The Lord of the Rings: The White Council

funcroc

They tried the whole FF-angle in Third Age, whihc failed miserably, since the team had no personality whatsoever making the teamplay pretty much devoid of drive. Meh.

I think there might still be some untapped potential in Tolkien's world, I just hope it's a solo gig thing this time. I don't trust EA enough to have any kind of false hopes on their ability to make a team game. And for god's sake, no more Minas Tirith and Rivendell there's a ton of MiddleEarth yet to experience. Use some godgiven imagination.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Something Awful: -29

Yeah, I agree.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Which was my point. They gave...what...90 points to KotOR? 29 is pretty average.

kirottu said:

Most main-stream gaming "critics": 9.9 Awesome game, woooo!

Codex: What? Why are you talking to me you ************ about that *********** game **********.. Yeah, ofcourse we ******* knew that *********** game would suck **************************.

Edit: Added more profanities. :rolleyes:

Edited by Rhombus

What do you want?.. blink.gif

Personally, I don't want to play a story that's in the same time frame as the books/movies. Why would I want to play a "less-then-epic" storyline, when I know awesome battles like Helms Deep, Minas Tirith, and all that stuff. It'd be like if the next Call of Duty had you playing as one of the women who wrote the letters to the families of dead soliders. It's just not the same.

Give us a new time period that has never been experimented with before. Do what BioWare did with KotOR.

Well, the White Council isn't really same time as the books, dissolved before, after they drove Sauron from Mirkwood no?.. bet the game is gonna be about that.

But yeah, for LotR there is so much unused time... I'm with ya there.

Considering they don't exactly have a giant repertoire of RPG games, especially recently, I'm not going to fault them for not making an "original" CRPG.

Just seemed like an excuse to tag a jab at EA.

Edited by alanschu

the final boss of the third age was horrible (Imma gonna poke out your eye!)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There are tons of epic storylines before the LotR books took place.. it's like 6000 years of history that Tolkien worked out just for fun.. That's why I think his work is so great.. the background history is immensly detailed.

You have the battles between Melkor and the other Valar, the battles between elves and Melkor about the Silmarills, stuff about Numenor, the war of the Last Alliance.. just to mention a few..

Well, I think the idea of having an open-ended RPG set in the world of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings is a very cool idea. I would love to explore that world, if they made it as huge, detailed and believable as it would have to be for it to be Tolkien. I would have high hopes for this game.. if it wasn't for the fact that it's being made by EA. Personally, I think EA has kind of changed direction a little lately, as they seem less intent on just making sequel after sequel of already established franchises, but I don't think they're at the point of making anything groundbreaking yet. One can hope they're slowly working their way back to their roots.

Does anyone except me even remember EA before they became a gigantic, faceless mega-corporation..?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, I think the idea of having an open-ended RPG set in the world of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings is a very cool idea. I would love to explore that world, if they made it as huge, detailed and believable as it would have to be for it to be Tolkien. I would have high hopes for this game.. if it wasn't for the fact that it's being made by EA. Personally, I think EA has kind of changed direction a little lately, as they seem less intent on just making sequel after sequel of already established franchises, but I don't think they're at the point of making anything groundbreaking yet. One can hope they're slowly working their way back to their roots.

Does anyone except me even remember EA before they became a gigantic, faceless mega-corporation..?

you mean the one that bought westwood and put it's logo on the moon :)"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.