~4 minute Mass Effect trailer on 360 marketplace

Epiphany

I thought the game looked really good in the trailer. A few things though: noone knows what kind of areas you'll be moving around in. Will the areas be linear, small and cramped? Will there be loading screens every five minutes as you move from area to area?

Another thing to note: the combat looks like Gothic in space! Ok, maybe not, but it's more like Deus Ex than Baldur's Gate or KotOR. I like that.

Since they're using the UE3, they better not have a loading screen every few minutes. The worlds should be streamed since that's a strength of the engine itself. Anything more than a loading screen when landing on a planet will be unacceptable.

I'm inclined to believe Alan. :lol:

I'm not really surprised.

Edited by 10k fists

Any idiot can come up with 'sources' and have a 50:50 chance of getting it right. What's the point? Getting a cookie? Getting Darque's admiration?

'No, I'm right!'

'No, I'M right!'

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Well, Darque is a girl.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I didn't read the 8 pages that somehow spurted from this thread immediately, but did anyone else think the combat looked like a standard shooter? I mean, can you pause and issue commands? What is the deal?

Yeah, the part where the player scrolled the battleground to place the white icon looked a lot like pause state.

I still think either a system akin to Freedom Fighters(or Battlezone :huh: ) or a more elaborate battlemap+orders-system would be better. We haven't seen enough to judge the game though.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Of course you don't.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yellow smiley face sticking it's tung out in a silly manner.

I guess this would be a good time to mention that I haven't actually watched the trailer yet.

Wow, this game looks sweet. It's like the video game I've been waiting for all of my recent life.

What's so dynamic about the dialog system :shifty:

Where you not paying attention!?

The NPCs talk to your character and you get to choose a reply! That's not all though, based on that reply the conversation could go a variety of ways!

... but seriously, I think they are just referring to the cinematics.

What's so dynamic about the dialog system :shifty:

Where you not paying attention!?

The NPCs talk to your character and you get to choose a reply! That's not all though, based on that reply the conversation could go a variety of ways!

... but seriously, I think they are just referring to the cinematics.

So in one of the convo options he pulls out a gun.. Big deal.