KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Have not added much to this topic. However, for K3, quests would need to have some kind of complexity and where subquests can further expand story. Not like in K2, an example where having to rescue Batono from Czerka's spies was simplistically put. Batono was almost like a blind believer when my character said to him that I was a Jedi before in terms of protecting him and immediately just rushed out of the room. If there was a subquest requiring some show of faith in Batono being able to believe that a Jedi could protect him, it would have further extended rescue plot.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Have not added much to this topic. However, for K3, quests would need to have some kind of complexity and where subquests can further expand story. Not like in K2, an example where having to rescue Batono from Czerka's spies was simplistically put. Batono was almost like a blind believer when my character said to him that I was a Jedi before in terms of protecting him and immediately just rushed out of the room. If there was a subquest requiring some show of faith in Batono being able to believe that a Jedi could protect him, it would have further extended rescue plot.

I agree in k2 there was alot missions you could nott complete

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

I think between Kotor 1 and 2 they have been some evolution concerning the perception of the light side when you done good deeds it weaken the person you helped and that could even bring harmed to him(on nar shaddaa).I think it should be more present in kotor 3, which will bring the grey option where you don't act to harm anybody.

This little piece here is intended as something we would see in a drawn out teaser-trailer of the game, months before it was released. Any feedback would be appreciated.

<Somber music.> The LucasArts logo appears, which quickly fades into a black screen, with blue letters reading "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." After 1 second, the screen fades to black.

Camera fades into a dark ship hull, lit only by various computer monitors, shimmering hues of blue and green across the dark insides of the Ebon Hawk. In the central corridor of the Ebon Hawk stands a young woman dressed in tattered Jedi robes. Her brown hair is in a messy pony-tail. Next to her is a figure, slightly taller than her, dressed in all black. Their backs are towards the camera and they are both looking down upon the computer in front of them.

VO [Deep and commanding voice, said right after the "long long time ago" words disappeared.]: I knew you'd come for me. Everything counted on that. And, now that you're ready, it can finally be done. You will soon see why only we can do this--and why everyone we cared for must far from here. We have the power to finish this.

VO [soft, female voice, clearly unsure with her words]: Finish what?

Camera cuts to show the two figures' faces, the woman looking up at the man. The camera zooms on to the man in the dark robes--he removes his cowl to reveal a grim, warrior's face. He looks at her.

<The music comes to a climatic silence.>

VO [same male voice as heard before, said with rigid determination.]: The War.

<Still no music, only silence.>

The screen fades from the face of Revan to blackness.

<A light choir of voices starts up.>

VO [The Exile; her words are still soft, but now there's a note of pessimism, maybe even contempt.]: Treachery is the way of the Sith. She taught me this well: peace is a lie.

VO [Revan]: And that is why we will win.

<Music starts up again, much more fast paced and action oriented, but with a tone of sadness in the background. This drowns out the choir voices.>

Cut to Bastila sprinting across a Rakatan beach, towards the Rakatan temple, where Mission, Zalbaar, and Juhani stand.

VO [bastila, nearly screaming from excitement]: A message! We've got a message! Well, sort of a message, but it's him, it *must* be him!

<Music becomes faster.>

Cut to a crew which includes Juhani, Jolee, Carth, Bastila, Zalbaar, and Mission boarding a Republic Freighter on a Telosian base.

VO [Carth, confused]: These look like defense points.

VO [Jolee]: Well what are we waiting for? Don't act like you don't know what this is, sonny; it's time to act.

The doors close and the freighter takes off into space.

Cut to the Mandalorian base on Dxun, with Canderous Ordo, Mandalore, looking upon nearly 3,000 Mandalorian troopers, directly in front of him, all arranged in perfect formations and battalions. The camera pans over the vast amount of troopers.

VO [Revan]: I've always been prepared. It's time to act on these preparations. And if we do things right, maybe we live.

Cut to a small room--gray in color. It's obvious it's used as a hideout, maybe on Nar Shada. Inside stands Atton, arms crossed in front of him, and sits Mira, Visas, Mical, and Atris.

VO [Atton]: So? I still think it's a trap. I'll all for recklessness, but this may be suicide, and don't we have an order to maintain?

VO [Visas, contemplative]: No.. it is her. She wants us to go there. I .. feel it through the Force, we must go there now. Time is not on our side.

<Music quickens even more. Loud, pounding drum beats signal every new scene that will take place.>

Cut to a ferocious space battle between thousands of Republic snub fighters, battle cruisers and corvettes versus an unknown ship design. A sea of red and green lasercannon fire fills the space between the two armadas. Utter chaos fills the screen.

Cut to an intense fight between Revan, the Exile and an unknown opponent, in close-quarters combat. The scene is too fast for the audience to see anything but a blur of Red and Blue lightsaber streaks.

