KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Have all you guys checked out the Star Wars 2007 video? (If not you can check it out at Youtube.com, just serch for "star wars 2007"

It rocks!!  (w00t)  If you have not, you need to!

Those powers are what I am talking about. While there is no news that I know of that the game in the vid will be the next KotOR. It will bring us closer to the force. It will be welcome.  :D

That's some crazy S*** (w00t)

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

Have all you guys checked out the Star Wars 2007 video? (If not you can check it out at Youtube.com, just serch for "star wars 2007"

Those powers are what I am talking about. While there is no news that I know of that the game in the vid will be the next KotOR. It will bring us closer to the force. It will be welcome.  :D

it's called the force unleashed.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

No, it's called fan-made.... <_<

Hey guys, first post.

I only read the first 10 or so pages so forgive me if I repeat anything.

What I'd like to see in Kotor 3..

Storywise:

Unlike most people I'd probably be more inclined to have Revan back as my PC than a new character, given the choice.

Ideally, I'd like to play as a new character fighting against the sith/jedi (personal campaign, or as a soldier I don't really care) who meets up with the exile "coincidentally", and makes a decision to join in his quest (find revan/ destroy all jedi). What'd be great then, is if your original character gets integrated into the exiles party and you continue the quest as the exile. You could select the features, class etc of the exile at the start of the game the same way as you would your normal PC. Then playing as the exile you complete your quest of finding Revan, and after speaking with him decide either to join his campaign (LS) or kill him (DS). If you choose to play as Revan, both the exile and your original PC become integrated as party members. This way the three pivotal KOTOR characters would all be involved in the final battle and I think it could give the 'final' game a real epic feel to it.

The exile and revan would start at high levels with a player chosen skill-set, but the enemies would be significantly stronger so that your previous PC doesn't overshadow the leader. Continuity wise, the sex and features of revan and the exile have been determined at the beginning of the game, and, as the original PC is not from the beginning trying to track down Revan or the exile, DS or LS quests and character histories can be determined by the way the gamer plays the game up until the introduction of the exile.

Theoretically this means that you could play in 2 or 3 completely different 'sub' games without sacrificing continuity, and possibly even play 2 or 3 different LS/DS configurations throughout the game.

Wishful thinking definately, also a LOT of work for developers. That's just my ideal storyline. Also a scenario that provides definite closure IMHO;)

I also think the Hawk's idea would great as a means of tying up any continuity problems, no matter what the dev's decide to do storywise.

Gameplay stuff:

Lightsaber forms: Great concept, but pretty poor execution. I'd love for there to be obvious visual distinctions between styles when they're enacted, not just a difference in the rolls, saves etc. In K2 I sometimes wasn't even sure I'd activated them;).

Influence: Also an excellent idea, I think it could use further developing though. More opportunities to gain or lose influence would be welcome as it can become very difficult to get the full benefit from every character otherwise (no trouble getting anything from anyone but HK in K2, could'nt bring myself to do that extra bit of evil:)). Like others have said, a more profound impact from the loss or gain of influence, and an overall more realistic approach to the incfluence concept socially speaking. I'd love to screw with people's heads (hey Visas Kreia's been watchin you awfully closely lately don't you think?) or (hey Atton, anyone ever told you you walk kinda funny?). How great would it be if his movement style changed after that?

Attributes: This really started to p*ss me off at times. When an item is equipped that increases one's attributes, it should allow another item to be equipped that is dependent on the attribite increased by the former. I.E. If I need so much constitution or whatever to wear a skills package and I have so and so item which increases my constitution, then logically, I should damn well be able to equip it. It's not difficult, just have the game unequip both items if you uneqiuip the independent.

Powers: I'd definately like to see more powers, but there's only so far one can go without making it all seem kind of ridiculous. Also, though I disagree that LS jedi shouldn't be allowed to wield DS powers (after all its a morality thing not ability related), but maybe something like a 0.1% increase in DS points everytime an inherently DS power is used (ie. force push wouldn't be inherently evil, but force kill which is basically be an extension of the basic ability should have a morally detrimental effect on the player).

Planets:

I'd love to see Bakura, don't know what would be there but it's far out from galactic center so its a possibility.

