Call Of Duty

rokor

Uplifting, movie-like and of fair lenght for an FPS.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

COD 2 ROCKS!!!! okay i was just bored so i thought that i might see what your take on COD 2 is

Multiplayer options suck and what's up with only eight people? I hardly call that a war.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I lost all interest when I discovered that I could just run blindly into machinegun fire and still kill every jerry in the house.

Now Red Orchestra.. that's the best WW2 shooter Ive played

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I lost all interest when I discovered that I could just run blindly into machinegun fire and still kill every jerry in the house.

Now Red Orchestra.. that's the best WW2 shooter Ive played

I haven't been able to do that since I started playing on the hardest difficulty setting. You pop your head out of the trench on the first American mission without throwing smoke grenades first and you instantly get targetted by three MG-42's. <_<

I had a lot of fun with the game, but some of those British missions are so very infuriating and isn't helped by the fact that the Thompson with it's 20 round clip sucks more than any other weapon in the game. I never played the first CoD so that might have improved my outlook on CoD2 somewhat as I hadn't seen everything before...

Do the enemies "hit points" increase aswell or can you still take out a jerry with a single rifle shot on the hard setting? Im so used to FPS doing it like that, and I hate enemies that dont die when I hit them.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

They're harder to kill, but not because of hitpoints. They can actually shoot at higher difficulties.

Craig, the PC version has 64 players, the 360 version sucks.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Bleh, none of the games today have the ferocity of Unreal Tournament Instagib. Still playing it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Unreal Tournament Instagib.

drooling.gif

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Bleh, none of the games today have the ferocity of Unreal Tournament Instagib. Still playing it.

man we need the porta porter back

you know... back in the day? with the ability to telefrag at any time?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

man we need the porta porter back

you know... back in the day? with the ability to telefrag at any time?

Hell, there were even "translocator-only"-maps back in the day.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The original COD and expansion pack (United Offensive) were fluffy awesome...but COD2 leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

It looks great, but it's definitely a console port - the multiplayer maps on the PC version are so small that frequently you die from nade spam before you can even get started, plus some of the weapon sounds are aweful compared to the original. They also removes sprinting, portable LMGs and vehicles which were part of what made UO so fun.

Guess I won't be playing COD3 since it is a console exclusive, which is a bit of a shame seeing as IW wouldn't be anywhere today without the PC players that made the COD series a hit in the first place.

Given that there have been other console exclusive COD games, I'd be surprised if they decided to just stop making the ones for the PC as well.

According to IGN there is a PC COD game in the development.

Edited by alanschu

The original COD and expansion pack (United Offensive) were fluffy awesome...but COD2 leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

It looks great, but it's definitely a console port - the multiplayer maps on the PC version are so small that frequently you die from nade spam before you can even get started, plus some of the weapon sounds are aweful compared to the original. They also removes sprinting, portable LMGs and vehicles which were part of what made UO so fun.

Guess I won't be playing COD3 since it is a console exclusive, which is a bit of a shame seeing as IW wouldn't be anywhere today without the PC players that made the COD series a hit in the first place.

I don't think it's console exclusive.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I play CoD 2 at least once a week. The audio in the game is amazing as are many of the visuals. The only complaint I have about the game is the way a person generates health. It's only a half complaint though because I don't really dislike it. I'm more neutral.

As for people saying it's too easy: Play on a harder difficulty setting. It is my firm belief that every game should be played on Normal or Hard(er). Otherwise you might as well just run through with God Mode on.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

The Call of Duty for PC will be focused on mondern day combat only and will be PC exclusive. Fighting terrorists and the like. The one that comes out for consoles will be another WWII game, focusing on the landings in Normandy. The Russian campaign has been replaced with Canadian and Polish campaigns ( :mellow: ) and a brand new hand to hand combat feature will be added.

The Call of Duty for PC will be focused on mondern day combat only and will be PC exclusive. Fighting terrorists and the like. The one that comes out for consoles will be another WWII game, focusing on the landings in Normandy. The Russian campaign has been replaced with Canadian and Polish campaigns ( :mellow: ) and a brand new hand to hand combat feature will be added.

Canadian campaigns :(

I would like to see more of the beaches at normandy rather than parachuting like every yuppie in the games.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Brothers in Arms in focusing on Market Garden, not D-Day (that was covered in the first two games). Medal of Honor will have a number of airborne missions, all of which begin with you dropping behind enemy lines. Medal of Honor will probably be the most open ended FPS to date.

But I'd like to hit the beaches at Normandy too, but only if it is done right. I'm kind of sick of those doors opening and everyone just charging foward. People tend to forget that when you got out of your boat, you were part of a sqaud. You were being ordered around, or giving orders. It wasn't just a free for all up the beach, dodging MG42 fire and blowing up bunkers.