KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

I mean this whole topic (and its 19 predecessors) are useless, moronic, space eating"discussion" full with half ass ideas.

Seriously, only good reason for existence of this topic is that all Kotor 3 "conversation" goes here, instead of flooding SW Universe section with "zomg, my k3 ideas, WHEN KOTOR 3 WILL COME OUT, I want kotor 3 now, IT WOULD BE COOL IF IN K3 THERE WOULD BE" kind of topics.

I mean, I hope that you understand that there is hundreds of pages suggestions and ideas for K3, and they all are totally useless. Obsidian Entertainment (which is propably designer of K3) will use their own ideas, plots and such for NON-EXISTANT(!!!!!) Kotor 3. Besides, 99 % of ideas are just bad, if not terrible.

Also, never trust fan opinions when designing sequel. That only leads to catastrophe.

Most of stuff I've seen in these topics are totally impossible to create, or just moronic (I WANT 25 PARTY MEMBERS!!!!! AND MULTIPLAYER!!!!) otherwise.

And I hope that no one really expects for some poor designer to read all these messages and then tell these "ideas" for other dev. members who then starts to make the game based on what fans want. :thumbsup:

Fans nearly NEVER knows what should be done.

That's why I asked from every single ideafactory that aren't they bored allready, as these topics are totally useless and stupid.

If Kotor 3 will be done, it is not going to use any fan ideas. Developers has experience and skill to make good games even without fan "upgrades".

Oh, and nothing personal for you two. You are ones of the minority who really has good ideas and not wacko stupidness as most (well at least I believe so by the way you write, they are not like "I WANT IT ANDZ THAT " kind of messages. :)

However, nonetheless, it is still useless. Speculating is fun, but when it has gone on for over hundred pages, it is not fun anymore. Just sad really

*Warning unhealthy levels of sacrasm to follow*

As far as the Dev's taking on board the ideas of this thread, I was under the impression that the reason it was called "ideas and suggestions" was that all the possible Dev's would read through the 20 pages of this thread (something I didn't even do) as well as the 20 or so pages on every other KOTOR 3 speculation thread throughout this forum, and take every idea, including those about wielding octuple lightsabers with glowing pink adjustable blades against 100 or so of your own party members, and implement them immediately into the KOTOR 3 game that they don't even know they'll be the developer for yet. I also think that ideas like making the entire KOTOR series like tenchu are great, I mean it's completely feasible to turn an RPG with a turned based combat system into a first person "slicer" without inherently ruining an incredible series.

Ok... Now that that's over.

Of course I have no delsuions regarding the implementation of any ideas I've stated throughout this thread inparticular, and I definately don't believe that any developer worth his crystal game pad would waste time reading through all the useless and redundant material on this thread for that iota of information that

1. He/She didn't find completely idiotic

2. Found to be implementable in any practical manner

3. Even liked as an idea

4. Was continuous with all the other development they've already completed, provided they weren't still in the preliminary stage of development when they came here for "insight"

5. Found to be worth the time and stuffing around just to please popular opinion.

Unfortunately, I doubt that KOTOR 3 will even be out within the next couple of years, providing it comes out at all.

That's why speculating on this thread is so fun, it allows you to present what you think would be a good kotor 3 without any flaming ramifications from everyone, because everything concerning the game is completely up in the air. About 90% of what I say in any thread is completely in jest, or at least without any hopes for the future. I thought my idea was something that'd be pretty cool, and I didn't like some of the ideas already presented (no offense to anyone inparticular, some ideas were great) so I thought I'd offer a "fresh" viewpoint and see if anyone else had similar ideas. To be honest, I'd say alot of my ideas, especially storywise, would be amongst the most unlikely to be seen in the new K3, just too much time needed to implement them. Other "problems", I'm sure the Dev's already know about... things like updating the saber forms system were probably already on Obsidian's mind when they ran out of time. Don't forget, many Dev's are gamers too.

And now that the "#20" is off the thread title, newbies have quite different view of this thread.

*scratches head*

The numerical version number is underneath the top header, as it was for the last one. If you think that's a serious confusion issue, I can put it in as part of the top header.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm, yeah. I didn't really notice.

Thanks, but no need.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Im pretty sure in KOTOR: 3 your going to get to choose to play as the exile or reven. One things for sure (based upon the tomb on korriban and kreia) reven left for the outer rim to "fight the true sith enemy" and according to kreia T3 is going to take you there as well. Kreia also says you and reven MIGHT even fight at the end of the conflict (also supported by korriban temple). She talks about a sith empire hiding in the shadows. So we know a few things about k3 already.

1) Exile and Reven will meet up

2) They will likely later in the game fight each other

3) HK 47 will get from the ebon hawk to mustafar ( where he is found in star wars galaxies thousands of years later).

4. They will fight a sith empire which is the true sith enemy.

Edited by Ghostvirus

I think it is highly likely that the events of 'The Exile' and Revan in the outer rim would only be mentioned in dialogue or not mentioned at all.

