Rakata & True Sith connection

If u all remember the Rakata in K1 were making tests on fellow Rakata to see if there were any signs of force sensitivity. Then they were also looking at their genetic structure, which was later explained by the terminal in the temple...

So the question is. Could have the Infinite Empire been in power thousands of years because of their force sensitivity that they may once have had? How did they lose their connection with the Force, if they ever had one?

Did they then turn on each other coz of the DS? Or coz they didn't have a leader?

Could the Rakata nature resemble who the True Sith are?

Any thoughts?

Not really a Kotor 2 topic, moving to Star Wars Universe.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Guest The Architect
If u all remember the Rakata in K1 were making tests on fellow Rakata to see if there were any signs of force sensitivity. Then they were also looking at their genetic structure, which was later explained by the terminal in the temple...

So the question is. Could have the Infinite Empire been in power thousands of years because of their force sensitivity that they may once have had? How did they lose their connection with the Force, if they ever had one?

Did they then turn on each other coz of the DS? Or coz they didn't have a leader?

Could the Rakata nature resemble who the True Sith are?

Any thoughts?

There is no evidence to suggest that the Rakata are linked to the 'True Sith'. That goes for the bogus laughable 'Yuuzhan Vong=True Sith' crap theory too, there is no evidence to suggest that they are linked, or are the 'True Sith'.

But there is evidence to suggest that the 'True Sith' are the 'True Sith' and no one else. The evidence is that this terrible threat in the unknown regions is called or known as the 'True Sith'. The Rakata are the Rakata and the Yuuzhan Vong are the Yuuzhan Vong, they are completely different societies, they are not linked at all in the slightest, nothing in the KOTOR games even remotely suggests that they are the same thing or are linked.

Sorry if I appear to be rude or abrupt here, that is not my intention, I'm sure you know that the Yuuzhan Vong are not the 'True Sith' but to answer your question, no, the Rakata nature has no resemblance to who the 'True Sith' are. I know that none of us know for sure at this stage who the 'True Sith' are, but what the title does tell us is that they are 'Sith' (whether there are any surviving members of the Sith race in the 'True Sith' is also completely debatable at this stage too) but no, nothing suggests at this stage that the Rakata are linked to the 'True Sith', however, it is possible that the Rakata and the 'True Sith' are connected in some way, the devs have the power to make it that way in KOTOR III (if there is one, and if the devs decide to bring closure to the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch).

But it's impossible for the Rakata to be the 'True Sith'. Well, you've got my opinion on the matter anyway...

Edited by The Architect

Could have the Infinite Empire been in power thousands of years because of their force sensitivity that they may once have had? How did they lose their connection with the Force, if they ever had one? Did they then turn on each other coz of the DS? Or coz they didn't have a leader?

Yes they were in power for that long because of their force sensitivity and their advanced technology which fed off the force. The reason the fell was after building the Star Forge it's corrupting influence turned them on each other causing a civil war that weakened them. Then shortly after the war a plague spread through the Rakata which caused them to lose their connection to the force and made them unable to use any of their technology.

nothing suggests at this stage that the Rakata are linked to the 'True Sith', however, it is possible that the Rakata and the 'True Sith' are connected in some way, the devs have the power to make it that way in KOTOR III (if there is one, and if the devs decide to bring closure to the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch).

That's an interesting thought and something I was wondering about myself after all the Rakata did build the Star Forge a machine designed to be used by the dark side of the force. So here's my little theory weather I'm right or not we may never know. I say that maybe the Rakata built the Star Forge for the True Sith as a weapon and Revan just got there first. If this is true then maybe they built more then one or something worse and that's the threat that the True Sith pose and what Revan and the Exile went to fight.

Edited by Darth Exile

Dark Reaper seems to be Exar Kun stuff, not Ts stuff... So no, I have to say it

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Speaking about Sith... are there any Sith Lords left after the events of KOTOR2 (except for DS Revan and/or DS Exile)?

No all the Sith Lords from the first two games are dead. There could however be a new one I guess normally when one dies another one replaces him. The strongest always leads with the Sith so as long as there's still some around there's probably a Sith Lord some where. There also might be a Sith Lord of the True Sith but we won't find that out till KOTOR III

My theory is that perhaps the "True Sith" were around in the pre-republic era. Though they may originate from another galaxy in the UR, they probably came to the known universe for a short time conquering worlds like Korriban and Malachor V, but may have been driven off by the Rakatan.

Perhaps it was the True Sith who plagued the Rakatan before they left.

My theory is that perhaps the "True Sith" were around in the pre-republic era. Though they may originate from another galaxy in the UR, they probably came to the known universe for a short time conquering worlds like Korriban and Malachor V, but may have been driven off by the Rakatan.

