So, the NWN2 question everyone's got

Atreides

Possibly. Whatever they do with faces and hair, I hope it's a bit more like The Sims and not too much like Oblivion where everyone has a really bad face rash, especially below the nose. For all the customisability of Oblivion, the hair was a real pain - apart from two or three options, I'm sure the other styles would bug me as I played, as I play with the third-person view on.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Will afros be in the game?  I'd play a elvish bard if they had afros and the pimp walk.

Maybe a drow.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Castro-styled beards? (and the hat)

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I would like to be able to choose from a few different height scales, so I can have a short character who isn't a stocky dwarf model.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sawyer said scaling is not in the character creation screen, I think i saw it on one of my nwn2news catchup sprees.

That sucks.. wouldn't that be easy to do?..

Would be awesome to get some more diversity in PW enviroment atleast.. don't impact the OC much I guess but.. being of diffrent height than others in a PW would be cool.. without having to make a halfling or something..

What do you want?.. blink.gif

I don't think they're particular concerned about PWs. Depending on what source you read, the game was never designed with them in mind (their words, not mine).

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

They would only be able to allow 10% scaling or something in any case, or things would go wrong (equipment, animations, possibly even spellcasting)

It'd still be nice to see in a game. I understand it'd probably be too time-extensive or something to implement like I'd wish, even if it was planned from the start. :shifty:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"I don't think they're particular concerned about PWs."

PWs mattering or not mattering depends on the day of the month, and their mood. :p

As for hair... why do people worry so much about this... How your character's model looks like seems like soemthing silly to worry about since it means nothing. It's not like the NPCs are gonna react to your funky or plain hairdo, anyways. :rolleyes:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As for hair... why do people worry so much about this... How your character's model looks like seems like soemthing silly to worry about since it means nothing. It's not like the NPCs are gonna react to your funky or plain hairdo, anyways. :-

I wouldn't say I cared about it as much as story or dialogue, for example, but you do have to look at your character for hours on end. When graphics were more basic, as in Baldur's Gate or Arcanum, it didn't matter that much - you could barely make out your character's features, so it was sort of a blank canvas for your imagination. The portrait was all-important, and have you seen how many sites have huge portrait sections? With the in-game character approaching the same level of detail, it's natural that people want the same level of customisability as was available with portraits in earlier games.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"The portrait was all-important..."

... and with the 3D model making up the portrait this time around, I think great selection when it comes to looks is nice.

"10% scaling"

10% both up and down would be enough though.. with all the races and stuff making for other forms of diversity.

"I understand it'd probably be too time-extensive or something to implement like I'd wish, even if it was planned from the start."

Why would it be? They have said you would be able to have NPCs scale dynamically when they spawn no? I don't see how it would be that big a thing to show a slider or similar control on character creation to set the scale variable for the PC, much like GW had.

But then, what do I know, they've might have implemented PCs alot diffrent than NPCs when it comes to that sort of things, which would seem rather silly, especially having a feature for NPCs that PCs don't have.

What do you want?.. blink.gif