KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

I think I said this earlier but didn't Kreia say the "True Sith" would come? And that Nihilus and Sion were like nothing in comparison to them...Idk but I think bringing Nihilus back would be a waste of time.

Have you ever heard the concept of "off-villans"? The Sith Trimuative was the main enemy in K2, that didn't stop the Exchange sending bounty hunters for you. Just because the 'True Sith' may become the prime enemy doesn't mean you can't have secondary and rival villans.

Have you ever heard the concept of "off-villans"? The Sith Trimuative was the main enemy in K2, that didn't stop the Exchange sending bounty hunters for you. Just because the 'True Sith' may become the prime enemy doesn't mean you can't have secondary and rival villans.

good secondary villains are very helpful in creating a tight story. Jabba the Hutt was a good secondary villain in the OT. The PT could have used more good secondary villains...that is one of the weaker areas of the PT.

Thread reviewed and pruned. A little too much general Kotor discussion/chat, not enough Kotor3.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'd like to be able to hide behind things. Not joking.

Like if you have a blaster, you can peer around a corner, fire off a few rounds, then jump back behind it. I've always thought it was stupid how everyone just stands in a line and shoots at each other. Maybe boxes and crates could at +1 to defense, while something more solid would add +2. They could also throw in some feats to add to the bonuses.

I'd like to be able to hide behind things. Not joking.

Like if you have a blaster, you can peer around a corner, fire off a few rounds, then jump back behind it. I've always thought it was stupid how everyone just stands in a line and shoots at each other. Maybe boxes and crates could at +1 to defense, while something more solid would add +2. They could also throw in some feats to add to the bonuses.

mhm that would be cool, in the game you just standing at the same spot, in real you would have been freekill :o

ZOMG, O RLY?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

whoo, ok i read some of the 20 odd topics on this, but decided to read no more.

Here is my opinion.

1> without the ability to import from KOTR1 or 2, there is no way to "continue" as revan or the exile. But this does not mean that they can't be in the game as members of the party, just settle out their previous story the same way that KOTR2 settled out revan's past. Although i would prefer it to be more subtle. And then let you pick them up at some point along the way.

2> someone suggested that you do not start the game as a jedi, but you can become one, similar to KOTR. But i would say something a little more static. You can become a Jedi at a particular point (although if you can become a jedi, you ought to be able to become a sith as well), but unlike KOTR with its 20 level cap, so you had to make like 2:18 Soldier/Guardian, or something like that. Have a class level cap. Like Soldier lvl 15, Guardian lvl 15, Weapon Master lvl 15. although those numbers were just pulled from the air. And i would not be opposed to having no level cap on the prestige class.

3> The return of respawning enemies! KOTR2 was virtually impossible to level up very high (unless you used one of the bugs) since once you cleared an area of enemies they were gone...for good. I think most field areas at least should have indigenous life to combat, like KOTR had.

4> But i see the game as a three tiered kind of story. You begin the game as a base class, fighting off the remaining sith forces, left from the time of KOTR2. When you become and jedi(or sith) things go more into of a rebuild the order, find lost members kind of thing, and when you reach presitge class, you go off into the far dark of space looking for revan and the exile, and what they went looking for.

5> Actually being able to find and converse (if not actually recruit) characters from the original KOTR and KOTR2. Such as speaking to bastila, or bao dur.

6> Don't rush it, i would rather get a complete long game 3 years from now, than half a game a year and a half from now.

I may think of more later, but at the moment that is it.

I hope revan and exile are in it but not as pcs or party members and while i would like a few familiar party members i want mostly new characters with interesting stories...

I hope revan and exile are in it but not as pcs or party members and while i would like a few familiar party members i want mostly new characters with interesting stories...

EDIT: I also want to join guilds like the bounty hunters guild and if revan and the exile are in i want to make them with in depth customisation options...

Edited by Sith-Legend1127

I'm probably beating a dead horse but anyways.

I think that the main focus of a potential K3 should be about tieing up the loose ends and giving players a satisfying conclusion to the story arcs of Revan, Exile and the significant party members.

I would love to see something new in the SW universe, new characters, new worlds, new gameplay and a new storyline. Its all good. However, I think these things should be saved for the next grand story of another hero/villain.

Knights of the Old Republic for me, is about the story of Revan and to a lesser extent, the Exile.

