~4 minute Mass Effect trailer on 360 marketplace

Epiphany

:o

Best game ever.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

wow...so that's what it looks like when someone agrees with you.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I refuse to connect the Xbox360 to the Internet (not one single trailer has ever been able to finish). Is there another source available?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Thank you! :o

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't know, this doesn't seem that impressive, so far. They haven't revealed a whole lot of info, and the little they have revealed is about the graphics, and from this video they don't seem that good, in fact I think the animations are a bit wooden.

As for gameplay, all they've said is that the dialogues are awesome because they will be the best ever in a game and the tactical action will be also awesome just because. That is, all we've gotten so far is pure hype.

Now, I'm not saying the game won't be good. Considering it's from Bioware I'd say it will be at least competent, however I don't feel there's enough information to say anything about the game's potential.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Pro's:

- Graphics

- Facial animation

- Seems more non-linear than Jade Empire

- Several worlds

- Different combat...

No's:

- ...which seems to be slow and uninspiring

- Generic VO

- Fixed main character

- Framerate

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

And it's probably 5(including romances and sidequests) hours long, if the recent trend continues.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I don't know, this doesn't seem that impressive, so far. They haven't revealed a whole lot of info, and the little they have revealed is about the graphics, and from this video they don't seem that good, in fact I think the animations are a bit wooden.

Everyone that was at E3 disagrees with you on graphics, as does everyone that's posted on the subject that viewed in via the marketplace.

Pro's:

- Graphics

- Facial animation

- Seems more non-linear than Jade Empire

- Several worlds

- Different combat...

No's:

- ...which seems to be slow and uninspiring

- Generic VO

- Fixed main character

- Framerate

What do you mean by fixed main character? You create your own - unless you mean fixed by you having to play a human so the story makes sense. Framerate was improved (as well as the overall visuals) by a single optimization pass after E3, Bioware dev was talking about it on their forums the other day.

Visually, the game looks really good even with the current framerate. The dialogue system which they seem to be praising... Well, NPCs talk to you, you choose a response and they replay based on that responce! Am I missing something? That's certainly nothing new or groundbreaking. It looks like there is no character creation either and he has a voice and his own personality apparently. That just seems wrong for a western RPG, but then again that might encourage a healthier, more intricate plot involvement. The story seems pretty lame at the moment, but I'm it will get better once more of the plot is actually be revelead.

It's definitely the most interesting Xbox 360 game I've seen so far.

Any chance on a PC release?

I'd assume some parts of it will be fixed. The character has a voice over, so you can't have too much variance in terms of physical appearance.

Though I see no reason why your attributes couldn't be custom.

I'd assume some parts of it will be fixed.  The character has a voice over, so you can't have too much variance in terms of physical appearance.

Well, hopefully they'll do a DX2 and have both a male and female lead choice.

The dialogue system which they seem to be praising...  Well, NPCs talk to you, you choose a response and they replay based on that responce!  Am I missing something?  That's certainly nothing new or groundbreaking.

They

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I'd assume some parts of it will be fixed.  The character has a voice over, so you can't have too much variance in terms of physical appearance.

Well, hopefully they'll do a DX2 and have both a male and female lead choice.

With the full voice overs it may be less likely.

I haven't played DX2 though. It would have had full voice overs as well, but would there be as much opportunity to talk in DX2 as in Mass Effect?