Centerpoint station, not a planet but I'm pretty sure that they made mention of the fact that it may even have preceeded the advent of the old republic.

There was a planet in one of the Zahn books I think, can't really remember that I think would really be a great addition visually speaking, (something about the buildings of the city being made completely of crystal) but I think it would probably just have to be a trading stop or something as I don't recall that much that was useful there:).

Alderaan. Who cares why, just do it.

Coruscant: "The entire planet is one big city". Sounds good enough to be added to me. Don't know what was there 4000 years before the Empire though.

Correlia would be a nice addition, in fact, and of the planets in that area would be relevant editions (Talus, Tralus, Drall, Selonia), as I think they're almost in the unkown regions, and it'd be cool to link them back to the Rakata from KOTOR1.

Other than that, new world's, and heaps of them.

Bad Guys:

Evil, unuterrably inherently evil and not easy as to beat after all the hype (Nihilus, Sion, Kreia I'm looking at you guys).

Better AI, bad guys that really want to keep on breathing, have them run away, hide, all that stuff, cling onto stuff, all that jazz.(I read somewhere they're already pretty far along with this sort of stuff). Realistic battle damage: diminshing ability to fight after multiple wounds etc.

Not much ask huh guys?? Anyway, just my wish list at the moment. (and that's just the beginning).

Edited by MasterJediConsular

That wasn't fan made.

That wasn't fan made.

It is a trailer for a PS3 game, and i dont have that so i dont care. It will be made for PC sooner or later, and I am also not worrying that it is the KOTOR3 episode BECOUSE it would been named like that then. (KOTOR name brings attention)

An other matter why it's NOT kotor3 is: Those are stormtroopers. The games era is the timeframe after Episode 3.

IB1OsQq.png

Hey guys, first post.

I only read the first 10 or so pages so forgive me if I repeat anything.

What I'd like to see in Kotor 3..

Storywise:

Unlike most people I'd probably be more inclined to have Revan back as my PC than a new character, given the choice.

Ideally, I'd like to play as a new character fighting against the sith/jedi (personal campaign, or as a soldier I don't really care) who meets up with the exile "coincidentally", and makes a decision to join in his quest (find revan/ destroy all jedi). What'd be great then, is if your original character gets integrated into the exiles party and you continue the quest as the exile. You could select the features, class etc of the exile at the start of the game the same way as you would your normal PC. Then playing as the exile you complete your quest of finding Revan, and after speaking with him decide either to join his campaign (LS) or kill him (DS). If you choose to play as Revan, both the exile and your original PC become integrated as party members. This way the three pivotal KOTOR characters would all be involved in the final battle and I think it could give the 'final' game a real epic feel to it.

The exile and revan would start at high levels with a player chosen skill-set, but the enemies would be significantly stronger so that your previous PC doesn't overshadow the leader. Continuity wise, the sex and features of revan and the exile have been determined at the beginning of the game, and, as the original PC is not from the beginning trying to track down Revan or the exile, DS or LS quests and character histories can be determined by the way the gamer plays the game up until the introduction of the exile.

Theoretically this means that you could play in 2 or 3 completely different 'sub' games without sacrificing continuity, and possibly even play 2 or 3 different LS/DS configurations throughout the game.

Wishful thinking definately, also a LOT of work for developers. That's just my ideal storyline. Also a scenario that provides definite closure IMHO;)

I also think the Hawk's idea would great as a means of tying up any continuity problems, no matter what the dev's decide to do storywise.

Gameplay stuff:

Lightsaber forms: Great concept, but pretty poor execution. I'd love for there to be obvious visual distinctions between styles when they're enacted, not just a difference in the rolls, saves etc. In K2 I sometimes  wasn't even sure I'd activated them;).

Influence: Also an excellent idea, I think it could use further developing though. More opportunities to gain or lose influence would be welcome as it can become very difficult to get the full benefit from every character otherwise (no trouble getting anything from anyone but HK in K2, could'nt bring myself to do that extra bit of evil:)). Like others have said, a more profound impact from the loss or gain of influence, and an overall more realistic approach to the incfluence concept socially speaking. I'd love to screw with people's heads (hey Visas Kreia's been watchin you awfully closely lately don't you think?) or (hey Atton, anyone ever told you you walk kinda funny?). How great would it be if his movement style changed after that?

