Do you want a new combat system?

Do you want a new combat system  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a new combat system

• Yes
    • No

There are times I want just a good ol' cinematic-esque lightsaber battle without having to stop and worry about force powers (ie, Atris, Traya)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I like current one

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

How would they change the combat system for KotOR 2?  If you are talking about KotOR 3 that is unsubstantiated rumor and should be ignored.  Lets deal  with facts, not rumors and stupid speculation.

The Darkside is strong in this one. Much anger.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hardly. I am just sick of dealing with useless speculation.

Fact: Lucas Arts was working on KotOR 3 in house but that project was canceled and th staff fired. END OF DISCUSSION.

Until we get official comfirmation from Lucas Arts and Obsidian are working on KotOR 3 there is no point in discussing and speculating about it.

For what exactly?

Current combat system of course. More animations would be nice, otherwise it is excellent. It does not rock, but it beats many other combat systems.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I think the combat system could use some upgrades in the next installment. Mostly though, I think the game needs great improvement in the areas of:

Cinematics/Cutscenes

Particle Effects

Lighting

Textures

Bump Mapping

Character Movement

Character Involvement/Interactivity

Character Detail

Level/Environment Interactivity

Level/Environment Detail

Environmental Physics

Environmental Sounds

GUI/Menus

GUI/Menu Interactivity

Toggle Third/First Person Perspectives

No need to do that list Exar Kun. Kotor 3 will be next gen game, likely (or should I say surely) for Xbox 360 and PC.

This means they'll use much better and new engine, maybe their hyped Electron that'll be used in NWN 2

Yeah it is, but most of us (well not you, it seems :p ) wants to see how storyline will end in Kotor 3 (If it won't...there'll be some casualities ;) ), what happens to Revan, Exile, True Sith etc.

But yeah, useless speculation

I feel the old system is fine i dont want it to be like jedi acadmey fighting system which was cool at first but later was boring. And Xard is my new singature better

lol

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

I am mainly hoping for some serious PS3 hardware utilization.

Why? Kotor serie is Xbox serie, not Playstation one

Wanna place bet that it'll be Playstation 3 series, lol :lol: Actually, Playstation 3 and Xbox are after all Sony hyping quite equal

I kinda like the old system, but I'll agree with an earlier post that said they would kinda like a more cinimatic battle. I agree there, sometimes I would like to fight a little more "hands on" battle.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg