Exile's canonical gender confirmed!

I think/hope he was kidding...cause Mical is one of the most annoying NPC's ever.  His voice and huge teeth just made me want to force-lightning him to a crisp.  Anyhoo, I think it's good they made the exile a female.  The only thing about the female exile I don't like are her romance options.  She deserves better than Atton and Mical...ugh.  :blink:

I love the idea of the exile being "officially" female although it doesn't really have much impact on the story as opposed to the first game. (I do think Revan being canonically female would've added more dimension to the story <_< ).

I have to agree that Mical definitely could've been more attractive. However, I do think he's a little underrated, or maybe I just find him a lot less offensive than other people do. I mean, he was a goody-goody and kind of boring, but on the annoying scale, he rates far below Brianna, who (sorry) annoyed me to no end. I can see how they tried to give the character depth, but it just didn't work for me. I LOVED Atton as a character, and his story was really interesting, but his voice actor was so bad (sorry Nicky Katt) that I played the game on mute most of the time.

Edited by Aerin

has anyone bother to check the star wars database? i hold the opinion as the people on sw:kotor website i won't believe until it the database. and tthey were saying that website was unrepliable. so ii'll reserve my opinion

Dude, SW database is sh*t. Just buy that book and read it from there. They may not even be any information about K2. (if you ppl remember how long it did take to get k1 into database. And how poor all info was)

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The book is canon enough for me. It's a Star Wars book released by those involved in Star Wars.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Well, this is SW game, so LS.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Well I am very happy that Revan is LSM, and I am happy that the exile as LSF, I think in my opinion the Kotor PC's turned out a "fair go" I mean now we have a "Male" Revan and now we have a "Female" exile, I think that turns out neutral. I know their will be people out there who won't like it, but oh well, that happens.

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker

There's really no reason for you all to get upset, and really, no reason to get excited. Why does it matter? It's just a game. You can play it however you want.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I've never really been particualry bovered about this whole"canon gender" thing. I normally prefer to take my own interpretations of RPG games and not bother with the canonical things. But thats what we have fanfiction and fanart for.

There you go all you people who wanted Revan as a female, you get a female Exile, and that's good enough for you. Leave us with our male Revan and be done with it. Pretty please?

And yeah, since this is Star Wars, and one of those cheesy universes where good always triumphs over evil, she'll probably be a Light-sider. As Sikon says, if they have indeed adopted the term "Jedi Exile" then that = Light Side.

think of it as a parallel universe: the games and the comics (and other printed materials). or, perhaps more accurately, think of the game as a charcoal sketch and the books/comics/etc as the fleshed out story.

just because they hardcode these characters in EU continuity does not mean they will not go out of their way to keep it flexible in the games.

I am not a big comic person per se but I'm glad they are fleshing out the story. I want to know the backgrounds of Sion, Nihilius, and, yes, even Revan and the Exile.

I'm just saying that there is no reason to be up-in-arms about it.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

think of it as a parallel universe: the games and the comics (and other printed materials). or, perhaps more accurately, think of the game as a charcoal sketch and the books/comics/etc as the fleshed out story.
There are no parallel universes in Star Wars. There is a single continuity where all published works belong, and there are stories that are deemed non-canon/Infinities. The KOTOR games are no more or less canon than the rest of the EU.

Leave it to some people to totaly ruin it for us little people!

Arg the corparation must be stoped!

Edit: I don't think this will effect Kotor 3 if it comes out, I mean in Kotor 2 you get to pick Reveans Gender and stuff despite the canon saying hes Male.

Edited by Elven6

Also, it is never stated clearly in chronicles that Revan is DSM.

So: Revan is anyway LSM, Exile is now LSF

Continuing the quote from the other thread that was closed, actually it is made quite clear that Revan was DSM.

...It is a period of uncertainty across the galaxy. After a long and vicious battle in the deepest area of the STAR FORGE, Dark Lord of the Sith DARTH REVAN succeeds in destroying his ex-apprentice DARTH MALAK. After recovering from the duel, Revan seeks out the secret dark outposts he established during the Mandalorian War.

But we already know from other sources and LucasArts that Revan was LSM. This only proves that LA's word is what counts and books only represent the author's thoughts.

Everything counts, but every single discrepancy is resolved/retconned individually, if at all. In case of this one: the phrase "Dark Lord" may be interpreted as "former Dark Lord", while both the NEC says that Republic forces defeated Malak and destroyed the SF.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/starforge/

The NEC, in addition, explicitly mentions that it was Revan who, together with the Republic, destroyed it.

In this case, LS clearly supercedes DS.

Edited by Sikon

Everything counts, but every single discrepancy is resolved/retconned individually, if at all. In case of this one: the phrase "Dark Lord" may be interpreted as "former Dark Lord", while both the NEC says that Republic forces defeated Malak and destroyed the SF.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/starforge/

The NEC, in addition, explicitly mentions that it was Revan who, together with the Republic, destroyed it.

In this case, LS clearly supercedes DS.

That is correct, but in relation to the Exile's case, we have only one work so far which gives details about the Exile.

We can only know the Exile's nature for sure when more books/writeups or LA's statement arrives.

Strange thing: If Revan was LSM, and Exile is LSF or LSM, then there is no Dark Lord of the Sith after KOTOR 2. This cannot be because SW storyline should always have some jedi and some Sith Lords. So either the exile has to be DS or a new Darth is to be introduced.

Edited by Accelerator

...It is a period of uncertainty across the galaxy. After a long and vicious battle in the deepest area of the STAR FORGE, Dark Lord of the Sith DARTH REVAN succeeds in destroying his ex-apprentice DARTH MALAK. After recovering from the duel, Revan seeks out the secret dark outposts he established during the Mandalorian War.

Author might've been confused with Revan = Darth Revan thing. I mean, all other Darth's have different "nickname" than their real name, expect Revan and Malak

edit: Well, Sikon was faster. And of course there is siths. Did you forget True Sith already? :p

Edited by Xard