I am aware that many people feel that Revan's story is done and that we don't need to know anymore. For me though, K2 left open a lot of questions about Revan. Enough for me to want to know more about his motivations and history.

I am also aware that a lot of people want a new character to play and that playing again as Revan wouldn't be true role-playing since you're just playing someone else's character.

I think that playing as Revan again would be a interesting experience in role-playing. In the current Revan resides two characters, The pre-amnesia Revan and the characters that the players have created. I don't believe that just because Revan regained a significant portion of his memories that he reverts back to his original character that players didn't create. It will be more like a clash of personalities. I think it would be fun for developers as well as players to explore how the player created Revan reacts and comes to terms with his memories. Whether he accept them, reject them, wallow in despair, try to right wrongs, question his motivations at the time and his following actions. Does he accept his choices, or does he regret them. As Revan does whatever he is trying to accomplish in the Sith worlds, certain events or encounters might trigger some memory that leads to Revan contemplating about his past and coming to a decision that will affect the current course in the game and his character alignment and motivation.

Wait....this sounds like Starwars: Torment... :">

Revan as just a Cameo in his black mask and suit would just trivialize the main character in this SW time period I think.

Your thoughts on my thoughts?

If Revan and the Exile appear they should be permanently masked, wearing preset robes and gender and allignment being based on an early dialogue option. To be honest I'd rather just hear them mentioned and their fates mentioned via story than them appearing.

I'm not fussed if Bastila or other characters tag along, but I'd rather seem them appear somewhat prominently without being party members.

Maybe some collaboration with Dark Horse could have characters who are set to live through their comics appear, that would be kind of cool.

Anyway, I'm not that fussed. I think Exile and Revan appearing in the flesh would be a bad idea though.

if they present reven and the exile it would be hard because they couldint have both the faces from obsidians and biowares games(copy right issues i believe) unless they work together. Masks would be the only option would it not? i would like mentions of them and to see both of them at the end perhaps in a final battle where if you are lighside they help you for part of it oir dark side they try to hender you

if they present reven and the exile it would be hard because they couldint have both the faces from obsidians and biowares games(copy right issues i believe) unless they work together. Masks would be the only option would it not? i would like mentions of them and to see both of them at the end perhaps in a final battle where if you are lighside they help you for part of it oir dark side they try to hender you

No, actually...Obsidian got away with using the KOTOR I faces for Xbox and for the dead miners in the kolto tanks. Shouldn't be any problems.

If Revan and the Exile appear they should be permanently masked, wearing preset robes and gender and allignment being based on an early dialogue option. To be honest I'd rather just hear them mentioned and their fates mentioned via story than them appearing.

I'm not fussed if Bastila or other characters tag along, but I'd rather seem them appear somewhat prominently without being party members.

Maybe some collaboration with Dark Horse could have characters who are set to live through their comics appear, that would be kind of cool.

Anyway, I'm not that fussed. I think Exile and Revan appearing in the flesh would be a bad idea though.

I'm with ya here. If anyone doesn't know, Bastila Shan was originally intended to be 'Vima Sunrider' from the original KotOR comics. Although I think some trademark issues with 'Sunrider' rose up again and that got changed.

Still it would be interesting to see some actual characters from the KotOR comics in the flesh (Like Zayne Carrick, or Squint) or something. It's an intersting thought.

-----

Anyhow I've been going over a few NWN2 previews and I was impressed with some of the things the guys here at Obsidian are doing with the game.

One in particular was the 'stronghold' feature described briefly in one of the interviews. It would be interesting to say... apply the same concept to your ship. Where basically you as a player can purchase various upgrades and customizations ranging from weapons to color schemes. You may need to go out and recruit a skilled pilot, a gunner, a mechanic etc. to help out with maintaining and excersing the ship during combat.

Another thing I saw that was interesting was to be able to choose certain background aspects. It helps when your trying to role-play a character. If you wanted a background where your character was a former bounty hunter, during certain conversations refering to your past you may have dialouge options that have you bragging about some bounty you caught. You may even receive certain bonuses and unique skills and abilites.

If you were a Republic soldier, you may have a dialogue option that has you recalling a brutal and bloody battle on a certain planet. You get the picture right?

I think custimization of teh character you play on would be amazing. Not only just 10 or so faces for each gender. But many faces for each gender and even maybe an option of choosing a starwars species too.

With various hair styles, hair color, facial piercings and tattoos would be a good addition.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Selkath PC FTW lol

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.