Exile's canonical gender confirmed!

I usually played as lsf after I had beaten it as lsm. It is not entirely surprising that they made the exile lsf. Could someone tell me the name of the book or a link to the website that says her gender?

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

I see it confirms HK-47's letters to stand for Hunter Killer. They even have GOTO listed in there as well.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I see it confirms HK-47's letters to stand for Hunter Killer. They even have GOTO listed in there as well.

Wasn't that stated in the frst game some where. I always thought it was a pun on AK-47 (the gun)

As far as the exiles gender, I prefer to think as Revan and the exile as males. Maybe I'm sexist, maybe not. But I just couldn't get into thefemales story in K2.

iceman1731.jpg

Well, to honor this decision I am replaying Kotor 2 as LSF. This is actually quite fun, since I haven't been on Dantooine yet. After that... <_<

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I have no problem playing as a female, it's a role playing game after all. I am more than happy to see canon make the Exile as a female, the Star Wars universe needs more strong female leads.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

...It is a period of uncertainty across the galaxy. After a long and vicious battle in the deepest area of the STAR FORGE, Dark Lord of the Sith DARTH REVAN succeeds in destroying his ex-apprentice DARTH MALAK. After recovering from the duel, Revan seeks out the secret dark outposts he established during the Mandalorian War.

Author might've been confused with Revan = Darth Revan thing. I mean, all other Darth's have different "nickname" than their real name, expect Revan and Malak

edit: Well, Sikon was faster. And of course there is siths. Did you forget True Sith already? ;)

I was thinking that the "True Sith" would not have a Dark Lord, considering that I interpreted Kreia's words as meaning that the True Sith are much more than mindless, selfish villains.... :)

Well, if LA wants to make the Exile LSF, then so be it. But I feel LA should have at least one neutral character as canon, since grey jedi are basically good people anyway :(

Edited by Accelerator

...It is a period of uncertainty across the galaxy. After a long and vicious battle in the deepest area of the STAR FORGE, Dark Lord of the Sith DARTH REVAN succeeds in destroying his ex-apprentice DARTH MALAK. After recovering from the duel, Revan seeks out the secret dark outposts he established during the Mandalorian War.

Author might've been confused with Revan = Darth Revan thing. I mean, all other Darth's have different "nickname" than their real name, expect Revan and Malak

edit: Well, Sikon was faster. And of course there is siths. Did you forget True Sith already? ;)

I was thinking that the "True Sith" would not have a Dark Lord, considering that I interpreted Kreia's words as meaning that the True Sith are much more than mindless, selfish villains.... :huh:

Well, if LA wants to make the Exile LSF, then so be it. But I feel LA should have at least one neutral character as canon, since grey jedi are basically good people anyway :ermm:

Well, there is no grey side, Jolee Bindo is closest one to that. Oh, and about True Sith: If you are interested in my theory, you can see it here, I am happy enough with it, minus the spelling errors. I was in hurry when I wrote that, so may be you can forgive me. :-"

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

There's no need for theories now, it has been officially stated who the "True Sith" are. They are descendants of the original Sith species.

Ooh, I really did have no idea. :ermm:" That does not tell much. And it is wrong too. True Sith are sith from Old Sith Empire, who are not only pure blooded sith.

Unless they make published stories on Revan and the Exile, there genders are whatever we choose them to be. Essential guide my ass? Let them make a story that's says otherwise, as for me Revan and the Exile are undefined.

The only published story on these characters has them undefined.

Yes, we can set them both to be whatever we want them to be, BUT canonical character is who really lived in SW world, other characters are just "what (s)he might have been if he would've fallen to darkside or if (s)he would've been different gender" when it comes to contiunity.

For example, Kyle Katarn may fall to DS in Jedi knight, but canon says that he stayed as LS, and both Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy treat him like that, so does all other EU.

If there is going to be reference to Revan or Exile in some other EU book or comic, they are going to be LSM and LSF.

I can guarantee you that there'll never publish a story based on these 2 characters and have them with their "canonical" genders, that will always be undefined as far as the Kotor series is concerned.

So how does defining genders in an essentials guide matter a lick when those 'canonical' backgrounds are not used where it counts: the game, the only media these characters are features in?

Edited by Darth Blivion

The games are what count as "canon". "Guide" books or websites based on them are not.
Don't dispute Lucasfilm's canon policy, mortal.

Seriously, can we be done here? This ranting is so old, someone arbitrarily takes one form of media and declares that they are allegedly non-canon. "Comics are not canon", "video games are not canon", "essential guides are not canon". They all are, and the Holocron continuity database (and future authors) treat them all as equally valid.

Edited by Sikon

I just find it amusing how people throw around the word "canon" with very little understanding of what that implies and where certain sources fit into the "canon structure". :lol:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If you didn't notice, we are talking about C-canon here, not G-canon, Sikon.

Religuim, canonical gender is needed for contiunitys sake. Still, you can play game as you want. I'll set both Revan & Exile to LSM when K3 comes out.

Edited by Xard