Saber color = what?

icebox, clearly unable to continue? Ever hear of acting? From what transpired after Anakin sliced Mace's hand, it seemed Palpatine had more than enough power to continue with his lightening attack. He even stood right up afterwards as if not even phased. Palpatines apparent "lack of energy or will to continue" was planned to help convert Anakin. Palpatine knew Anakin would save him.

I still disagree, Darth Hades. Energy is energy, Dark or Illuminous. Radiation of Light is not a requirement of energy. Energy may be available in an infinite number of forms for all we know. Additionally, the laws of Physics as we know them may not apply to other regions of the Universe, such as the Star Wars Galaxy. Anyway, here is a quick concept I created. This is more or less what I would consider to be a Black Lightsaber. In this picture you are able to see the Light as it has become attracted and eventally absorbed by the Lightsaber, providing a somewhat of a silhouette surrounding the darker energy that may be visible from certain angles. In this picture the Light is a shade of Blue.

Because it is the SW Universe, general laws of physics aren't just different, they almost dont apply at all, and the laws of energy also don't apply, which makes theories easier to create. But some base laws still apply.

It would negate the whole concept of a light saber. It would theorhetically create two opposing sources of "energy", one of light and one of dark, which in combat would go right through each other, thus being possible but not practical.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

Look forward to having a few additional darker shades of colour for lightsabers. So far, K2 only has a few. Most colours are relatively bright.

I agree, the sith need to be expressed by more than one or two lightsaber colours. I think Black (or very nearly black, like black with a hint of purple) would be cool for Sith like Nihilus who represent death and an end of the force, a good counterballance to bright colours of the Jedi representing the strength of the force.

To Darth Hades, fair point, it could have been an oversight as that is not uncomon in even the biggest of movies. I only suggested white could be for training because its the the only time i have seen a white light saber in canon SW movies :o

icebox, clearly unable to continue?  Ever hear of acting?  From what transpired after Anakin sliced Mace's hand, it seemed Palpatine had more than enough power to continue with his lightening attack.  He even stood right up afterwards as if not even phased.  Palpatines apparent "lack of energy or will to continue" was planned to help convert Anakin.  Palpatine knew Anakin would save him.

I still disagree, Darth Hades. Energy is energy, Dark or Illuminous. Radiation of Light is not a requirement of energy. Energy may be available in an infinite number of forms for all we know. Additionally, the laws of Physics as we know them may not apply to other regions of the Universe, such as the Star Wars Galaxy. Anyway, here is a quick concept I created. This is more or less what I would consider to be a Black Lightsaber. In this picture you are able to see the Light as it has become attracted and eventally absorbed by the Lightsaber, providing a somewhat of a silhouette surrounding the darker energy that may be visible from certain angles. In this picture the Light is a shade of Blue.

Because it is the SW Universe, general laws of physics aren't just different, they almost dont apply at all, and the laws of energy also don't apply, which makes theories easier to create. But some base laws still apply.

It would negate the whole concept of a light saber. It would theorhetically create two opposing sources of "energy", one of light and one of dark, which in combat would go right through each other, thus being possible but not practical.

I understand what you are implying. They are not necessarily opposing energy sources. The Black saber is more exotic or rare in the sense that it does not emit Light. It bends Light similar to that of a geodesic. Because of this, Light cannot be translated within the core of the blade, creating the appearance of a Black environment in the center mass. Also, Light cannot escape because it becomes heavily distorted at the virtual surface. Overall though, it still operates as a Lightsaber in that it slices and dices. :rolleyes:

[Then why is Obi Wans Lightsaber clearly blue (albiet dull) and Lukes White. I know the tech back then was not as advanced as todays, but there was a clear colour difference.

Lukes was never white. Now, during the Obi Wan vs. Vader duel did the blue lightsabre look white at one point, because it was filmed "from above" so to speak.

It was blue when he first activated it, and remained that way when he used it later on. Both times he had a lightsabre in his hands, it was the one of his father.

If you thought that the two lightsabres were of different colour, it must have been the different lighting. I didn't notice anything like that, though.

They used to same material for both Luke's and Obi Wan's lightsabre, they are exactly the same. They didn't add a new colour until post production of Return of the Jedi, when they thought that a blue lightsabre didn't look all that good against a blue sky.

Mace was no Jedi, he was a shadow jedi.  Remember Mace tried to kill palpatine when he had him down where he would have been able to capture him.  A real Jedi wouldn't have struck him dead unless in self defense.

Exceptions have always been made when it comes to killing.

In KOTOR 1, playing the light side canon, does killing Malak make you any less a "real" Jedi? You had to kill him for the good of the Universe. The same applies to Mace's actions towards Palpatine.

Ki-Adi Mundi was allowed by the council to have wives and children for the sake of his home planet, does that make him less a "real" Jedi?

You cling to light side ideals and would rather sacrifice the universe for blind faith.

