Bassillisk War droid?

Is it really a droid? It looked more like a ship to me. A droid is a robot with a mind of it's own, the Bassillisk (sp?) clearly looked to be flown by the exile and Canderous. Am I the only one who this confuses?

iceman1731.jpg

same thing as the "Vulture Droids" in the episode 1-3 movies, they are droids, but dont funtion enough unless they have a skilled pilot i assume. also, i think that it might of been mandalorian schematics to build a ship as powerful as it, but then they must of died out or w/e and the CIS found them and yeh episode one comes into view :ph34r:

"The basilisk war droid version presented in K2 was an intentional departure from the ones presented in Tales of the Jedi, and we are happy, because frankly, those look really stupid. This is much the same reason that many of the designs in K1 are a departure from the ship designs in TOJ, and with good reason. So yes, the basilisk droid version was an intentional depature from the older models, and we take full responsibility. It is noteworthy that LucasArts and LucasFilm agreed with our decision on the first pass, much as they agreed with the decisions made with K1's look."

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The continuity form is a beast looking droid. The game stole a ships from other EU material for use in the game, because they thought the beast form looked stupid.

However continuity still goes with the Beast form. Even as much as continuieing to have it's version again in the New Essential Guide to Droids. Not even a mention of a possible version of the one in KOTOR 2 is found in the article in the book for the Basilisk.

And a fact for those who want to know more about Basilisk. The Mandalorians love their Basilisk so much, that if one is banged up to where is can't be repaired the Mandalorians will have funeral for it, and then send it off in to the systems son.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

There is no such thing as continuity in this case.

The guide can say all it wants, if LucasArts has agreed to the KOTOR 2 version of it, than that one is part of canon. As all parts of the EU are equal, only under the movies and everything that belongs to them, a guide doesn't top a game, nor the other way round.

The guide can say all it wants, if LucasArts has agreed to the KOTOR 2 version of it, than that one is part of canon. As all parts of the EU are equal, only under the movies and everything that belongs to them, a guide doesn't top a game, nor the other way round.

Exactly.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Yes, clearly you know nothing of Star Wars continuity. What is in a game is not always continuity. Stuff like game mechanics and designs for things. Oh, and I'm sorry to say but Guides do hold more power over games in the department of already established continuity, as is with the Basilisk. Every source that has come out since the game, has the BEAST, and every source from the future on will have the beast. LFL might have agreed with the Basilisk model for the game, but that doesn't mean anything to continuity. Clearly continuity is sticking with the Beast, because that is what the Basilisk War Droid is.

Taris in the KOTOR comics doesn't look like the one in the game. The Valley of the Dark Lords in both games is not the actual Valley. The Valley is how you see it in the comics. However there was an artist for the KOTOR comic in tales who actually made bits of the game version continuity. However it was tweaked to fit more in line for the actual continuity verson. For instance the comic makes a brand new version of Sadows tomb, which would be more accurate for the EU. Thus that version holds more then the one in the game.

Clearly you will disagree, but I know I'm right. I shall enjoy laughing at your rebuke.

Bla bla bla bla.

"The basilisk war droid version presented in K2 was an intentional departure from the ones presented in Tales of the Jedi, and we are happy, because frankly, those look really stupid. This is much the same reason that many of the designs in K1 are a departure from the ship designs in TOJ, and with good reason. So yes, the basilisk droid version was an intentional depature from the older models, and we take full responsibility. It is noteworthy that LucasArts and LucasFilm agreed with our decision on the first pass, much as they agreed with the decisions made with K1's look."

fraid not. LFL or Lucas Arts decision when coming to games is not always EQUAL. As it with the Basilisk. The Virago is just a place holder, much like the Valley of the Dark Lords in both games.

then again, I'm the one who should be saying, bla,bla, bla. Because you have no idea what your talking about in terms of continuity.

Why do I get a sense of Deja-Vu reading this thread ? :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I believe this thread is done. One conversation about good old canon and EU is enough.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester