Saber color = what?

Ok... i don't know if this is right but its just its worth an explination.

So my guess:

green = force mastery/profiency

blue = weapon handeling profiency

red = power, recklessness...

yellow = diplomat???

purple = black guy? jk... I honostly don't know what purple represents which totally blows away this "theory" on which people's preferences to saber color according to ability is...

orange= same as purple maybe?

Plo Koon uses a yellow (or orange) saber... thats so awsome! I love that guy. He was my first choice in Jedi Power Battles.

From KotOR 1:

Green: Represents the Jedi Consular

Blue: Represents the Jedi Guardian

Yellow: Represents the Jedi Sentinal

Red/Purple: Used by the bad guys :)

Cyan/Orange: Bonus colours for the PC version :D (XBox got it later)

From KotOR 1:

Red/Purple: Used by the bad guys :)

Cyan/Orange: Bonus colours for the PC version :D (XBox got it later)

mace isnt evil

my story is he was late to light saber making day and had to get the purple crystal.

Mace was no Jedi, he was a shadow jedi. Remember Mace tried to kill palpatine when he had him down where he would have been able to capture him. A real Jedi wouldn't have struck him dead unless in self defense.

iceman1731.jpg

Mace was no Jedi, he was a shadow jedi.  Remember Mace tried to kill palpatine when he had him down where he would have been able to capture him.  A real Jedi wouldn't have struck him dead unless in self defense.

Exceptions have always been made when it comes to killing.

In KOTOR 1, playing the light side canon, does killing Malak make you any less a "real" Jedi? You had to kill him for the good of the Universe. The same applies to Mace's actions towards Palpatine.

Ki-Adi Mundi was allowed by the council to have wives and children for the sake of his home planet, does that make him less a "real" Jedi?

You cling to light side ideals and would rather sacrifice the universe for blind faith.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

Yes red is the colour of Mars God of war.

Imo the others don't really seem to have any significance.Blue is pretty though as is silver and Cyan.Silver could be complete light-side.

You should be able to have the blood red crystal in K2 as an option. <_<

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I remember in the Original SW movie (Episode IV) that luke was training with a white light saber in the scene where the little floating ball shoots lasers around him. Im not sure if it was a glitch or not, but maybe white lightsabers are for training purposes (BTW that implies that there were 3 lightsabers, 1 white one, 1 that belonged to Anakin and 1 that belonged to Obi Wan,, unless he changed the crystals like KotOR :()

It was supposed to be his father's blue lightsaber. It got recolored in the DVD version, as I heard.

From KotOR 1:

Bleh. Gameplay mechanics.

Yes, they are gameplay mechanics. They mean nothing, they are just colors

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Viridian could actually be a kind of cyan shade. Looks slightly darker than a consular green, but is actually brighter.

It is a Latin word meaning green. I suppose it could mean valuing receptivity to understanding/wisdom as a priority and using combat as a form of defence rather than using it for purpose of attack/offensive ends for any LS Jedi/Prestige class.

Sounds quite like Episode V: TESB where Yoda cautions Luke in using the Force for knowledge and defence, but never for attack.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I remember in the Original SW movie (Episode IV) that luke was training with a white light saber in the scene where the little floating ball shoots lasers around him. Im not sure if it was a glitch or not, but maybe white lightsabers are for training purposes (BTW that implies that there were 3 lightsabers, 1 white one, 1 that belonged to Anakin and 1 that belonged to Obi Wan,, unless he changed the crystals like KotOR :huh:)

The reason for the whitish look has nothing to do with the crystal or training reasons, it was merely a technology flaw with the method of making a lightsaber "glow" for the film. At the time of the orignal filming, the lightsaber blades rotated with a motor in the hilt and were covered in reflecting tape to create the effect. It relied on a light being shown on the blade during filming and caused a reflection towards the camera. It wasnt until the editors could do quality compositing layers on the film to make more defined colors. Even Vader's red saber was a bit "dull" in the original.

Generally Ep. 4 was a "dark" film lighting wise, which was required to enhance the "glow" of a light saber from the reflection.

wookiedance.gif

Here are the colors I would choose if I had a choice:

Cerulean Blue

Vermillion Red

Jade Green

Black

I would expect a Black Lightsaber to resemble an intense shadow or perhaps a complete void of matter alltogether, consuming Light instead of projecting it.

Black would not be possible. Do you know of a Black crystal? Even if they existed, black crystals would be too opaque and lack the clarity to create a focused beam. Putting a black crystal in a saber would be the same as putting water into a car's gas tank.

wookiedance.gif

Cerulean Blue

Vermillion Red

Jade Green

Black

I would expect a Black Lightsaber to resemble an intense shadow or perhaps a complete void of matter alltogether, consuming Light instead of projecting it. We could call it the Darksaber.

For me, it seems that

Green = Counsellor/Diplomat (Yoda, Luke Skywalker both were giving advice as masters of Jedi Academy). Powerful in the force.

Red = 1) Sith/Dark Jedi.

2) Brute force, Aggressive Moves and/or intensive use of the darker emotions

Yellow = Investigators/Detectives, a bit cautious with everything, quick to action when its needed.

Blue = Relying on Physical skill supplemented by force powers. Athletic and fast.

Purple = Focused on technique, usually physically quite strong.