Attributes: This really started to p*ss me off at times. When an item is equipped that increases one's attributes, it should allow another item to be equipped that is dependent on the attribite increased by the former. I.E. If I need so much constitution or whatever to wear a skills package and I have so and so item which increases my constitution, then logically, I should damn well be able to equip it. It's not difficult, just have the game unequip both items if you uneqiuip the independent.

Powers: I'd definately like to see more powers, but there's only so far one can go without making it all seem kind of ridiculous. Also, though I disagree that LS jedi shouldn't be allowed to wield DS powers (after all its a morality thing not ability related), but maybe something like a 0.1% increase in DS points everytime an inherently DS power is used (ie. force push wouldn't be inherently evil, but force kill which is basically be an extension of the basic ability should have a morally detrimental effect on the player).

Planets:

I'd love to see Bakura, don't know what would be there but it's far out from galactic center so its a possibility.

Centerpoint station, not a planet but I'm pretty sure that they made mention of the fact that it may even have preceeded the advent of the old republic.

There was a planet in one of the Zahn books I think, can't really remember that I think would really be a great addition visually speaking, (something about the buildings of the city being made completely of crystal) but I think it would probably just have to be a trading stop or something as I don't recall that much that was useful there:).

Alderaan. Who cares why, just do it.

Coruscant: "The entire planet is one big city". Sounds good enough to be added to me. Don't know what was there 4000 years before the Empire though.

Correlia would be a nice addition, in fact, and of the planets in that area would be relevant editions (Talus, Tralus, Drall, Selonia), as I think they're almost in the unkown regions, and it'd be cool to link them back to the Rakata from KOTOR1.

Other than that, new world's, and heaps of them.

Bad Guys:

Evil, unuterrably inherently evil and not easy as to beat after all the hype (Nihilus, Sion, Kreia I'm looking at you guys).

Better AI, bad guys that really want to keep on breathing, have them run away, hide, all that stuff, cling onto stuff, all that jazz.(I read somewhere they're already pretty far along with this sort of stuff). Realistic battle damage: diminshing ability to fight after multiple wounds etc.

Not much ask huh guys?? Anyway, just my wish list at the moment. (and that's just the beginning).

I like the sound of it but as you said it may be hard for the devoplers.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

The video I mentioned (star wars 2007) was not "fan made" - I saw that you meant the KotOR 3 video so you are forgiven. <_<

It was made over a year ago as a demo reel to build exitment in Lucas Arts and ILM, and the sample was so good that it was later given the okay to be publicy made avalible. At the time it was made it was just about all manufacterd. :( (There was no game, it was made as a demonstration of what could be done for a future game) But it hit the spot. And like the artist with a dream he got others to see the light. o:)

Now It has been truned over to the geeks to make it happen. :geek::wub: At E3 2006 a small demo game was made that gave people the ability to play a game that does most of what you see in the video - glass shatter, storm troopers grasping for their lives, walls bending from the impacts, etc. :)

What game they make it into is anyones guess. o:)

Edited by James Dunn

To: MasterJediConsler (your artical is little too big to quite)

Nice man! I like your ideas. :cool:

I realy liked your comment on "mess with their heads" and would love to see Atton's new walk! o:)

Your right about the force powers "only going so far" but do not forget that we are seeing only a small fraction of these powers put to the limited uses you see in the game.

There are plenty of ways they can be put to use that we would all love to see. :geek: Ways that would put you even more into the drivers seat of the force. :wub:

And a big yes to more worlds!!

You said alot more that I also liked but I will not comment on as you had alot, just know you had alot of good stuff in there.

Thanks you for your ideas. I would like to see a game with them implemented. :)

---Added Later----

I had an idea. They could start you out on Coruscant in an academy- to learn how to play.

Then have you save the Republic by visiting the planets you mentioned you wanted to see (we all do) and stablizing the Republics hold -Sign a treaty with the Republic, light side or kill for the leaders so they will not oppose the Republic, dark side. this will save the Republic ether way. And they can do this as apart of the starter levels -like Taris or Perogus.

And for the main parts of the game you can go past the outer rim and join Revan and the Exite and face the "big threat".

Edited by James Dunn

Sorry, I only just read the end of that post.

