Exile's canonical gender confirmed!

Oh, well... why did you put link to that article then? :(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Because of canon, poor Brianna will be scrubbing the floors for the next 50 years since she didn't go with the exile. O.o

Poor Brianna now were stuck with the Disciple.

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Nice... But now we have to work in how HK-47 escaped Malachor and wound up on Mustafar

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I can deal with Disciple provided that Exile is finally female. It's a small sacrifice. Plus she can always dump him out the airlock.  ;)"

In a Tarkinesque manner

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I was going to stay out of this thread but that last comment I had to adress. Kreia says the exact same thing about Disciple if the Exile is female. He serves on the Council.

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Thread pruned of spam. Any more nonsense and you will get a PM from yours truly.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I was going to stay out of this thread but that last comment I had to adress. Kreia says the exact same thing about Disciple if the Exile is female. He serves on the Council.
Even better: Kreia never says anything about Brianna joining the Council, but does say so about Mical.
The exile is male!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only in your dreams, Padawan. Edited by Sikon

Guest The Architect

Seriously, who cares what the 'canon' Exile is? Does it matter? Unless in KOTOR III they base the storyline off a fixed LSM Revan and a fixed LSF Exile, which would suck beyond belief, if Revan and the Exile are going to appear in KOTOR III or be involved in KOTOR III in some way then we simply have to be able to choose their genders/alignments, otherwise, if we cannot, set KOTOR III in a new timeline, simple as that.

But like I've said, what the hell is the point of having a 'canon' Revan and a 'canon' Exile? It's not like there going to have a SW EU comic or book with Revan and the Exile in it, if they did, it would be extremely disappointing and ****e! Well, I suppose 'if' someone wants to put Revan and the Exile in a SW EU book or comic, then Revan could have the default mask look that he/she had and the Exile could have the Darth Nihilus look. Now why would the Exile have the Darth Nihilus look for?

Well, I'm not so good at explaining this, I just happen to like the theory that Darth Nihilus is the missing link to the Exile, the seal to his/her wound in the force, in other words, Darth Nihilus is the Exile, Jediphile can explain the theory better and in more detail, so if you have any questions that challenge the theory, then direct them towards Jediphile, or other supporters of the 'Darth Nihilus is the Exile' theory, because I'm not a real expert on this, I just simply like the idea, it makes a certain degree of sense to me.

Edited by The Architect

Seriously, who cares what the 'canon' Exile is?
Those who care about how it "really" happened. Including Wookieepedia. Just this very thread proves that many people care about it.
Unless in KOTOR III they base the storyline off a fixed LSM Revan and a fixed LSF Exile
,...presuming K3 will have something to do with Revan or Exile at all, which isn't something you should take as granted...
But like I've said, what the hell is the point of having a 'canon' Revan and a 'canon' Exile?
To have a single, consistent universe.
It's not like there going to have a SW EU comic or book with Revan and the Exile in it

Why not? Revan and/or Exile can appear in the KOTOR comics, although it's not very probable. And why the need for another story at all? Aren't there just the considerations of a strict continuity? Leland Chee said that the only reason they mess with these genders is to allow their authors to reference this characters at all - with correct pronouns.

Well, I'm not so good at explaining this, I just happen to like the theory that Darth Nihilus is the missing link to the Exile, the seal to his/her wound in the force, in other words, Darth Nihilus is the Exile
Well, I think I'm good at explaining why I don't like this theory, but I won't because it's irrelevant here. Edited by Sikon

There are no parallel universes in Star Wars. There is a single continuity where all published works belong, and there are stories that are deemed non-canon/Infinities. The KOTOR games are no more or less canon than the rest of the EU.

I am speaking to those whose main interest is in the games. My point is that, yes, they can keep it flexible in the games while still having an *official* story in the comics.

I realize that when it comes to "C Canon", "all Star Wars is continuity". Still, I think there is a hierarchy. I think books and magazines can trump comics and I think comics can trump video games. They try not to do it but it can happen.

I am hoping for the full fleshed-out story of Revan and the Exile.

There are no parallel universes in Star Wars. There is a single continuity where all published works belong, and there are stories that are deemed non-canon/Infinities. The KOTOR games are no more or less canon than the rest of the EU.

I am speaking to those whose main interest is in the games. My point is that, yes, they can keep it flexible in the games while still having an *official* story in the comics.

I realize that when it comes to "C Canon", "all Star Wars is continuity". Still, I think there is a hierarchy. I think books and magazines can trump comics and I think comics can trump video games. They try not to do it but it can happen.

I am hoping for the full fleshed-out story of Revan and the Exile.

And if it does happen, there's usually a retcon to clarify both instances.

Anyway, this makes things easier for novelists who want to include Revan and the Exile in an Old Republic novel. And I think Revan would make a great character in a novel given his popularity and importance in the SW timeline, but that's JMO

DAWUSS

Who is to say that when Visas, Disciple, Atton, Bao Dur and Mira (and probably Bastila eventually) restored the Order, presumably beginning on Telos they didn't encounter Brianna and train her as a Jedi?

Anyway, I don't mind her being female (and the book says heroine, so she would be light sided) but it adds a dimension to the Star Wars universe. Plus I liked the whole idea of Sion having some remotely sick love for the Exile, also Atris still claims to have loved the exile to some level after you redeem her in the duel. So I guess it adds another dimension again.

While I disliked Mical, I think he was right to make the Atton-Exile relationship more poignant. I think it was after I finished Onderon that I got a cut scene where Mical, Exile and Kreia were meditating, and Atton was standing watching. Then Mira came along and they had some discussion about it. I think Mical needed to be a goody-goody, someone that Kreia, the mother figure approves of (at the Trayus Core she says something like 'his love for you is pure') but if the Exile were to ultimately appreciate Atton, who really is a lost soul more it is more... I suppose Shakespearean.

Why is everyone so obsessed with these romances?

They're the best part. Sion, Atton, Mical, the whole 9 yards

DAWUSS