- Seems more non-linear than Jade Empire

- Several worlds

- Different combat...

No's:

- ...which seems to be slow and uninspiring

- Generic VO

- Fixed main character

- Framerate

What do you mean by fixed main character? You create your own - unless you mean fixed by you having to play a human so the story makes sense. Framerate was improved (as well as the overall visuals) by a single optimization pass after E3, Bioware dev was talking about it on their forums the other day.

As already stated, with a fixed voice for the main character, they seem to have gone the Deus Ex route.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You can play both female and male.. says that on the official site if I'm not mistaken, atleast David Gaider or what that guys name over at Bioware said that.

The only thing that is fixed about the main character is appearantly his/her job as a commander, and his/her last name which is Shepard.. so then each voice over they just say Commander Shepard... regardless of it being a male or female.. nifty..

What do you want?.. blink.gif

You create your own - unless you mean fixed by you having to play a human so the story makes sense

Ah, wonderful. Trailer was a bit missleading.

Is this true character creation? Or Deus Ex style "you choose 3 faces" style character creation?

Your only limitation on your character is that you must be human (for story purposes). Your character is simply referred to as "Commander Shepard" the whole game.

Say... Has anyone seen anime called Vandread? Computers coming to harvest living organisms is a straight rip off from Vandread... Whee.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Say... Has anyone seen anime called Vandread? Computers coming to harvest living organisms is a straight rip off from Vandread... Whee.

Actually, i'm watching it now. Only seen 6-7 episodes though. There's been some indication of it so far though.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Actually, i'm watching it now. Only seen 6-7 episodes though.

Any good? I haven't watched a decent anime in a while.

As kirottu said, it seems decent. Not my top 20 though, but not something crap like Fushigi yoogi or Kiddy grade either.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Actually, i'm watching it now. Only seen 6-7 episodes though.

Any good? I haven't watched a decent anime in a while.

As kirottu said, it seems decent. Not my top 20 though, but not something crap like Fushigi yoogi or Kiddy grade either.

All right, thanks. I'll consider giving it a watch.

Back to topic though, one thing bothered me with the trailer. Why on earth did the bartender speak with accent commonly accociated with 18-year old students at Starbucks?

Are dweebs intergalactical clones of each other, or are Bioware just lazy?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

You create your own - unless you mean fixed by you having to play a human so the story makes sense

Ah, wonderful. Trailer was a bit missleading.

Is this true character creation? Or Deus Ex style "you choose 3 faces" style character creation?

Your only limitation on your character is that you must be human (for story purposes). Your character is simply referred to as "Commander Shepard" the whole game.

FAN-tastic! :thumbsup:

Two more games and I'll be sold on a 360 :)

Dead Rising... check.

Gears of War... check.

Mass Effect... check.

???

???

Edit: Meant to quote Rhombus, but this works too.

KotOR 3 has not been officially announced so it is irrelevant. It does not exist as far as I care. I have yet been sold on the X Box 360. Why bother to get a kiddie console when the majority of the games I play are on the PC or will be ported over to PC anyway?

A lot of people bought a X Box bcause of Jade Empire and now its going to be ported over making the X Box purchasee a waste of money. More than likely Bioware will do the same with Mass Effect so there is no need to buy a X Box 360. Of course I faired better than most since I bought it used. :huh:

I only game on one platform and I game on the platform that has the most games I like to play. X Box 360 isn't it.

FAN-tastic! :p

Two more games and I'll be sold on a 360 :p

Dead Rising... check.

Gears of War... check.

Mass Effect... check.

???

???

Edit: Meant to quote Rhombus, but this works too.

Lost Odyssey?

Blue Dragon?

Bioshock?

N3?

Fable 2?

LotR: The White Council?

RE5?

wow, I'm slipping. :) I forgot a few games didn't I?

- Mass Effect

- Dead Rising

- Gears of War

- RE5

- Alan Wake

- Alone in the Dark

- Bioshock

3 more and it's a definate done deal.... especially with sony going into "la la land" :huh:

KotOR 3 has not been officially announced so it is irrelevant.  It does not exist as far as I care.  I have yet been sold on the X Box 360.  Why bother to get a kiddie console when the majority of the games I play are on the PC or will be ported over to PC anyway?

KotOR 3 will be on the 360 as well as the PC.

I agree with you about consoles though. Why should I waste $400 on a 360 when I have a PC that does what the 360 can do and better? Besides that, a majority of the games being released on the 360 are also available for the PC so I'd pretty much be throwing away $400 for nothing.