I think that'd be a great idea, beginning at galactic center and working your way to the outer rim. That way, you'd be able to work your way outwards as you save the republic, to when you come across the real threat. Although there'd probably have to be a more sinsister approach to saving the republic, so that you'd please all the DSers out there.

In any case, it seems that just for the sake of continuity the republic would have to be saved for the quest to continue.

Also with all the different scenarios involved in having the PC change, different personalities could be worked into the game for each new PC, which would add greater depth and realism to the game.

Revan's dialogue options would probably tend to sound more dramatic and heroic (LS) than the others as he has been exposed to that sort of 'epic' war torn battle for good and evil longer, and on an even greater scale to the exile. The exile's dialogue options could be more brooding, although he would have to be equally as charismatic as Revan, he could have a more humbling confidence sort of feel about him. The newest PC could be whatever the Dev's want, but curiosity would probably have to be one of his personality traits :p. The overall personalities could be better distinguished with 3 PC's having a complete background and different "in use" dialogue styles and options, and the whole DS lure thing could be demonstrated really well, with certain PC's being shown as more vulnerable to the lure of the dark side than others.

And Revan1127, it's definately a lot of work for the Dev's storywise, but I think a lot of the gameplay flaws could be resolved with just a little bit of extra time. Many don't seem to be inherently difficult to iron out (the attribites relating to item equipping for instance) just time consuming.

I guess that's what it always come down to isn't it? Time and money.

Yeah that'd be good. It's be feasible as a LS/DS power, even though I think force immunty was a LS power in K2. They'd probably scrap that power or make it the first step instead of the second as absorb would logically be an extension of that power. E.G.

Force immunity (less force damage) --> Force absorb (some damage is turned into Force points) --> Force reflect (damage is immediately reflected in the form of a combat power).

You guys won't get bored to this ever? ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I mean this whole topic (and its 19 predecessors) are useless, moronic, space eating"discussion" full with half ass ideas.

Seriously, only good reason for existence of this topic is that all Kotor 3 "conversation" goes here, instead of flooding SW Universe section with "zomg, my k3 ideas, WHEN KOTOR 3 WILL COME OUT, I want kotor 3 now, IT WOULD BE COOL IF IN K3 THERE WOULD BE" kind of topics.

I mean, I hope that you understand that there is hundreds of pages suggestions and ideas for K3, and they all are totally useless. Obsidian Entertainment (which is propably designer of K3) will use their own ideas, plots and such for NON-EXISTANT(!!!!!) Kotor 3. Besides, 99 % of ideas are just bad, if not terrible.

Also, never trust fan opinions when designing sequel. That only leads to catastrophe.

Most of stuff I've seen in these topics are totally impossible to create, or just moronic (I WANT 25 PARTY MEMBERS!!!!! AND MULTIPLAYER!!!!) otherwise.

And I hope that no one really expects for some poor designer to read all these messages and then tell these "ideas" for other dev. members who then starts to make the game based on what fans want. :rolleyes:

Fans nearly NEVER knows what should be done.

That's why I asked from every single ideafactory that aren't they bored allready, as these topics are totally useless and stupid.

If Kotor 3 will be done, it is not going to use any fan ideas. Developers has experience and skill to make good games even without fan "upgrades".

Oh, and nothing personal for you two. You are ones of the minority who really has good ideas and not wacko stupidness as most (well at least I believe so by the way you write, they are not like "I WANT IT ANDZ THAT " kind of messages. :)

However, nonetheless, it is still useless. Speculating is fun, but when it has gone on for over hundred pages, it is not fun anymore. Just sad really

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The problem with Xard's opinion(hah) is that there's a heckload of incoming K2 fans that just played the game recently. They haven't read the thread before so ideas tend to revolve around the same thing. And now that the "#20" is off the thread title, newbies have quite different view of this thread.

On the other hand though, posting story ideas is just lame and useless. Devs will never read them no matter how good they are.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If Kotor 3 will be done, it is not going to use any fan ideas. Developers has experience and skill to make good games even without fan "upgrades".

I'm not sure all is the appropiate to word to use. Since if Obsidian wants a hit, they've got to listen to the fans on somethings. But only basic things like more force powers, mroe characterization, etc.