KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

#5 For the love of a wookie, give me a fricken lightsaber from the start. I've had enough of playing for a hour or so before i can make one, or "earn" one.

#8 Please Please i never want to have to go to tattoine again...ever.

I love these two ideas lol

#9 Never never never never take us back to Nar-Shada or Telos for that matter.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

One thing that is crediable from that link s that merc 2 is coming out.

http://www.mercs2.com/game.php

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking??? WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH KOTOR?!?! lol

Ok not that big a deal, but seriously, this isnt the merc forum.

what pop said.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

One thing that is crediable from that link s that merc 2 is coming out.

http://www.mercs2.com/game.php

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking??? WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH KOTOR?!?! lol

Ok not that big a deal, but seriously, this isnt the merc forum.

what pop said.

Ahh, I follow you now. Sorry about that. :">

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Im probably gonna get some yelling from this, because I didnt read All the posts on this topic.

My wish/hopefull thinking list:

#1 Make KotOR3 like Neverwinternights 1, and soon to be 2, with a toolset that the players can make their own adventurs/mods with. Allow for free online multiplayer as well. Of course this will take away focus from the soloplay game/story, but well worth it in my little opinion.

#2 for the storyline of the game, give us more options than 1, or 2. Let us choose what race, sex, and what part of the galaxy we start from. Allow us to choose from multiple paths throughout the game, lightside, darkside, no-side whatever-side. sometimes playing bad is fun, just as playing good is, sometimes all we want is to go through making as much money as possible without either side being advanced.

#3 Allow us to go back to any and every place in the game and make it different each time we visit. (unless of course we blow the place to dust).

#4 let the player have full control over their interaction with the NPCs in the game. allow us to kill them, scare them, or ignore them.  Make the forcepoints reflect this.

#5 For the love of a wookie, give me a fricken lightsaber from the start. I've had enough of playing for a hour or so before i can make one, or "earn" one.

#6 give us complete party control. allow us to have more than 2 extras in the party. allow us to abandon any party member somewhere nasty when they upset us. and let us kill the ones we really hate.

#7 for the main story line, I dont want to be the exile, or the dark lord in disguise. let me make my own way and let my actions in the game earn me a reputation as I go. Maybe I just want to be known as "he's just this guy, you know"

#8 Please Please i never want to have to go to tattoine again...ever.

#9 please let me skip any minigame that pops up. I dont want to swooprace, or shoot turrets. Lightsabers are more fun. esp when playing as a jedi.

#10 let us pick what spaceship we can use, and lets us change it out as we go.

The people at Wookieepedia would have soooo much fun with some of those :)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

#1 no more amnesiac Jedi with dark past god dam please !!

#2 more species than human for main character.

#3 Idea about skills . can we earn them by finding ancient sith scroll or learn them from holocrons , or npc teaching because the way we get our skills is a litle stupid.

#4 be more acurate about the look like of the item example Exar kun armor or Ulic qel droma armor . they look so terrible ingame compare of the books huge medieval armor Bada ss style.

#5 change the battle system to jade empire one will require a litle more skills than abusing of the pause key.

#6 more chalenging game.

#7 custom swoop bike .

Aye, one thing you said mate, I REALLY hope that they dont write our characters history for us like they did the last two times. Both times we had a character that was already hated by some and loved by others. For once I would like to make the choises that determine who likes and dislikes my character rather then to have it all pre-written for me and thus limit me in several areas with choises made by my character that I would have never made personally.

So yeah, how about a little more control over our past, helps us influence our destiny that much more :blink:

benjamin1kn.jpg

Aye, one thing you said mate, I REALLY hope that they dont write our characters history for us like they did the last two times. Both times we had a character that was already hated by some and loved by others. For once I would like to make the choises that determine who likes and dislikes my character rather then to have it all pre-written for me and thus limit me in several areas with choises made by my character that I would have never made personally.

So yeah, how about a little more control over our past, helps us influence our destiny that much more  :p

i always liked the pre written storys becuase it always seemed more like a book or a movie to me but it would also be cool to write it ourselves.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Heh, too many decisions in games always makes my head hurt. But it does make a game feel a bit more immersive sometimes. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

To be honest, I don't think we'll see a KOTOR 3 for a while. Since we didn't hear anything regarding K3 at E3 this year, I think K3 won't be in the works for at least a couple years. IF LA or OE announces K3 next year, then you have to figure we won't see it until '08 at the earliest, and, if done right this time (i.e. delivering a finished product with a complete storyline and such) '09 or possibly even 2010 at the latest. And that's not even taking into account developing the game for an all new platform with an all new engine.

So, even though K3 may indeed be quietly in the works at LA (and by quietly I just mean developing the new story and characters and who the PC might be, not actually working on the game) or even here at OE, I just don't think we'll see it for 2-4 years. Maybe longer.

I'm betting on longer.

Yeah that's telling them.

Yeah what can a multi-billion corporation possibly do against that?

And heres something I forgot to mention. Think about this. Kotor 1 =2003

Kotor 2 = 2004 And now we're saying that Kotor 3 = 2010???

A few problems there. First off, theres no way it takes 6 years to make a game. Second, by the time we get to 2010, the generation that played Kotor 1 and 2 will be much older, some will be adults who dont have the time for these games. Now you've got a problem. Because now you bring out Kotor 3 and give it to a generation who has barely any knowledge of the first 2, its not gonna sell as well as to a Kotor hungery generation.

So yeah, I'm thinking we're looking at a 2007 release. Early 2008 at latest. And you can quote me on that.

benjamin1kn.jpg

A few problems there. First off, theres no way it takes 6 years to make a game. Second, by the time we get to 2010, the generation that played Kotor 1 and 2 will be much older, some will be adults who dont have the time for these games. Now you've got a problem. Because now you bring out Kotor 3 and give it to a generation who has barely any knowledge of the first 2, its not gonna sell as well as to a Kotor hungery generation.

So yeah, I'm thinking we're looking at a 2007 release. Early 2008 at latest. And you can quote me on that.

actually development process can take quite a while if your rebuilding the game. Look at half life and half life two.

The reason that K2 came out so quickly was twofold A) lucasarts want to capitalize on the success of Kotor 1 but Bioware had already moved to other projects and B) they used the EXACT SAME graphics engine meaning that about 60% of the harder stuff was done.

Just a tip, Don't expect sequels to be out in a year in ANY consistant fashion.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

actually development process can take quite a while if your rebuilding the game. Look at half life and half life two.

The reason that K2 came out so quickly was twofold A) lucasarts want to capitalize on the success of Kotor 1 but Bioware had already moved to other projects and B) they used the EXACT SAME graphics engine meaning that about 60% of the harder stuff was done.

*cough cough* Half life 2 *cough cough*

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well... at least we know they are not going to be rushing out KotOR 3 with the same graphics engine that  KotOR 1 had. :(

We hope

Edited by Revan1127

well i dont see any thing wrong with the first system of play although I personally like it. I dont know even if they are coming out with a Kotor III but none of the games these days are left to be not a trilogy. And also does anyone know the exact date that Kotor 3 will be coming out cause i think that it should at least have a trailer in E3 next year >.> if E3 still exists anymore. Also i think obsidan is working on mass effect so taht will turn up next year and That will be on 360 and from what i saw it looked rather good. So they probably already have a new system of graphics so it wont take long to convert it to a new platform cause they are technically working on it right now

well i dont see any thing wrong with the first system of play although  I personally like it. I dont know even if they are coming out with a Kotor III but none of the games these days are left to be not a trilogy. And also does anyone know the exact date that Kotor 3 will be coming out cause i think that it should at least have a trailer in E3 next year >.> if E3 still exists anymore. Also i think obsidan is working on mass effect so taht will turn up next year and That will be on 360 and from what i saw it looked rather good. So they probably already have a new system of graphics so it wont take long to convert it to a new platform cause they are technically working on it right now

You realize how DATED the current graphics engine looks?

K3 has not been confirmed as coming out at all. If it did it'd probably still be two or three years down the pike as they have done NO work on it at all.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

well i dont see any thing wrong with the first system of play although I personally like it. I dont know even if they are coming out with a Kotor III but none of the games these days are left to be not a trilogy. And also does anyone know the exact date that Kotor 3 will be coming out cause i think that it should at least have a trailer in E3 next year >.> if E3 still exists anymore. Also i think obsidan is working on mass effect so taht will turn up next year and That will be on 360 and from what i saw it looked rather good. So they probably already have a new system of graphics so it wont take long to convert it to a new platform cause they are technically working on it right now

Mass Effect is Bio's game :)

Oh, and current engine is too old even now. They'll (propably) have to code totally new engine for K3 too

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

You realize how DATED the current graphics engine looks?

K3 has not been confirmed as coming out at all. If it did it'd probably still be two or three years down the pike as they have done NO work on it at all.

In all fairness thats just your opinion. We dont know if there has been work done on it, you dont know that there hasnt. And you cant say "Well if there was work being done on it we'd know" as proof. So just for the sake of fairness, I'm correcting your statement o:)

Personally, I think the reason we havnt heard from LA about Kotor3 yet, is because it's going to be something alot bigger then anyone thinks. I think they're gonna do something that will define the Kotor series as the ultimate game in Star Wars history. Not to mention making it the biggest series to continue with for the future.

I think they're gonna do something in Kotor 3 that will allow them to continue on to make several more titles of the game. Maybe they'll do something where Revan gets transported into the waaaay future, or who knows what. But I think its gonna blow everyones socks off when it comes out, and I dont think Kotor 3 will be the last title in the Kotor series.

Edited by Benjamin Korr

benjamin1kn.jpg