Isreal planes fly over Northern Syria

Hildegard

Isrealy planes flew over Syria and bombed the residence of the Syrian president...does this mean war or what? :blink:

BTW - hello everybody I'm back for a few days... :)

I'll give you a link about this in a moment....

Edited by Hildegard

Theres nothing in my news about this.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The telly just said the Syrians stated that they did fire on the planes.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Goodie, maybe another war.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Stupid Hamas wins the election, and theyd ecide it's time to start a war with Isreal. It seems Isreal is really pissed off if they are willing to just go through others' airspace.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Can't say I blame Israel at this point.

Syria is not responsable for the kidnapping of the Israely soldier....

according to Isreal, that's not the case

Syria supported to Hamas group that did it, gives them safe haven, etc etc

Bla bla...always the same bull from the Israelis...they can do things like this only because they have the US behind their backs no matter what, because of superior military hardware and the fact the US has been blocking Syrian purchase of the S300 system for the past 10 years.....

"Sounds like Isreal has a death wish flying over another country's airspace, especially being an Arab one at that."

Syria can't really do much against Isreal so, no, I don't think Isreal has a 'death wish' in this case.

I am talking about some of the other Arab countries besides Syria. Iran would love nothing more than wipe Isreal off the face of the planet. This would be a reason to do so, to help out a fellow Islamic brother in need.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

militarily, israel has nothing to worry about unless ALL of the arab countries gang up on them. iran could not even begin to pose a real threat, yet. furthermore, iran is in no position to be militarily hostile with anyone right now. they're spending all their clout on the nuclear issue as it is.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

"I am talking about some of the other Arab countries besides Syria. Iran would love nothing more than wipe Isreal off the face of the planet. This would be a reason to do so, to help out a fellow Islamic brother in need."

And, we all know what happened the last few time Islamic countries ganged up on Isreal.... Isreal got more property. LOL :D

And, if such a gang up were to occur, I'd have a funny feeling that nowadays, the US wouldn't sit by and watch.

That said, I should note, I don't truly aspprove of Isreal's entering others' airspace when they're technically not at war with said country even if I undersatnd their reasoning.

I am talking about some of the other Arab countries besides Syria. Iran would love nothing more than wipe Isreal off the face of the planet. This would be a reason to do so, to help out a fellow Islamic brother in need.

Oh please... 'brothers in need'. How much money did Dubai give to its muslim brother Pakistan after the earthquake... f*ck all that's how much. Did Iran ever get on with Iraq before the war? Did they hell. If Iran's watching, they won't give a crap... all those middle eastern countries hate each other.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

And, if such a gang up were to occur, I'd have a funny feeling that nowadays, the US wouldn't sit by and watch.

That's why Israel does that sort of stuff without any fear of retribution.

Iran is not a Arab country. It's Persian. And it's despised by most of the Arab countries, with the exception of Lebanon and Syria.