I didn't say I supported the Jedi ideals. But if Mace is going to lecture on the jedi code then he should follow it himself. As for Malak...the PC never killed him under the same circumstances. Malak was feeding directly off of dark side energy and instead of the PC rendering Malak defeated in battle, Malak ran to regain power through the jedi. Malak died when he refused to stop attacking Revan so Revan defeated Malak in self defense leaving Malak to collapse to his death. Mace had used his lightsaber to deflect Sidious' lighting and had him pinned against the wall where he was defeated. Rather then heading Anakin's advice, Mace attempts to strike Palpatine dead when he was clearly unable to continue in battle.

I'm not so sure that Palpatine really was defeated i think he knew Anakin would not be able to let it go since he wanted to save padme. Palpatine probably felt this through the force but this is really not under the right topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Silvery green is Viridian, which might be what you are referring to. Looks slightly darker than consular green for lightsabers, but it is actually brighter than that. Silver can be obtained from Rodian vendor on Nar Shaddaa which she will have in her shop inventory after talking to her about establishing trade routes and having been through either Dantooine or Onderon. Viridian crystal is available from museum vault from Queen's palace on Onderon.

Viridian could have been Kreia's colour, although she used purple floating sabers in endgame of TSL instead.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

what about the silver or the silvery green crystals? I think you only get these colors by random.

Actually, you can purchase any color you wish from Samhan Dobo. You must first complete the Smuggling Sidequest before he will allow you to view his Black Market inventory. He is located on the West side of the Dobo Brother's Emporium, Entertainment Module 081, Telos. From Residential 082 East, go North to Entertainment Module 081. Upon entering Entertainment Module 081, save your progress in a New Slot. After you have saved your game, travel West to Samhan Dobo and ask to view his inventory. He is selling a Color Crystal for a Lightsaber. If the Color Crystal is not the one for you, press the Start button, access the in-game Options menu and load the game that you saved upon entering Entertainment Module 081. Visit Samhan Dobo and view his inventory again. You will notice that, along with other items in his inventory, the Lightsaber Color Crystal has changed. Repeat this process until the desired Color Crystal is offered.

Purple for Vaapad doesn't....doesn't seem very bright to have a crystal reflecting a form. But red does mean passion and dieing at the height of your power. :blink: Then slipping into obscurity......A bottle of Vodka for the Avi who gets that. :-"

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Purple for Vaapad doesn't....doesn't seem very bright to have a crystal reflecting a form. But red does mean passion and dieing at the height of your power. :wacko: Then slipping into obscurity......A bottle of Vodka for the Avi who gets that. :wacko:"

Purple, not really a bright colour. Might actually mean a sort of fighting style where a force user harnesses way of using saber towards darkside without becoming caught up in it, not like Palpatine.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Purple for Vaapad doesn't....doesn't seem very bright to have a crystal reflecting a form. But red does mean passion and dieing at the height of your power. :wacko: Then slipping into obscurity......A bottle of Vodka for the Avi who gets that. :-"

Purple, not really a bright colour. Might actually mean a sort of fighting style where a force user harnesses way of using saber towards darkside without becoming caught up in it, not like Palpatine.

Ok,you weren't referring to how DS powers in Kotor make a purpley.... :wacko: glow. Rather to light and darkness mixing....Lacking a grey crystal I suppose that is the best there is for a character to make a statement on his or her philosophy. Which seems to be the main reason for colour choice....

Other than a reddish glow may make one look more menacing, and blue being perdy. :)

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Ok... i don't know if this is right but its just its worth an explination.

purple = black guy?

That is offensive to me. Mace's saber symbol his light and dark powers as Vaxen pointed out.

I gave Jolee a purple saber. It suited him........... :wacko:"

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

Tend to consider Viridian as a slightly faded shade of green with a slight amount of blue in it. Relatively relaxing I suppose for calming the mind towards a slight meditative inclination.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

So my guess:

green = force mastery/profiency

blue = weapon handeling profiency

red = power, recklessness...

yellow = diplomat???

purple = black guy? jk... I honostly don't know what purple represents which totally blows away this "theory" on which people's preferences to saber color according to ability is...

orange= same as purple maybe?

Plo Koon uses a yellow (or orange) saber... thats so awsome! I love that guy. He was my first choice in Jedi Power Battles.

What? No..no...no

"For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is"

So my guess:

yellow = diplomat???

purple = black guy? jk... I honostly don't know what purple represents which totally blows away this "theory" on which people's preferences to saber color according to ability is...

Not funny man...

Green: Jedi Consular

Blue: Guardian

Red: Any Sith

Yellow: Sentinal

Purple: Focus, and Power

So my guess:

yellow = diplomat???

Not funny man...

Green: Jedi Consular

Blue: Guardian

Red: Any Sith

Yellow: Sentinal

Purple: Focus, and Power

He knows this, and if he doesn't...well....*shakes head*

"For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is"