But there are always exceptions. I can always take a green saber and strike down with brute force hundreds of enemies. The ultimate choice lies on the wielder of the weapon, not the color of the lightsaber.

Edited by Accelerator

Yes, they are gameplay mechanics. They mean nothing, they are just colors

It wasnt *Fixed* that all consulars must us green etc, but it represents the status of a Consular, as that is what the Jedi Master historian says (forgot his name now, the old black guy stanfing next to Vandar)

I remember in the Original SW movie (Episode IV) that luke was training with a white light saber in the scene where the little floating ball shoots lasers around him. Im not sure if it was a glitch or not, but maybe white lightsabers are for training purposes (BTW that implies that there were 3 lightsabers, 1 white one, 1 that belonged to Anakin and 1 that belonged to Obi Wan,, unless he changed the crystals like KotOR :huh:)

The reason for the whitish look has nothing to do with the crystal or training reasons, it was merely a technology flaw with the method of making a lightsaber "glow" for the film. At the time of the orignal filming, the lightsaber blades rotated with a motor in the hilt and were covered in reflecting tape to create the effect. It relied on a light being shown on the blade during filming and caused a reflection towards the camera. It wasnt until the editors could do quality compositing layers on the film to make more defined colors. Even Vader's red saber was a bit "dull" in the original.

Generally Ep. 4 was a "dark" film lighting wise, which was required to enhance the "glow" of a light saber from the reflection.

Then why is Obi Wans Lightsaber clearly blue (albiet dull) and Lukes White. I know the tech back then was not as advanced as todays, but there was a clear colour difference.

Cerulean Blue

Vermillion Red

Jade Green

Black

I would expect a Black Lightsaber to resemble an intense shadow or perhaps a complete void of matter alltogether, consuming Light instead of projecting it.

Black would not be possible. Do you know of a Black crystal? Even if they existed, black crystals would be too opaque and lack the clarity to create a focused beam. Putting a black crystal in a saber would be the same as putting water into a car's gas tank.

Good point, Darth Hades. Technically, a Lightsaber is not a Laser. It is impossible for a Laser emission to stop midstream. A Lightsaber does not rely solely on Optics. The Lightsaber is a tool capable of projecting a highly focused arrangement of energy. The illuminating effect may be a result of the energy archetype chosen originally. Given these parameters, it should be possible to define a dark or light variance of energy when constructing a Lightsaber. Though, a Black Lightsaber may require more than just a Black Color Crystal. Perhaps an alternative Energy Cell.

Then why is Obi Wans Lightsaber clearly blue (albiet dull) and Lukes White. I know the tech back then was not as advanced as todays, but there was a clear colour difference.

Could have been an editing oversight during post production. Infact it very well may have been white on purpose, but there is no special meaning behind it, it doesn't symbolize training levels or any of that nonsense.

Either way, I was basically paraphrasing what Lucas and various people said during the special features on the newest SW trilogy DVD collection.

to Exar Kun, it may be possible to use a black crystal, but not to the extent that it would consume/absorb light rather than project it. The concept of a black saber may be "cool", but its not practical, it would not look good on film or in a game.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

Mace was no Jedi, he was a shadow jedi.  Remember Mace tried to kill palpatine when he had him down where he would have been able to capture him.  A real Jedi wouldn't have struck him dead unless in self defense.

Exceptions have always been made when it comes to killing.

In KOTOR 1, playing the light side canon, does killing Malak make you any less a "real" Jedi? You had to kill him for the good of the Universe. The same applies to Mace's actions towards Palpatine.

Ki-Adi Mundi was allowed by the council to have wives and children for the sake of his home planet, does that make him less a "real" Jedi?

You cling to light side ideals and would rather sacrifice the universe for blind faith.

I didn't say I supported the Jedi ideals. But if Mace is going to lecture on the jedi code then he should follow it himself. As for Malak...the PC never killed him under the same circumstances. Malak was feeding directly off of dark side energy and instead of the PC rendering Malak defeated in battle, Malak ran to regain power through the jedi. Malak died when he refused to stop attacking Revan so Revan defeated Malak in self defense leaving Malak to collapse to his death. Mace had used his lightsaber to deflect Sidious' lighting and had him pinned against the wall where he was defeated. Rather then heading Anakin's advice, Mace attempts to strike Palpatine dead when he was clearly unable to continue in battle.

iceman1731.jpg

to Exar Kun, it may be possible to use a black crystal, but not to the extent that it would consume/absorb light rather than project it.  The concept of a black saber may be "cool", but its not practical, it would not look good on film or in a game.

I still disagree, Darth Hades. Energy is energy, Dark or Illuminous. Radiation of Light is not a requirement of energy. Energy may be available in an infinite number of forms for all we know. Additionally, the laws of Physics as we know them may not apply to other regions of the Universe, such as the Star Wars Galaxy. Anyway, here is a quick concept I created. This is more or less what I would consider to be a Black Lightsaber. In this picture you are able to see the Light as it has become attracted and eventally absorbed by the Lightsaber, providing a somewhat of a silhouette surrounding the darker energy that may be visible from certain angles. In this picture the Light is a shade of Blue.

post-16842-1152782623_thumb.jpg

Look forward to having a few additional darker shades of colour for lightsabers. So far, K2 only has a few. Most colours are relatively bright.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