KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Logic is on Calax's side

No, you are on his side. Logic dictates that since we have no information beyond speculation to base our theories on, it's anyones guess. We have equal reason to believe one way or the other.

I find it very hard to believe that LA wont be developing Kotor 3 till 2010 as stated before. I think, note the word THINK, it will happen by the end of 2008. Now again, thats my opinion, if Calax's opinion is that it wont be made till 2103 then he is fully entitled to his opinion, and I wont complain about that. What makes me upset is when he says "It WONT be coming till 2010" because there is really no way for him to know that.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Logic is on Calax's side

No, you are on his side. Logic dictates that since we have no information beyond speculation to base our theories on, it's anyones guess. We have equal reason to believe one way or the other.

I find it very hard to believe that LA wont be developing Kotor 3 till 2010 as stated before. I think, note the word THINK, it will happen by the end of 2008. Now again, thats my opinion, if Calax's opinion is that it wont be made till 2103 then he is fully entitled to his opinion, and I wont complain about that. What makes me upset is when he says "It WONT be coming till 2010" because there is really no way for him to know that.

Umm... no, Calax's opinion is more logical. These are two theories, and logic is sided with Calax's "side", because it is more logical, or should I say likely :p

K3 is a big project. We would atleast know that LA is developing SW based RPG. Some info about projects of this scope leaks always out.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Umm... no, Calax's opinion is more logical. These are two theories, and logic is sided with Calax's "side", because it is more logical, or should I say likely

K3 is a big project. We would atleast know that LA is developing SW based RPG. Some info about projects of this scope leaks always out.

Sorry, but logic isn't on his side. It's all guessing. Half-Life 2 was an infinitely bigger game than any of the KOTORs ever will be, and it was able to stay under wraps for years. 4 of them to be precise. So claiming that because KOTOR 3 "is a big project" means nothing.

The fact that you make all encompassing statements (use of the word always is typically a big no-no, and it definitely applies in your case) is also laughable.

Depending on what stage of development the game could be in, it's entirely possible that they are still deep in preproduction. I don't recall there ever being any news that a KOTOR 3 was in development, but there clearly was one, because Lucasarts commented during their restructuring that they let the in house team working on it go.

For the record, I don't think KOTOR 3 is in development. But it is all just guesses. Don't presume to know anything. And certainly don't make bogus claims that use absolute words like "always."

Edited by alanschu

Whatever :p

I guess that I was owned. Points to you :))

edit: I admit that I use word always too much, though it seems to come naturally, without thinking. Maybe I have way too big ego :ph34r:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I was trying to say that Valve has never been one to turn on a hype machine that will be in your face 24/7... LucasArts has. Also LucasArts seems to be flailing (and failing) to find a game that people will like that they can say "we've still got it!" (I'm not counting Lego Star Wars, and Empires At War was ultimatly an average game because while the space combat was good the ground combat sucked and the campaign map didn't reflect what could be done (you couldn't go from point a to point C bypassing planet B. you had to do it all in sequence))

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was trying to say that Valve has never been one to turn on a hype machine that will be in your face 24/7... LucasArts has. Also LucasArts seems to be flailing (and failing) to find a game that people will like that they can say "we've still got it!" (I'm not counting Lego Star Wars, and Empires At War was ultimatly an average game because while the space combat was good the ground combat sucked and the campaign map didn't reflect what could be done (you couldn't go from point a to point C bypassing planet B. you had to do it all in sequence))

I thought that Mercenaries was liked quite much. :huh:

Were you not around when Valve first announced Team Fortress 2?

I think if anything they just learned their lesson.

The thing is, Lucasarts already had a KOTOR 3 in development without us knowing about it. Unless I'm mistaken, the first news we heard about KOTOR 3 was that the team was laid off when Lucasarts went through its restructuring.

Btw, anyone have any ideas why they kicked K3's team? I mean, Kotor is LA's big title, wouldn't it be more wiser to kick some other teams working on more "minor" projects?

