KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

What I liked about the KotOR games was how they questioned the Jedi code and exposed its weakness. I mean they say fear is the path to the dark side, but then all their rules are based on fear, fear of the dark side. Revan and the Exile both know the dark side as well as the light side and they know that the truth lies somewhere inbetween. I understand it the way that the Jedi think that most of their apprentices are too weak to resist the dark side if they studied it, so they ban it. And that's their biggest mistake. It leads to strange customs like seperating children from their families just to forge them into weapons of the 'light side'. And they try to force them to suppress their feelings, even love. No wonder that they have trouble resisting the dark side.

I would like to see the hypocracy of the 'jedi council' in the civil war further revealed and exposed. After all it was the love of a son to his father and of a father to his son that saved the galaxy in the 'first' star wars trilogy. And as far as I remember Luke relied on his feelings and not on common sense most of the time. I think he would have acted like Revan if he had lived then. Just remember, Yoda told him to stay on Dantoine and complete his training, but Luke 'rebelled' and left. The Jedi council told Revan to wait, but he 'rebelled' and left ...

i remember yoda telling luke to stay on dagobah. :shifty:"

but i do see your point about the flaws of the jedi code playing a big part in the series, and even though the effects of the mandalorian and jedi civil wars would have a long lasting effect on the galaxy (economy etc), i doubt the jedi will change their ways too much. the practise of separating children families remains a jedi custom another 4000 years or so after these games are set.

part 4 you are on your way to kayshkky to find the piece of the map when you land you are greeted by two fimalir faces misson and big z they give you a warm welcome zallabaar is now cheif of the wookies and you ask him about the map and zallaabar tells you where it is after you find the map you leave for the village but you are confrotend by 3 dark jedi after you search their remans the two will 3 light sabers but the 3 one will have a light whip to be contuied

What would be cool is to have 3 new races:

Human Bounty hunter - Basically you are a Bounty hunter working for a Hutt, you go to different planets to kill different people, as you progress through levels the contracts get harder but the amount of credits you recive will increase ;) , with the credits you recive you can upgrade your weapons and armor into better stuff, in later levels you eventually get Boba fett type armor with a jet-pack :D .

Aswell as land battles you also occationally run into space ones aswell, when you start the game you get given a small space ship with a hyperdrive and laser cannons and you get to name your ship (my ships name will defenatly be ''SLAVE I''*), but the more credits you spend on your ship the more cool upgrades you get like missile launchers, mine launcers and more laser cannons, you can also change the ships colour, the shape cannot be changed, you will choose between 6 shapes when you start the game.

Mandolorian Warrior - Ever since i first saw there battle armor i thought ''Would'nt it be cool to actually play as a Mandolorian in the game'' well now you can. :cool:

You are part of a small clan scattered after the Mandolorian wars, your clan leader sends you to different planets to find any Mandolorians and to try and make them join your clan, but you are still hunted be the Republic and not all Mandolorians want to go peacefully...

The more Mandolorians you bring back to your clan the higher your rank will get, the higher your rank the more access you get to better weapons and armor.

Droid Assassin - Fans of HK-47 rejoice!! (w00t) you can play a HK-47 type droid in the game! :D

You play as an Assassin Droid created by your Master, a Sith Lord. Your master sends you on various assassination missions to kill High ranked Republic senetors, Generals and even Jedi masters (though those come later in the game).

As you progress through levels your master's mechanic gives you better upgrades making you faster, stronger and more superior, upgrades include more arms!, better weapons systems and near the end of the game your master teaches you to use LIGHTSABRES!! (General Grevious style :ph34r: ).

Aswell as those 3 races and classes you also get the usual Jedi Guardian, Sentinal e.t.c...

All Classes will have a choice if they want to have party members, not have it forced on them like in KOTOR I and II, a Uber Sith Lord or a Uber Assasin Droid with high pwning skills does not need party members!

In case you were wondering: Yes all classes can have there own space ships and Yes there will be pleanty of space battles to look forward to. ;)

Hope Obsidian likes my idea :) (here's hoping :p )

* For those who don't know, SLAVE I was the name of Boba Fett's Ship ;)

Edited by Metal_billy

I have found a link to a star wars game in development. It shows exciting footage of Jedi using cool force powers on storm troopers. But any way I heard that this exciting trailer can eventually lead to a hopeful Kotor 3.

look below:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11412/Star-W...ech-Demo-Movie/

It looks unbelievably cool because it is pre-rendered. It is NOT done in real time using a game engine. I think the vid is more a guide for what can and should be done in games as far as look and gameplay are concerned.

How do you know it's pre-rendered?

Not suggsting you lie, but where's your info from?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm pretty new at posting here (1 post) but i have read alot of what you guys a girls have said about k3 and i just watched the video and i have to say if thats what k3 is gonna look like I can wait however long it takes for them to make it especially if the longer I wait the better it becomes! (w00t) but we still don't know for sure if they really are gonna make k3 :)

i cant think of any thing but there should be these items and changes

light whip

light spear

mandlorion neo crusader armor

changes you should be able to mount and ride cetarin creatures like ronto dew back bantha

cooler force powers

more mandalorins

Better force powers... or at least more sophisticated and devastating

LESS mandalorians and new species

More planets

LESS bugs

Complete storyline (to end the KOTOR saga in glory)

Do you think we'll see Dustil Onasi?

He might take his father's place... but as liutenant or captain, not admiral

Do you think we'll see Dustil Onasi?

What class is he going to be? Jedi Guardian?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'm new to this forum so hello to everyone.

I really liked the two KOTOR games, but I thought there should be a couple of things that need to be taken care of.

1st of , a lot of people said that K1 was better than K2. I would say that the mechanics of K2 (UI, prestige classes, areas, influence on team members (albeit half baked)) were better, whereas K1 has a complete (short of) story.

Both games were short. Adding a couple of extra planets (at least)  was needed in BOTH games. To put it differently at least 15 hours+ of gameplay. It is an RPG game after all.

Reusing old material, and some NPCs wouldn't be a problem, but the devopers should remeber that it is customers who buy the game not marketing directors. An unhappy marketing director is just that, an inconsequential thing. Unhappy customers are a totaly different thing. Interplay can attest to this argument. In fact

publishers and marketing directors should only contribute money. If they take over management, things are going to go very bad. Everyone is on a budget, but if the outcome is a crap game, then you will fail while being on budget. So DONT CUT LEVELS AND THE STORYLINE to make some deadline. If the game comes on March instead of Christmas we will STILL BUY IT. WE DO NOT BUY GAMES only on before

New Year's Day and before Eastern. Honeslly we do buy games in between holidays.

I am not sure when DnD 4th will be realeased, but if it does come soon, it would be interesting to include it in the game. As long as itsn't total crap like adnd. I am talking about systems here, not settings.

K2 concluded by saying that revan went on to discover the true sith. This is an interesting idea. Instead of making yet again a new character who happens to hear of revan at some point, it would be interesting, to have the previous character from K2,

going after revan, to learn of the coming war (with the true sith), and even join with him. Or vice versa revan from K1 finding the character of K2 alogn the way. And then the game elaborates on the nature of true Sith, their plans, their motivation, and at some point the player chooses whether he will fight to ascend the order of the true Sith to destroy them , or to use them. Given that the player would start of from a point in the story where his background is known, he could choose to take a couple of his companions along with him. E.g as revan he could choose from the K1 party. And on the way to find the true Sith they could complete the party.

There could be something like 5 or 6 planets to explore and ascend the hierarchy of the true Sith, 3 or 4 replublic planets where the pleyer collects info on the true sith and prepares,  and another 5-7 intermediate planets to build up on the story, and to provide the player with backgorund on some NPCs that he will meet in the true SIth space, along with advancing the character and building up on the party.

Something similar to moving through planes and collecting info from DnD 3.5.

K2 forced the players toy use all the characters. This was good and it should be kept.  But not expanded upon.

Also the idea of building your own items was good, and since Kx use the Modern D20 system, they could allow the player to fabricate any combination of things to create artefacts as long as they could make the DC check. In other words, instead of listing 4 or 5 items of each lightsaber component, say that an emiiter can be fabricated from these 10 materials, but the DC check for each of them is different. Even better it can be fabricated from the combination of X metal with Y non-metal in Z machine. The difference is that there is a greater variety of items, and a player cna choose to focus on attack / damage / special (slow, stun) in any way the like. They could make an emitter that does (stun/slow) with a crytal that increase the attack and onather one that increases damage. At any rate I am taking about an implementation of the craft skills from d20 3.5.

That's all for now, I apologise for the lengthy post,

everybody take care.

That is an old rumor

I have found a link to a star wars game in development. It shows exciting footage of Jedi using cool force powers on storm troopers. But any way I heard that this exciting trailer can eventually lead to a hopeful Kotor 3.

look below:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11412/Star-W...ech-Demo-Movie/

It looks unbelievably cool because it is pre-rendered. It is NOT done in real time using a game engine. I think the vid is more a guide for what can and should be done in games as far as look and gameplay are concerned.

thats really cool cant wait to play that game.

The video doesn't have anything to do with KOTOR III :)

The game includes Vader, stormtroopers and TIE fighter, and not just for marketing purposes, they will be in the final product. It's supposed to be THE Star Wars game and part of the huge campaign for 2007, very likely based on the time right after Episode III.

A quick note to Chris the Jedi killer:

In your sig, you quote Darth Sion but you made a spelling error. Where it says ''And now you run in search of the jedi...'' when you wrote ''And now...'' you spelled ''now'' ''know'' which is a completely different word, ''Know'' means: to understand something i.e. ''He knows that he will get pwned by a jedi tonight'' or ''You do know that light sabres can cut through anything except other light sabres right?''.

Sorry if i seem like a complete whiner but i just had to correct you, no harm done i hope :p

P.S. if you diliberatley wrote your sig like that then thats ok :)"

Oh and coming back to the subject at hand:

Instead of having Force storm there should be a force power called Chain lightning :) where the spell acts like Force lightning but instead of it hitting only 1 person it also jumps towards other people near you, the force power targets up to a maximum of 6 people and the amount of damage it deals reduces as it bounces to new people by 10%.

P.S I got the idea from World of Warcraft, it is one of the Shaman spells. ;)

Edited by Metal_billy