the Darkness

Anyone else looking forward to this game? Starbreeze, the developer of the impressive shooter/stealth/rpg hybrid in Chronicles of Riddick looks to impress with the Darkness. Set in a dark urban landscape akin to Bloodlines with the best texture creaters in the biz, the game just oozes quality. So I guess the gameplay will be similar to Riddick, which is fine by me, with the added super powers and those evil little creatures on your side.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/720/720...mg_3561528.html

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/720/720...mg_3555576.html

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/720/720...mg_3555564.html

The comic is rather horrible and it's a licence game for gods sake!

Colour me uninterested.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Starbreeze are swedes, ther are people from my uni working and doing internships there.

But console = loose.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Starbreeze are great, they make entertaining and good-looking 3rd person swording games, but the freaking Darkness spawned from Witchblade and Spawn? No thank you.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Well I never watched the Riddick movies, nor do I ever want to but the game was one of the best experiences I've had from start to finish. Incredibly solid gameplay. So I expect no less here and I've never read the Darkness comics and wont hold anything against it. The game looks to be coming along well. I'll just have to be getting that 360 thingy.

Keeping in mind that Riddick was a really damned solid game, based on a not so good movie license.

It'd be unfair to immediately have bias against the game having never played it. Why do you guys think licensed games suck? People expect them to, the media expects them to, and publishers expect them to; the latter being the primary reason, since they aren't exactly going to pump funds into a doomed title.

If it's a good game, we'll see from the reviews.

I'm going to eat these words...I just know it...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I don't think all licensed games suck, I just think that being a licensed game made from a horrible comic is not a good combination.

kirottu said:

MOST licensed game suck because theyre really just part of the marketing for the real product.

Now this game seems more like Starbreeze bent a real game to fit a franchise just to keep the publishers happy, since they're convinced even a crap brand name will sell more than an original IP (which is a misconception)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I would say most licensed games from movies suck, but some of the best games I've played came from licensed products. Heck, every D&D game is coming from a license.

Now "Chronicles of Riddick: Butcher Bay" is largely regarded as on of the best uses for a movie license, so that alone will keep me interested in their next game.

I would say most licensed games from movies suck, but some of the best games I've played came from licensed products.  Heck, every D&D game is coming from a license.

Ok, we should differentiate between a franchise game(The DaVinci code game) and a licensed game ( NWN2 )