Any ideas?

Development would have just started, and therefore they would not have had much financial investment in it.

A different way of looking at it, would be that KOTOR 3 was likely still millions of dollars away from completion.

If they have other stuff that's already done, they won't have to put up as much money since they have already spent some of it.

Oh yeah, financial side

Duh, should've remembered :">

Well it's anyones guess. But I have a hard time believing that LA would decide to just ditch their biggest title like that, even if they did intend to pick it up later.

You guys could be on the right track here, but I still would not be surprised to hear them announce that we'll be seeing it sometime by the end of 2008. Again thats just my guess, but I dont see them waiting 6 years inbetween part 2 and part 3. It was one thing for Lucas to wait 30 years before throwing out the prequels, but it would have been suicide for him to do Episodes 4 and 5 and then decide to wait 30 years to do Return of the Jedi.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

I dont see them waiting 6 years inbetween part 2 and part 3. It was one thing for Lucas to wait 30 years before throwing out the prequels, but it would have been suicide for him to do Episodes 4 and 5 and then decide to wait 30 years to do Return of the Jedi.

Benjamin, bad comparisons. Bad comparisons, Benjamin. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And Freespace 3(bwaaahhhhh!!!! :()

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

More like the next FPS or license-adventure shooter.

kirottu said:

I've only read about half the ideas so far but i have to throw some of mine down.

Somthing I would like to see is have more challenging boss fights where strategy is needed to some degree. Like some team work between your party members.

Also some possibility to take your character you finished the game with and having extra stuff to do, or have the ability to start the game over with finished character so they can use all the cool stuff you got from the start maybe having the story change since you are strong the second go. like new game+ option.

I found there was little to do after getting all the final upgrades for light saber and armors in both games.

also LS DS options could be a little less extreme maybe they could trick us up with options you might think good intention but effects somthing else...

I like the hood idea people are wanting.

More character custimization would be nice.

Well it's anyones guess. But I have a hard time believing that LA would decide to just ditch their biggest title like that, even if they did intend to pick it up later.

You guys could be on the right track here, but I still would not be surprised to hear them announce that we'll be seeing it sometime by the end of 2008. Again thats just my guess, but I dont see them waiting 6 years inbetween part 2 and part 3. It was one thing for Lucas to wait 30 years before throwing out the prequels, but it would have been suicide for him to do Episodes 4 and 5 and then decide to wait 30 years to do Return of the Jedi.

If the company is in financial difficulties (which is usually the case when a company undergoes "restructuring) making a game that is going to cost millions of dollars is a very serious investment. As is concurrent development on multiple titles.

Besides, their biggest title is Battlefront. It was their best selling title of all time at one point, and it came out after KOTOR. The Battlefront series is easily their biggest SW video game property.

Edited by alanschu

It's just a concept video. I don't think there's even a game necessarily attached to it.

EDIT: Read the information on the right sidebar of the link you provided. They talk about it not being game footage of anything, but a prerendered video of a new series foray in the Star Wars universe.

Whatever it is, it's not KOTOR 3.

Edited by alanschu

It's just a concept video.  I don't think there's even a game necessarily attached to it.

EDIT:  Read the information on the right sidebar of the link you provided.  They talk about it not being game footage of anything, but a prerendered video of a new series foray in the Star Wars universe.

Whatever it is, it's not KOTOR 3.

to paraphrase the info on the site:

this appears to be the new look "goal that LA is going for in the possible next star wars games to be released. from the info on the page, this game/s will take place between rise of the sith and a new hope. If they even get a game to be half as good as the video, we are all in for a great time.

there is no info on what is being worked on now for this series, no title, or who is working on it. all that is mentioned is that this is what the new series is wanted to be like in play.

Back to topic, that being kotor3- it is upto lucas arts whether a kotor3 game will be made, not bio-ware, OE, or anyone else. sure, its pretty clear we would all like to see it be made, but untill george figures that out, nothing is going to happen.