Your destruction as a DS character

I was at one thread about what planets you are wanting to see the most. Then I ran across a reply from Craftsman saying "I bet theres the option of re destroying the world.". He said that in regards of what a previous reply said about Dantooine.

But that got me to thinking, what are going to be some of the evil things we'll be able to do in TSL? Didn't the devs say that they are trying to make the DS options more sinister rather then thuggish or bullyish?

In KOTOR I did some pretty evil things but I didn't have that....sense of power. Like Darth Sidious or Darth Vader. Being Revan that added more cause I knew how evil my background was.

But as for the evil things we can do in TSL, do you really think they'll be things like destroying a planet? Even besides that, how far do you think Obsidian is going to let us go in terms of DS evil actions. Cause remember they did say that it won't be as thuggish like letting someone die cause you didn't give them a cure or making a whole two groups of family kill themselves cause of....instigating.

Hell would there be a part in the game where you can kill one of your party members cause they didn't capitolize on a ceratin task? Vader style. "You have failed me for the last time...."

What are your thoughts?

I was at one thread about what planets you are wanting to see the most. Then I ran across a reply from Craftsman saying "I bet theres the option of re destroying the world.". He said that in regards of what a previous reply said about Dantooine.

But that got me to thinking, what are going to be some of the evil things we'll be able to do in TSL? Didn't the devs say that they are trying to make the DS options more sinister rather then thuggish or bullyish?

In KOTOR I did some pretty evil things but I didn't have that....sense of power. Like Darth Sidious or Darth Vader. Being Revan that added more cause I knew how evil my background was.

But as for the evil things we can do in TSL, do you really think they'll be things like destroying a planet? Even besides that, how far do you think Obsidian is going to let us go in terms of DS evil actions. Cause remember they did say that it won't be as thuggish like letting someone die cause you didn't give them a cure or making a whole two groups of family kill themselves cause of....instigating.

Hell would there be a part in the game where you can kill one of your party members cause they didn't capitolize on a ceratin task? Vader style.

What are your thoughts?

i totally agree mate, i would love to do things "vader style" and he has got style mwahahahaha :ph34r: :)

the devs did say that i think.

and yes i felt exactley the same about the sense of power :)

If Obsidian lets me blow up a planet, I shall name my first child in their honor.

Then he/she will track them down years later and kill them all for the suffering and abuse he/she faced as a child.

(BTW, that's another example of an insidious Dark Side plot rather than a thuggish one.) :)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Hell would there be a part in the game where you can kill one of your party members cause they didn't capitolize on a ceratin task? Vader style. "You have failed me for the last time...."

What are your thoughts?

Yep, i agree on that one.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If Obsidian lets me blow up a planet, I shall name my first child in their honor.

Then he/she will track them down years later and kill them all for the suffering and abuse he/she faced as a child.

(BTW, that's another example of an insidious Dark Side plot rather than a thuggish one.) :rolleyes:

:D :D :D Good one Ivan

I think it would be awsome to torture and even kill your party members for their failures.

PC: Atton you have stolen Kreia's vibrating pink lightsaber for the last time!

Atton: *Choke* *Snap*

PC: Take him away.

Also I would like to be able to torture my NPC's into turning to the Dark side. This would be a great feat for the Sith Lord class IMO. More devious ways of manipulating people in TSL would be a welcome change as well. Some of these clever manipulations should pay off in the long run and not just immediately like they did in KOTOR.

Cheers!

We do not condone the murder of planets in K2. I mean, hasn't there been enough death? Hasn't there been enough destruction?

I have to agree with you on that one. :rolleyes:

Didn't they also say that destruction would be more on a personal level than on a large scale level?

Did you just agree with yourself quoting an unnamed person?

Hell would there be a part in the game where you can kill one of your party members cause they didn't capitolize on a ceratin task? Vader style.

What are your thoughts?

i totally agree mate, i would love to do things "vader style" and he has got style mwahahahaha :ph34r: :rolleyes:

It'd be cool is you could actually force choke somebody if they aren't talking and you hear then choke like in the movies and stuff. Thus avoiding a battle with a more sinister way. Or even force choking them and throwing them against a wall. Let them go and interogate them some more or something.

Evolutionary Development

What are your thoughts?

i totally agree mate, i would love to do things "vader style" and he has got style mwahahahaha :ph34r: :)

It'd be cool is you could actually force choke somebody if they aren't talking and you hear then choke like in the movies and stuff. Thus avoiding a battle with a more sinister way. Or even force choking them and throwing them against a wall. Let them go and interogate them some more or something.

Man, I can just see the possibility of Persuade/Force Persuade/Choke.

The most sinister thing the first game allowed us to do was to kill our party members. Killing Mission and Zaalbar was really the epitome of your evil deeds, whereas everything else reminded me of your typical bully. You were never given the option to usurp power or anything dramatic. And since you had nothing more than your party, nothing grand was possible. You were never given some grand "take over the galaxy plans".

It would be great if as a Sith you are given the option of formulating multiple game long plans to achieve your ends. The multiple plans will help replay value. As well as short sub-plot schemes that leave a mark on the game in a long term dynamic manner.

The most sinister thing the first game allowed us to do was to kill our party members. Killing Mission and Zaalbar was really the epitome of your evil deeds, whereas everything else reminded me of your typical bully. You were never given the option to usurp power or anything dramatic. And since you had nothing more than your party, nothing grand was possible. You were never given some grand "take over the galaxy plans".

It would be great if as a Sith you are given the option of formulating multiple game long plans to achieve your ends. The multiple plans will help replay value. As well as short sub-plot schemes that leave a mark on the game in a long term dynamic manner.

That's all good, but the bottom line is "grand evil", not bullying and mindless killing.

Yes, exactly. If you had a plan to "take over" anything from the start of the game, as a Sith ofcourse, you would have to move things forward throughout game until you realize your ultimate goal.

It's kinda hard to think of ideas for good darksided things to do that aren't thuggish. Among the good ones that come to mind:

*Misleading people, convincing them to do evil things (such as telling a kid to run away from their parents by making them think their parents hate them).

*Gently blackmailing people. ("Well Mr.Senator, I'd be more than happy to make sure the public never hears of your trying to contract an assassin to kill that Sith mole (NOTE: An upstanding member of the community, but is really working for the Sith.), but first I need a little measure (NOTE: Bad for the Republic.) to pass...")

*Taking slaves.

*Encouraging bigotry and hatred.

*Secretly hurting others so they have to come to you asking for aid (and they don't know it's you harming them, either).

Generally things to make all the Sith academy people look like total brutish n00Bz with no imagination or drive for power.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Dude, do you really have to quote my entire post just to respond to the last line?

Anyway, I want to be able to be cruel to the lightsided members of my party. Like, if there's a Missionish character in the party, I want to be able to terrify her into submission to my evil. That would be truly dark.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

What are your thoughts?

or you could threaten your party members and you can use choke on them when thet fail, and when they're about to die you let go, and if you party members leave you can go after them or send your party members on them or even put a bounty on there head so they can die! ;)

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I want to be able to turn my party members to evil characters and those who resist or dont want to join me to kill.

and in the ending i want my evil henchmen beside me.

i was very dissapointed when i finished KOTOR with DS and didnt see Canderous as the new admiral of the Sith fleet.