Baldur's Gate 2 resolution problem

For some reason when i'm playing above 1024x768, all the menus are 640x480. This is really annoying, since i just got a new monitor that supports resolutions up to 1600x1200. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Some pics:

how did you set the game resolution and refresh rates for bg2? we always gotta does manual... go into ini. and looks for the Resolution and Display Frequency lines under the Program Options portion and alter so that they match your monitor's display settings.

if that not help then we got no idea.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

For some reason when i'm playing above 1024x768, all the menus are 640x480. This is really annoying, since i just got a new monitor that supports resolutions up to 1600x1200. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Some pics:

how did you set the game resolution and refresh rates for bg2? we always gotta does manual... go into ini. and looks for the Resolution and Display Frequency lines under the Program Options portion and alter so that they match your monitor's display settings.

if that not help then we got no idea.

HA! Good Fun!

Display is at 1600 and Frequency at 60, which are correct as far as I know.

I am not surprised about the higher resolution problems. Normally I just play it at default levels. Your best bet is to post this problem on the Bioware forums in case you haven't done so. Usually menu systems in the older games such as the runs using the Infinity Engine the resolution for menu items are set to a maximum value and do not go beyond that because the graphics just aren't there and it cannot be scaled past a certain point.

You may need top return tot he lower settings or modify the menu graphics yourself so they can fit the higher resolution.

Hi >_<

Did you try going into the Configuration menu --- and changing the resulution to 1024X768 (or something similar) ---

Note, however, that these modes in BG2 are unsupported...

aries101

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/