It is far too complex and nonsenical thread to follow, when there is practically hundreds of other options to take.

The problem with Xard's opinion(hah) is that there's a heckload of incoming K2 fans that just played the game recently. They haven't read the thread before so ideas tend to revolve around the same thing. And now that the "#20" is off the thread title, newbies have quite different view of this thread.

That's good point.

As far as the Dev's taking on board the ideas of this thread, I was under the impression that the reason it was called "ideas and suggestions" was that all the possible Dev's would read through the 20 pages of this thread (something I didn't even do) as well as the 20 or so pages on every other KOTOR 3 speculation thread throughout this forum, and take every idea, including those about wielding octuple lightsabers with glowing pink adjustable blades against  100 or so of your own party members, and implement them immediately into the KOTOR 3 game that they don't even know they'll be the developer for yet. I also think that ideas like making the entire KOTOR series like tenchu are great, I mean it's completely feasible to turn an  RPG with a turned based combat system into a first person "slicer" without inherently ruining an incredible series.

Apparently, many thinks like that, and without sarcasm :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Apparently, MasterJediConsularface can be very poignant when he tries.

I agree.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I think it is an atempt to depress others to say something like "why try?" :huh:

There was also a mention that Obsidian (or who ever makes KotOR 3) would not look at what fans have to say. <_<

Well, to this I say... :p

If a developer never looks at what his fans have to say you get crazy things like bad storys, bad game play, etc,. The reason is quite simple, it is ment for someone, it is expected to be handed over as a done product that is of value. If you never look to see if it is valuble to the end user, you NEVER know if it is what people want. This is why many marketing guys in the world deserve to be fired. He sits in an office and tries to "dream up" what is going to get peoples attention. You NEVER DO THAT!!!!! You find out what people want, then what you can make. Then you don't have to dream up much of anything, because you now KNOW!

And if they pay us no attention they get this :) as well as statements like "God that @#$%@ they completly #$&@up the... they should be shot!" Not to mention getting fired.

But anyway, do also keep in mind that KotOR is a popular subject and people may just want to "get it out".

Edited by James Dunn

There's this thing called "designers" who belong to an exalted group called "developers" or commonly "devs", who are there to make sure it's not complete ****. Fan input is optional, not vital.

kirottu said:

Hay, guys,

I saw this on LucasArts web site:

KOTOR Goes Platinum!

LucasArts is pleased to announce Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has been inducted into the Microsoft Platinum Hits Series and is available now! KOTOR was the winner of over 40 'Game of the Year' awards in 2003 and offers hours of immersive, action-packed Star Wars role-playing entertainment, now for under $20!

Please notice the part about "KOTOR was the winner of over 40 'Game of the Year' awards in 2003"

Edited by James Dunn

Apparently, MasterJediConsularface can be very poignant when he tries.

I agree.

Thanks alot Musopticon?,

Good to know that I haven't lost all my eloquence :D

But then again, a great man once said: the most powerful, convincing and thought provoking arguments are always put forth in the form of......

Smilies :D :D :D :D

Subtle, eh?

Edited by MasterJediConsular

There is a video at Youtube.com called "star wars secrets 2007"... Looks like black market design info on the upcoming game. But it looks like what it claims to be just at a very early stage.

Looks like it is not going to be the next KotOR by what I saw.

Edited by James Dunn

No, it is not worked on <_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Is it being worked on? I have herd how it was picked up but never started by different developers.

And don't forget, it was just addvice...

LA fired the original people working on it.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

here is an artice about not sure if it is the originial

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/13/news_6104775.html

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

How can lucas arts cancle one of the msot if not the most anticipated game that all the fans are working on. Making KOTOR3 would result in gold in done like the other two but with a few updates and certainly would not make things worse for the company. I hope that lucas arts only cancled the team so they could get a more talented team becauce the whole world is waiting for KOTOR3.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

How can lucas arts cancle one of the msot if not the most anticipated game that all the fans are working on. Making KOTOR3 would result in gold in done like the other two but with a few updates and certainly would not make things worse for the company. I hope that lucas arts only cancled the team so they could get a more talented team becauce the whole world is waiting for KOTOR3.

At the time, october-november 2004, LA was in financial trouble and had to cut back on alot different projects such as KotOR 3.

But, KotOR sold 2 million and KotOR 2 sold 1.5 million, so there shouldn't be any financial reason of NOT making a third one of the series. Revenge of the Sith, Lego Star Wars, Battlefront and merceneries were all >1 million sellers, so LA shouldn't be in a financial trouble right now either.

What i am trying to say is, i have no clue on why KotOR 3 haven't been announced :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

From what I know about games, if you sell over a million you are conidered to have won out in the gaming world.

By the attention that "Star Wars 2007" is getting I had the idea that it was what was getting the attention of Lucas Arts and is why KotOR 3 is quiet.

Edited by James Dunn

I hope that someone is developing the game, whether or not its being done in quiet or openly. I have seen many games disappear in the past, only to return years later, slightly different. SSI's gold box series, starting off in Pool of Radiance comes to mind. Years later Pools of Radiance is released. Not the same game or system by far, but done well(at least, I enjoyed it).

As far as things that I would like to see in KOTOR3(and yes, 1 & 2 were popular games, selling many copies, so I expect that 3 will come in time):

I like alot of what I have read by other posts. I personally like the system as it is, dont wish to see it moved into a real-time or first person perspective game. I like the ideas of different cloak choices, hooded or not, different colors/styles available during play. Not quite sure about how customized they can become, but you could choose some color/style at character creation, when you create the sex, body types, heads, etc.

Choice of race for the main character, within reason. I dont really want a ewok character, but Humans, Cereans, Sullustans, Twi'Leks, are some options. Heck, maybe even Miraluka to stretch things, if wanted.

The size of the galaxy is important as well. Someone in another post mentioned the ability of traveling to different locales on the same world, which is a good thought. I.E, Mos Eisley and Anchorhead on Tatooine. But everyone likes the options to change the game as they move along. I would like a high number of worlds to go to. Tatooine, Nal Hutta, Kiosk, Coruscant, Alderan, Dantooine, Sullust, Yavin, the more the better, especially if there is a chance to change the outcome of the game of options during the game if the ending is limited to 2-3 last stage outcomes.

I like the Ebon Hawk, but would be well suited to see more ship choices. Perhaps starting the game off in a tiny ship, and having the ability to upgrade to a small or medium sized vessel as you progress. Maybe you need to upgrade the size of your vessel before you attain too many followers. Sure, 2 or 3 may work on a tiny ship, but you would need a small or medium ship before you got a dozen.

I like the idea of Reputation. As you start the game, you arent well known, but as you progress, your reputation can proceed you. I also like the ability to gain influence with your followers, leading them down the paths of the LS or DS. In KOTOR 1, your influence didnt really reflect as much as in 2.

As for LS/DS powers you are able to choose/learn as time goes on. Luke Skywalker basically started off in Ep4 as a Force Adept, he didnt really receive much training from Obi-wan, but did eventually reach padawan level training and so forth, reaching Jedi Knight by the time he got to Tatooine during Ep6. He had learned the abilities of the Force as he progressed, and did call upon the DS from time to time. He used Force Grip on the Gammoreans inside Jabba's Palace. He was LS(or so we are lead to believe), but his attitude depicted somewhat of a neutral standing character. Anyone that has played has learned that Force Storm is useful, but for a LS character, it should be harder to call upon, or inflict less damage then a DS character.

I like the relationship aspect myself. The chance to fall in love or have others fall for you as the adventure progresses. It goes against the Jedi Code, in which "There is no emotion", but few followed the code strictly, and the games are a reflection of that. I liked falling in love with Bastila in 1, and the Handmaiden/Vistas in 2 had different relation outcomes, which is fine. Or Atton and whomever if you chose to play as a female.

Given that the galaxy is a large place, filled with millions, I would like to see different follower options. Perhaps the ability to dismiss group members, if they arent an essential part to whatever plot is planned. Having 9 or so is fine, but maybe allowing you to recruit different people on different planets or cities, and if you dont like Atton, because he whines so much, you can always dismiss him from your group and find another to replace him.

Per earlier in travel options, extra worlds to travel to, that are not essential to the completion of the game would be nice. You could go to Nar Shadaa if you wish, but going there is not required to finish the game. If you choose to go anyways, there are little missions, mini-quests for experience or treasure, but overall its not essential to the outcome.

As far as becoming a Sith/Jedi goes, if you choose not to become a force user by the end of the game, its an option, but ultimately, the big/bad is going to be a pain to kill or convert. I liked the thought of starting off the game at a Sith or Jedi Temple, but am not opposed to starting off as a Fringer, Scout or Noble.

If the game plans to come to the PC and Xbox360, we have Harddrives on both. I'm all for a large expansion to this installment. Make it a partial install, on 2 DVD's for either system. I've always preferred games that take longer then 1 week of playing to complete. Quality is preferred to quantity of course. As long as the storyline and RP aspect are good, I have little problem. Adaptive storyline to how we accomplish our tasks, fullfill our missions, would be a plus. If events are altered slightly because we went to Coruscant or Korriban first, if we choose to fall in love with Bastila or T3, maybe the outcomes would change to some degree.

Does the game continue the saga from 1&2, or does 3 preceed the others? As long as the developers make it a game of equal proportions, I'm game. I'm even up for a Saga or Trilogy from a different era, set in the same play style as KOTOR. Give us a similiar game set in the era of the Vong invasion.

On a last note: I'm not very programmer litterate, not quite sure what can and cant be done these days. But once upon a time, there was a game called Dungeon Master, which started on the Atari ST computer system. Fairly large game, played in Real-time, 3rd person perspective. A dungeon-crawler. Decent graphics, good play, and all packed on a 3.5" floppy. What point is the DVD, if it isnt used for its full capabilities?

Markaela