Cut to Bastila preforming a high back flip over three fighter driods, and simultaneously cutting them in two with one end of her yellow lightsaber.

Cut to a large battlefield, showcasing several thousand Mandalorian troopers charging towards a temple, with an innumerable enemy dressed in deep-purple armor guarding it.

Cut to a scene that shows Atton's strained face. He's in a dark room, but a blue illumination covers his face. The camera falls back to see his outstretched palms capturing Force Lightning. His fingers curl and his wrists bend in an attempt to deflect it from his body. Where there was once courage, fear begins to show in his eyes.

Cut to blackness.

<Music stops.>

VO [Revan:] Sometimes you can't plan everything..

VO [bastila, snarling]: With HER? What about us? What about our bond? Is that nothing to you now?

<Light Jedi-themed music returns.>

Cut to a small, green alien, standing on a pedestal.

VO [Vandar, yelling]: Our last stand, this is. Tonight decides whether the Jedi will live or fall. Place your faith in the Force. And may it be with you all.

Cut to black.

<Music gets softer and softer, eventually dying down.>

Large blue text appears: STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC III: THE BIRTH OF THE ORDER

Coming soon.

VO [Exile]: I love you. It's you fight I fight for.

This little piece here is intended as something we would see in a drawn out teaser-trailer of the game, months before it was released. Any feedback would be appreciated.

<Somber music.> The LucasArts logo appears, which quickly fades into a black screen, with blue letters reading "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." After 1 second, the screen fades to black.

Camera fades into a dark ship hull, lit only by various computer monitors, shimmering hues of blue and green across the dark insides of the Ebon Hawk. In the central corridor of the Ebon Hawk stands a young woman dressed in tattered Jedi robes. Her brown hair is in a messy pony-tail. Next to her is a figure, slightly taller than her, dressed in all black. Their backs are towards the camera and they are both looking down upon the computer in front of them.

VO [Deep and commanding voice, said right after the "long long time ago" words disappeared.]: I knew you'd come for me. Everything counted on that. And, now that you're ready, it can finally be done. You will soon see why only we can do this--and why everyone we cared for must far from here. We have the power to finish this.

VO [soft, female voice, clearly unsure with her words]: Finish what?

Camera cuts to show the two figures' faces, the woman looking up at the man. The camera zooms on to the man in the dark robes--he removes his cowl to reveal a grim, warrior's face. He looks at her.

<The music comes to a climatic silence.>

VO [same male voice as heard before, said with rigid determination.]: The War.

<Still no music, only silence.>

The screen fades from the face of Revan to blackness.

<A light choir of voices starts up.>

VO [The Exile; her words are still soft, but now there's a note of pessimism, maybe even contempt.]: Treachery is the way of the Sith. She taught me this well: peace is a lie.

VO [Revan]: And that is why we will win.

<Music starts up again, much more fast paced and action oriented, but with a tone of sadness in the background. This drowns out the choir voices.>

Cut to Bastila sprinting across a Rakatan beach, towards the Rakatan temple, where Mission, Zalbaar, and Juhani stand.

VO [bastila, nearly screaming from excitement]: A message! We've got a message! Well, sort of a message, but it's him, it *must* be him!

<Music becomes faster.>

Cut to a crew which includes Juhani, Jolee, Carth, Bastila, Zalbaar, and Mission boarding a Republic Freighter on a Telosian base.

VO [Carth, confused]: These look like defense points.

VO [Jolee]: Well what are we waiting for? Don't act like you don't know what this is, sonny; it's time to act.

The doors close and the freighter takes off into space.

Cut to the Mandalorian base on Dxun, with Canderous Ordo, Mandalore, looking upon nearly 3,000 Mandalorian troopers, directly in front of him, all arranged in perfect formations and battalions. The camera pans over the vast amount of troopers.

VO [Revan]: I've always been prepared. It's time to act on these preparations. And if we do things right, maybe we live.

Cut to a small room--gray in color. It's obvious it's used as a hideout, maybe on Nar Shada. Inside stands Atton, arms crossed in front of him, and sits Mira, Visas, Mical, and Atris.

VO [Atton]: So? I still think it's a trap. I'll all for recklessness, but this may be suicide, and don't we have an order to maintain?

VO [Visas, contemplative]: No.. it is her. She wants us to go there. I .. feel it through the Force, we must go there now. Time is not on our side.

<Music quickens even more. Loud, pounding drum beats signal every new scene that will take place.>

Cut to a ferocious space battle between thousands of Republic snub fighters, battle cruisers and corvettes versus an unknown ship design. A sea of red and green lasercannon fire fills the space between the two armadas. Utter chaos fills the screen.

Cut to an intense fight between Revan, the Exile and an unknown opponent, in close-quarters combat. The scene is too fast for the audience to see anything but a blur of Red and Blue lightsaber streaks.

