Massive doping scandal hits the Tour de France

kumquatq3

First the Italian soccer team now this:

STRASBOURG, France (AP) -- A major doping scandal threw the first Tour de France of the post-Lance Armstrong era into chaos Friday, with favorites Jan Ullrich and Ivan Basso forced out of the world's premier cycling race under a cloud of suspicion.

Some in cycling hailed the decision to bar them and other riders implicated in a doping probe in Spain as a breakthrough for efforts to clean up the oft-tainted sport. The scandal could rank as cycling's biggest, given the high profile of the riders and the large number suspected.

The Tour, already wide open without Armstrong, will now begin on Saturday with no clear favorite to succeed the Texan who retired last year after his record seventh straight win. The race will also have a reduced field of 176 riders, instead of the 189 originally expected, because teams agreed not to replace those riders being sent home for suspected doping.

LINK

:)

and just to head the inevitable off at the pass, Lance Armstrong faced the toughest drug testing in the world for 7 Tour de France's. He was tested before, after, and during races. Passed everytime. If you want to say you think he took drugs, thats fine, just don't say there is any evidence to support your case.

Edited by kumquatq3

He's got a bigger heart....literally. That's all. He's got a biological, natural edge.

And seriously now, who cares all that much about cycling? :ermm:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

"When will you Euros learn to play fair?"

-When I look what's going on in the MLB and elsewhere in the states your statement is a  joke.... :ermm:"

The point of the thread is to point out the hypocrisy of statements like those I made in the title being used against US athletes specifically.

I do stuff like this alot.

-When I look what's going on in the MLB and elsewhere in the states your statement is a  joke.... :ermm:"

The point of the thread is to point out the hypocrisy of statements like those I made in the title being used against US athletes specifically.

And the internet never gets them. :)

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

You know, it is a little wierd.

"Lets watch guys in spandex ride their bikes around France!"

I can understand watching it on TV, indeed I followed it two or three years when I was a student. What I don't get is people who go out and watch it live. You wait for three hours, then the riders whoosh by in a couple of seconds, then presumably you go home. Any excuse to lie around in the sun and drink, perhaps, but at least with a cricket match there is something going on that you can watch.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

He's got a bigger heart....literally. That's all. He's got a biological, natural edge.

And seriously now, who cares all that much about cycling? :)

The French and I guess the Spanish.

You know, it is a little wierd.

"Lets watch guys in spandex ride their bikes around France!"

Hoo Ha!

-When I look what's going on in the MLB and elsewhere in the states your statement is a  joke.... :p"

You should see football.

-When I look what's going on in the MLB and elsewhere in the states your statement is a  joke.... :-"

Bravo.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf