing in the unknown regions all of this time? Revan has been gone for four years, he/she has gone to 'fight them (the 'True Sith' in his/her own' way as Kreia puts it) but not even the likes of Revan can take on an entire Empire on their own, so what is Revan doing?

5. If the 'True Sith' were behind the Mandalorian Wars then how/when did they get the Mandalorians to launch an assault upon the Old Republic?

6. What did Revan discover in the unknown regions? How did Revan find out about the 'True Sith'? Who else apart from Revan, the Exile and Kreia knows/knew about the 'True Sith'?

There are many other unresolved questions like these too but you get the theme. Now as far as when exactly should KotOR III take place, to me it does not matter, it depends on how the devs handle things, as long as these type of questions are answered, then for me, KotOR III could take place anywhere between 3-25 years after KotOR II, that's the way I see it...

oh, and that's another thing... if it is now canon in the Star Wars universe that Revan was a LS male, and the Exile a LS female, then play it that way in the story for KotOR III - there's no need to have the players asking/answering silly questions about the alignment and gender of the previous two main characters. especially as 99% of players will have gone through the first two games using both genders with both alignments anyways.

What the hell? Answering silly questions about the alignment and gender of the previous two main characters! You would be destroying the whole point of KotOR and KotOR II if you base the story of KotOR III off a fixed LSM Revan and a fixed LSF Exile.

The KotOR games are CRPG's; the alignment and gender of Revan and the Exile (YOUR CHARACTERS) should always be decided by the player when it comes to the video games.

It would feel like a big slap in the face if I could not select the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile in KotOR III (assuming that if the game is made, it will take place in such a timeline that their genders and alignments will become relevant to the context of the plot).

Sure, Revan may be a LSM and the Exile may be a LSF according to EU in canon; but what they are in the video games is entirely up to the player. It should not be forced on the player!

If the story of KotOR III is based off a fixed Revan and a fixed Exile, I guarantee that you will lose a large chunk of fans, as those who played Revan as DS and/or female and those who played the Exile as DS and/or male will miss out, it isn

Edited by The Architect

Vaapad is not a ds specific form. If it were then Mace wouldnt have used it. We've never seen it performed right anyways. Apparently you move so fast you can barely be seen.

Not to contradict you or anything, but Mace Windu is supposed to have slight intimations to the dark side, and to be able to use certain dark side powers while staying perfectly in the light. (I must have read this on Wookiepedia.)

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

Well what I want out of K3 the most, is that if you are a padawan, have the other jedi/sith treat you as a padwan and give you tasks that they would give any other padawan and as you go up in ranks or whatever have people giving you more respect until you become a master. Now when you become a master you start to have your own opinion in the council or whatever, and start making critical choices that will change the whole game depending on what you chose to do. Possibly get your own student and be really Cautious about how you teach your student because depending on how you taught him he could turn to the darkside/lightside and later on in the game you would have to kill him or you could have taught him well so he stays dark/lightside (depending on what side you're on) and then he could join your party as an active member on saving or enslaving the galaxy. Pretty much I think I would like a more active role on some of the things that happen in the galaxy.

***Oh and Sorry If anyone has already mentioned this before***

Edited by bmason27

EDIT:  Oh and only 2 droids please, G0T0 was useless!!

Gotta be one of the best things ever said on these forums.

3 worst SW characters of all time, in their proper order:

1: Jar-Jar Binks

2: Rosh Penin

3: G0-T0

Aside from all of that, I can't help but wonder if this next Kotor will be based on DirectX 10 tech. That stuff's supposed to be really next-gen. But meh, I guess we'll see.

Oh and btw, my Soresu can beat your Vaapad anyday :)

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Guest Accept
EDIT:  Oh and only 2 droids please, G0T0 was useless!!

Completly agree. Oh man how i hated that droid... :lol:

And yes, play like an Twi' lek would be cool. :lol:

Edited by Accept

I agree with you all, there is so much patential in KotOR that it isnt even funny. I would like to see it have the battle system as Episode III, they had something there but it was a waste because the game was to ****ing short (2 1/2 hrs) but with alot of custimization and alot more hrs. of gamplay KotOR III could make game of the yr. once again, (tis a shame KotOR II didnt get the honor).

Playing as differant races would be sweet, even playing as a rodian (sorry if i spelled wrong) would be cool.

Armors. The armors ive seen, have always looked the same just dif colors ( but there are other variations i have noticed) and the robes should have more defence than what is on them.

Ive only played KotOR II, and for only 34 hrs. so im not realy that far.

Anyone think a DirectX 10 video card will be required for Kotor 3? Or just a bonus if you've got it, bummer if you dont, but you can play either way?

Since there seems to be no KIII, I say yes. We propably won't have the game (if ever) for a looooong time. And Vista DirectX are just behind corner now. It won't take long for G80 to be published

Anyone think a DirectX 10 video card will be required for Kotor 3? Or just a bonus if you've got it, bummer if you dont, but you can play either way?

Since there seems to be no KIII, I say yes. We propably won't have the game (if ever) for a looooong time. And Vista DirectX are just behind corner now. It won't take long for G80 to be published

Ever the optimist <_<

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Oh, what did I mess up... "And Vista DirectX are just behind corner now." That propably did not make any sense.

Vista and DirectX 10 are just behind corner now.

Sometimes I am optimist, sometimes I aren't. With K3 I ain't. :-

But wait a minute, I have to change my opinion: No, it will not require DX10. Because KIII will (if it is ever published :o ) propably be PC AND Xbox 360 game, it can't be DX10 only, since 360 don't support fully DX10 if my memory works. It has some DX10 features though, or atleast that is what I think. Someone could help with this?

Since it can't be DX10 only :)

But all resources of 360 are not used yet (remember what Konami could do with PS2 :) ) so I believe that PC has to be atleast top model (or close to it) of today.

IF k3 will ever come out :p

Hahahha

Well to be honest I really cant blame anyone for doubting Kotor 3's existance as of yet. There really isnt any proof, or even any evidence of any proof available. So yeah, it's all just a hope on my part. But still, I think it's a little pre-mature to say that it will Never be created. That I find very hard to believe.

benjamin1kn.jpg