Whats the best way to get a publisher to...?

yeyeman9

Hello everyone,

To does who know and for does who are interested. What is the best way to get a publisher to publish your games? or even whats the best way to get a publisher to pay attention to your company? and so on...Thanks in advance. See ya all around. (I am new here, btw.)

yeyeman.

You know... Follow him around for while, take pictures and send him the copies. Just to show how dedicated you are. Send some flowers and chocolate too.

If that fails just remember: it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I would think you'd want to have something concrete to show them. A demo of some kind and a detailed design document for your game showing them what it is about and why it is going to be a great and profitable game when you are done with it.

You'd probably want to get a list of contacts for game publishers and get in touch with them about it. Perhaps even attend one of these game trade show kind of things and try to make contacts there in person.

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully some guys of my company are going to E3 this year, they got invited by a friend, and will contact some publishers and stuff. As soon as the game gets a publisher and everyone can know about it, I will post here to let you all know about it.

Publishers are a business that invests in developers, so you will need to show why you are a better investment than the other developers.

You will need to show the publisher why your project is not a risk. You will also need to provide a schedule indicating how many people will be required and what positions they will be filling. You will need to budget the project. You will need to show the target market and why you think the game will be profitable. You will also need to provide a roster of employees for the project or principle players in your company that helps the publisher understand how well you know game development. Having these things done AND having a demo to show puts you much higher in the list and shows you are serious and 'ready to roll'.

If you just show up with a cool demo, they will ask the above questions and unless you have answers, they will probably fail to be sold on your business saavy, no matter how well your demo looks.

Getting a publisher to agree to find development of a game is wicked hard. Development studios can have trouble with it, I haven't heard of any examples of independent peeps getting something signed. It probably does happen, but you'd probably be more likely to be struck by lightning...multiple times. It's a heavy investment and like Frank was saying, publishers want to minimize their risks as much as they possibly can.

-Ferret