HELP!!!

I've been looking around for a solution tho this problem, but just can't find it...

When I run this game it clocks my comp out at 100% until crash. (KOTOR ll)

I am running a AMD 4400 Duel core with Nvidia 6800XT, 2g of RAM. When I open the game I get the "We made this game" screens but when I get to the menu it just goes black, with the exception of the cursor. Which moves very laggily. I can click and a couple seconds later the nw game screens comes up with a pick a character but it is lagging so bad that I have trouble picking a character in under two minutes. Which can be a real downer during actual game play. I am convenced that it has to do with compatibilty problems. After all I don't think that the game was made for a 64bit processor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are frequent issues with Kotor2 & dual-core systems; some people have been able to solve them, sometimes not. Here's one person's recent solution:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=42312&hl=

Further searching of the forums may find other past threads on the topic, if that doesn't work/apply for you. Luck.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts