Help... force sight not working

could be a bug

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Get a better video-card...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I've never found a use for it. It does look cool the first time you try it out; I suppose you could try to use it as some kind of oddball strategy method but...no, I don't think it's useful.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On a related note, I have gotten it before, but it seems useless at that point of the game.

Can anyone vouch for it being useful at all?

Actually, yes, in the tunnels of the Jekk Jekk Tarr it allows you to see through the doors to where the mines are placed (and to follow them in the right direction without stumbling around). It also lets you identify Atris' malfunction. Other than that I haven't experimented with it much.

On a related note, I have gotten it before, but it seems useless at that point of the game.

Can anyone vouch for it being useful at all?

Actually, yes, in the tunnels of the Jekk Jekk Tarr it allows you to see through the doors to where the mines are placed (and to follow them in the right direction without stumbling around). It also lets you identify Atris' malfunction. Other than that I haven't experimented with it much.

Personally I never had any trouble in the Jekk Jekk Tar. The first time I played I walked right through it with-out having to backtrack once. And really its simple, just stick to the right for a bit, then go straight and you come right out on the other side.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Personally I never had any trouble in the Jekk Jekk Tar. The first time I played I walked right through it with-out having to backtrack once. And really its simple, just stick to the right for a bit, then go straight and you come right out on the other side.

I agree, as obligatory maze puzzles go, this one was pretty simple. Obsidian probably knows many RPG players don't appreciate mazes. But it is a use for Force Sight.

The tunnels were above all else, easier than all hell. You walk in, either head all the way left and then right or all the way right and then left. If anyone ever had trouble with the maze...you may be disabled.

What the hell is Atris' "malfunction"?

wookiedance.gif

You can use Force Sight on Peragus. Just look at things first person with Kreia

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords-20040913024332835.jpg

Force Sight: Allows perceivability of alignment types for light side, dark side and neutrally aligned sentients.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

At least we don't really need to see through clothes.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

So far as getting it late in the game is concerned -- Visas has it by default, no (you need to have her selected and be in the first person mode)? She is physically blind and only sees through the Force. And you encounter her fairly early.

Obviously it is most useful indoors, and only serves scouting purposes. I remember using it to glimpse behind the a door on Nar Shaddaa that I could not normally open (Mira's quarters, where (AFAIR) she dumps the Exile after gassing him and where the Exile meets Zez-Kai Ell later on).

Wow Nihilius and Sion must be uber red

oh and for the graphics thing, just ajust the settings in options ajust so that they are optimal for your hardware

and concerning the jek jek tar thing, the trick is to keep going through the left doors, and when there isnt just go forwards

Forgot to answer the actual question. :(

So far as emulating pixel shader capabilities is concerned (which I believe KOTOR/II need for "framebuffer effects", including Force Seeing), 3D-Analyze (www.tommti-systems.com) might work -- then again, it might not. Other things to try are OpenGL -> DirectX wrappers such as Scitech GLDirect (and Mesa3D upon which it is based).

Finally, you might try to exploit the fact that both ATi and nVidia use the same set of driver files on newer and older video cards. There is code, therefore, that checks for video board models and enables certain OpenGL extensions on some boards, but not others. I have also heard that at least some nVidia boards do pixel shaders in software, so there is probably code in the drivers to allow pixel shader support even on older boards, but it is disabled for performance reasons. Thus, if you know how to use appropriate tools, you can try disassembling the drivers and then locating the code responsible for adding certain OpenGL extensions (I'm not sure which) to the master extension string. You could then hex edit the drivers (probably just changing the conditional jumps to unconditional) to enable these extensions and associated functions on your board.

Of course, you run the risk of blue screening your system by doing so, and even if it works, there is no guarantee that the effects will be displayed as they were intended to.

Edited by Pa3PyX