KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Nihilus?! He may not be dead but absolutely I wouldn't want to hear the entire game with his whispers... no one understands what he says, except Visas.

I'd rather be a Wookiee than Nihilus.

But Nihilus is fearsome and awesome, so he could be alright for DS players I guess.

I dont like the idea of a limited number of planets to explore and whatnot.. They should really take some design cues from the game Mass Effect.. Except of course adding space battles.. Being able to build and/or modify a ship for your travels would be of course very interesting.. other then that full character customization (like mass effect) would be great as well as being able to choose who your companions would be, like if you could chat up any character in the game, making them like you and having them join you (up to a set amount of something like 8 of course) after which you should be able to kick a party member out in exchange for a different one.. I know this is alot to ask but every gamer out there can agree that customization is video game gold!

Nihilus?! He may not be dead but absolutely I wouldn't want to hear the entire game with his whispers... no one understands what he says, except Visas.

I'd rather be a Wookiee than Nihilus.

But Nihilus is fearsome and awesome, so he could be alright for DS players I guess.

agreed.

Wait, no I don't. That's a terrible idea. Nihilus sucked, and he would be horrible as a DS player.

I dont like the idea of a limited number of planets to explore and whatnot.. They should really take some design cues from the game Mass Effect.. Except of course adding space battles.. Being able to build and/or modify a ship for your travels would be of course very interesting.. other then that full character customization (like mass effect) would be great as well as being able to choose who your companions would be, like if you could chat up any character in the game, making them like you and having them join you (up to a set amount of something like 8 of course) after which you should be able to kick a party member out in exchange for a different one.. I know this is alot to ask but every gamer out there can agree that customization is video game gold!

And uhhh... Just how many Terabites of memory do you have on your hard drive? :blink:

lol You're talking a pretty big game there fella.

Edited by Benjamin Korr

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Not to nitpick, but I don't agree with people who say that existing games should take some design cues from a game that hasn't even been released yet.

Unless the person writing it is, in fact, a member of that design team (ie. in this instance, works for Bioware and is working on ME and has firsthand knowledge), then they can't possibly know whether a not-yet-released game design will work or not.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I honestly could not care about the begining ( I just hopes it's good!) But if in the end, you could team up with Reaven, The exile and yourself and totally bustasaber on the "TRUE SITH" of the universe. Man both games were so good and a third would be phenominal. (I just beat the 2nd today, wowzers...) And I also like the idea of starting as someone like raised in the sith,a nd still being able to choes your path, but just not being raised int he republic but like in the sith... Just an idea :blink:...

I honestly could not care about the begining ( I just hopes it's good!) But if in the end, you could team up with Reaven, The exile and yourself and totally bustasaber on the "TRUE SITH" of the universe. Man both games were so good and a third would be phenominal. (I just beat the 2nd today, wowzers...) And I also like the idea of starting as someone like raised in the sith,a nd still being able to choes your path, but just not being raised int he republic but like in the sith... Just an idea :blink:...

That is something that the producers would never do. Usaully it's a Jedi who turns to the DS... not the other way around.

Who could the other characters be? What Sith Lords will there be?

I actually don't want to see more sith lords. I want to see great sith masters of the sith empire. I want all of them to be stronger than all of the other bosses from the other games. That would make the game feel more challenging. :thumbsup:

"May the Force be with you."

How and why would you go about role-playing Nihilus as a PC? :thumbsup:

Anyhow on another note I'd be interested in seeing Nihilus as a story villan (Not the primary one). Nihilus' death leads one to wonder if Nihilus truly died. I'd speculate that being another 'wound in the force' he may be capable of 'cheating death' so to speak.

In EU, Palpatine actually survived his fall down the shaft, and became some sort of 'force ghost'. Unlike a typical force ghost, he took control of several bodies. (If anyone watches Stargate I guess you can relate it to how Anubis changes bodies in the eight season).

If it went this way, I happen to think Nihilus would carry dark, dark knowledge of ancient Sith techniques, making him a bigger threat than before. Without his previous body, he might not be so dependant on feeding upon the force as he needed to do in order to survive (Of course he'd still be capable of doing so). It would make for an interesting villan to throw into the fray of things without actually creating a whole brand new incarnation of the current Sith regime.

Edited by Terranova

Nihilus might return as villain, but in his true form... not like a shadow figure that speaks an unknown language.

Besides, is it true that Nihilus was once a prisoner of the Mandalorians? Why does he speak that way? There must be a meaning...

I doubt it would be exactly in his true form.

Chances are his 'shadow figure' was his true form. Perhaps mutilated by Malachor V, and further corrupted by the Dark Side and his hunger to feed on the force. It is speculated that Nihilus speaks the 'Sith' language, although I don't know if that's confirmed.

WOW that would be cool. So if we do go to the Sith worlds in K3 we won't understand a damn things... and while they tell you "I'll kick your butt, Jedi" we won't give a damn of what he/she says cos we don't understand Sithese and slice him/her with our lightsaber.

But how come Visas sees him in the eyes after taking his mask off and sees only death and darkness? Was he human or not?

Straight from Wiki (Wookiepedia)

"It should be noted that Nihilus never speaks a clear word in the game, he simply emits patterns of sounds similar to the Sith holocrons found on Telos. It has been theorized that he speaks in the Sith language, for it is stated that Darth Nihilus is so corrupt, when he speaks, it causes death around him (the statement can be found in the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords strategy guide, under Darth Nihilus) Another possible explaination was Nihilus traded his ability of speech for power, just like what Kar Vastor did."

------

Visas isn't really the most forthcoming person either, like when she says "My life for yours" and all that other mystical speech. Other than that it's not known whether or not Nihilus was human or not.

Edited by Terranova

In EU, Palpatine actually survived his fall down the shaft, and became some sort of 'force ghost'. Unlike a typical force ghost, he took control of several bodies. (If anyone watches Stargate I guess you can relate it to how Anubis changes bodies in the eight season).

One of the, if not THE, worst plots ever in the Star Wars EU. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

^^Definitely top three

Straight from Wiki (Wookiepedia)

"Another possible explaination was Nihilus traded his ability of speech for power, just like what Kar Vastor did."

------

Where would you go to make that sort of trade?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I dont like the idea of a limited number of planets to explore and whatnot..

maps are probably the most time-consuming aspect of writing a game (I would think) and I wouldn't expect a tight, linear game with lots of good content to be able to hold a candle to Morrowind and such games in terms of freedom.

HOWEVER, I really would like to see at least a slight variation from the old 4 planets/4 clues and PRESTO, the endgame.

part of this, of course, dovetails into the idea of the LS and DS paths not being exactly the same.

this is what I would like to see:

* drop the "first world gets destroyed" routine. it was fine for the first 2 games but, heck, Taris was the most fleshed-out world in K1 and I would have loved to use it as a trading post.

* have exotic worlds like Coruscant in linear segments during the otherwise "free" middle game. I don't think you can really have Coruscant on the astro charts but have a scripted segment (maybe you are seperated from your ship after a crash landing and someone shuttles you there) that can fire at any point during the middle game. Same thing could apply to Leviathan-type encounters...need more of that in the middle game.

* have at least one world difference between the LS and DS paths. Let's say the DS player has to go to Ziost during the middle game to get a certain clue. The LS player has some other world to go to instead. However, the LS player can still go to Ziost but just does not get the same triggers and clues that the DS player does.

and, of course, I think having joinable factions and having more potential NPCs than the max shipmate slots on your ship would help to create a lot of illusionary open-endedness.