Perhaps it was the True Sith who plagued the Rakatan before they left.

yeah i do think that maybe the Sith plagued the rakatan. Perhaps some of this got fcut in kotor 1 and maybe it will be revealed in kotorIII

I am pretty sure the Sith were actually a primitive race of alchemists native to the planet Korriban. They were conquered and enslaved by a faction of exiled Dark Jedi.

Those are the native sith species. In the current SW universe thats where the name comes from as well when the Dark Jedi conquered them. However the game clearly refers to the True Sith as an entity much more powerful than the race once lived on Korriban. Otherwise it logically does not make any sense as to why a primitive and extinct race would present such a threat. I would question where did the original Sith species of Korriban get their name from? I think the True Sith may have been their predecessors or ancestors of sorts.

Of course this is pure speculation.

Edited by Terranova

Guest The Architect
Even an Insider article that explicitly said who the True Sith are isn't enough to stop the rumor-mill.

This is so sad.

What insider article? What did this insider article say? Do you have a link?

This stupid name, "True Sith" is causing much confusion. Kreia used the word true to separate "TS" from Sith Empire's military forces and robots, that are too called as sith.

Original sith would've be much better name IMO.

Basically, there is only two possible versions of true sith.

Unlikely one: They are developed from those Dark jedi that were defeated at the end of hundred year-darkness, but did not end into Korriban and Ziost, instead they fell (with their space ships) on elsewhere in unkown regions (Known space was much smaller then, Korriban & Ziost were both parts of UR ) and created an empire there. However, I am quite sure that it is stated that all surviving dark jedi's ended up to Korriban and Ziost, and if that would not be true - which is damn unlikely - then they should not be called sith, since these dark jedi would never meet sith species and become their lords.

Likely one: As I am too lazy to rewrite (and fix typos!) I just give link to topic where is my speculation on what TS are. Link

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Read my theory :huh:

Sith species were weak before dark jedi came

Aka remnants of Old Sith Empire, as sith race melted into it as vital piece

Could have Revan & Exile gone to destroy the Superweapon aka Dark Reaper.

Ok enough of this 'Dark Reaper' crap, thats just one of those flaws in a game, just to keep it going, its one of the scenarios where it says that it was a weapon used long ago, but then cant be caterorgised within a time period, not the Exar Kun era, not the OR era or anything, the only time when we as the audience hear or see the Dark Reaper being used is in Star Wars: The Clone Wars game and game storylines as we all know are completely different to whats already set in books and movies.

And whoever said that Revan and Exile are working together as this Super, Uber, 1337 True Sith ass kicking team? Its hard to tell what the hell Revan and Exile are doing in the unknown reigions where the True Sith Empire is, we cant talk about this untill more info is given.

Think of it as this, the teachings of the True Sith, their flawless method of fully turning people to the Darkside as you say, is like whatever the hell is at Trayus, and what Revan went through as Kreia puts it, 'There are places in the Universe which are comlete evil' or whatever, evidently the taint or something else of Trayus turned Revan, which is probabally in the Unknown Regions, hence the name Unknown Regions we can talk about this as much as we want, but we truely do not know what the hell it is.

What can these True Sith have that is so dangerous for the galaxy... I mean... both Revy & Exi wiped out most of the Sith... what can there be left?

Darth Nihilius doesnt appear to be dead

Edited by Revan_Returns

I am pretty sure the Sith were actually a primitive race of alchemists native to the planet Korriban. They were conquered and enslaved by a faction of exiled Dark Jedi.

Read my theory :)

Sith species were weak before dark jedi came

I would have to agree with Xard's statement. The antecedent Sith were accustomed to performing a primitive form of alchemy. They were not yet practitioners of The Force. They were definitely Force adept and due to their potential, the fallen Dark Jedi claimed the race as slaves. Interbreeding occured after this.

Okay, to stop the speculation before it gets out of hand: in Abel G. Pena's Insider article "Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties", the True Sith were identified as the Sith species.

We already know this. As someone implied already... the sith species were pretty much a weak, primitive race they would not fit the description of Kreia's "True Sith".

Personnely I don't think the "True Sith" are Sith at all. What I think happened is that in her visions Kreia saw a group stronger in the dark side and more evil then any Sith and just assumed them to be a more powerful group of Sith.

Edited by Darth Exile

Okay, to stop the speculation before it gets out of hand: in Abel G. Pena's Insider article "Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties", the True Sith were identified as the Sith species.

We already know this. As someone implied already... the sith species were pretty much a weak, primitive race they would not fit the description of Kreia's "True Sith".

if weak and primitive is able to nearly break the republic I'd hate to see strong and advanced.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.