Cut to Bastila preforming a high back flip over three fighter driods, and simultaneously cutting them in two with one end of her yellow lightsaber.

Cut to a large battlefield, showcasing several thousand Mandalorian troopers charging towards a temple, with an innumerable enemy dressed in deep-purple armor guarding it.

Cut to a scene that shows Atton's strained face. He's in a dark room, but a blue illumination covers his face. The camera falls back to see his outstretched palms capturing Force Lightning. His fingers curl and his wrists bend in an attempt to deflect it from his body. Where there was once courage, fear begins to show in his eyes.

Cut to blackness.

<Music stops.>

VO [bastila, snarling]: With HER? What about us? What about our bond? Is that nothing to you now?

VO [Vandar, yelling]: Our last stand, this is. Tonight decides whether the Jedi will live or fall. Place your faith in the Force. And may it be with you all.

Cut to black.

Large blue text appears: STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC III: THE BIRTH OF THE ORDER

Coming soon.

Nicely done

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

sounds interesting

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Definitely won't argue with that one. I wasn't even sure if I was going to throw a title in there or not, but oh well. I figured it'd leave it open-ended, as in birth of a sith or jedi order, kinda having what the previous two games did with the vagueness.

But meh, maybe KOTOR III will do fine.

this.

<Music stops.>

Cut to black.

Coming soon.

Do u mean by these words that the exile and revan are romantically invoved? JW.

What's Vandar doing in the trailer? He died on Katarr a year before Peragus went boom

Nice job BTW

Edited by DAWUSS

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

It hasn't been confirmed that he died. Little green men are very capable of disappearing for a while, and showing back up. Just ask GoA.

:)

Kavar: "The last Jedi conclave was on Katarr, a Miraluka colony. And all of Katarr was destroyed, all of the Jedi killed..."

Vrook: "Including Master Zhar... Master Vandar..."

Get over it. He's gone. Don't give any crap about him "not confirmed dead".

great trailer! do you right fan fic on k3? just wondering cause id read it.

yeah Birth of the order is a little off. still really awesome and creative. actually it made me want to go watch the movie :)

and vandar didnt talk like yoda in k1 but i can see why you made him say it like that because it adds dramatic effect.

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

It hasn't been confirmed that he died. Little green men are very capable of disappearing for a while, and showing back up. Just ask GoA.

:ermm:

Kavar: "The last Jedi conclave was on Katarr, a Miraluka colony. And all of Katarr was destroyed, all of the Jedi killed..."

I can't get over it. And I'll give whatever crap about him "not confirmed dead" yet that I want. You can't make me believe anything.

Ehh...I'm not going to take the word of Vrook. With all the lies/mistrusts that Jedi council caused, I take everything they say in KOTOR 2 with a grain of salt. While Vandar is canonically dead (at the moment), he could very easily be brought back by a simple "Vrook was just lying" case, or who knows what else. But, then again, someone could have caught Mace Windu when he was falling, right? :lol:

great trailer! do you right fan fic on k3? just wondering cause id read it.

yeah Birth of the order is a little off.  still really awesome and creative.  actually it made me want to go watch the movie :)

and vandar didnt talk like yoda in k1 but i can see why you made him say it like that because it adds dramatic effect.

Thanks! I don't write any fanfic, but I've given it some thought before. I think a little part inside me just wants KOTOR III to come out, where actual writers will come up with a (hopefully) great story. I do hope it happens.. :ermm:

this really isnt a idea but they need to fix the dioulage reaction because some of them dont make since with the anwser.

I think you are on the right track,however i believe that we if there is any Kotor3 that we should be able to choose our own races like an iridorian or a twilek or even a new type of race,it should also be fully real time and not based on a point a click system,rather like how oblivion is in third person perspective.What i like to see kept in kotor3 is the brilliant dialogue that the NPC's.To end of i hear rumors that Kotor3  might be online,which i completely disagree would,I hate online games.(Not every one has broad band).Oh ya it would be cool if the guys at obsidian incorporate Havok physics.peace.

>_<

I can't get over it. And I'll give whatever crap about him "not confirmed dead" yet that I want. You can't make me believe anything.

Then that's your problem if you want to constantly be living a lie. Get over it, chum.

this.

<Music stops.>

Cut to black.

Coming soon.

Do u mean by these words that the exile and revan are romantically invoved? JW.

then revan would be betraying bastilla

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

There is no such thing as betraying (I mean THAT kind of betraying) in SW-universe. As there is no gays etc. in SW

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

xard in Stdskillz post there was an lsm revan with an lsf exile so which gays are you talking about

Edited by Revan1127

xard in Stdskillz there was an lsm revan with an lsf exile so which gays are you talking about

:)

edit: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)