Kreias ending

Is it just me or do you think Kreia didn't give her all on the last battle. You could diffenately tell that she wanted you to win which made it not so great at the end. You can tell she went easy on you if you ever saw her kill the three jedi masters on dantooine with ease. After the last battle it just felt like that that was not the end of Kreia. Like if there was ever a K3 I felt like she for some weird reason she would just come back in some weird way, I don't know, lets just say that fall didn't convince me that she was dead at all.

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

Is it just me or do you think Kreia didn't give her all on the last battle. You could diffenately tell that she wanted you to win which made it not so great at the end. You can tell she went easy on you if you ever saw her kill the three jedi masters on dantooine with ease. After the last battle it just felt like that that was not the end of Kreia. Like if there was ever a K3 I felt like she for some weird reason she  would just come back in some weird way, I don't know, lets just say that fall didn't convince me that she was dead at all.

she couldn't kill u with "ease" because you are a "wound" in the force, remember? darth nihlius or w/e tried suckin the force and life out of u, but he couldnt.

Kreia wanted the Exile to kill her. She even says so herself.

And I do think she died. In the DS ending, she falls down an abyss. In the LS ending she just falls over dead, then Malachor V goes kaboom, as the Ebon Hawk makes its escape.

Either way: One dead Kreia.

But I am wondering whether there was some deeper and darker intent behind her desire to die on that precise location at that specific time. I wouldn't put it past Kreia to have done this for some dark purpose that we may see in K3.

Still, even if that's not the case, it still makes sense to me. Kreia knew that she had gone as far as she could in her war against the will of the force. Her own death was her own final triumph, as she decided her own fate and that of the Exile, while the will of the force did not.

And I'm still wondering whether there is some deeper meaning in her comment about "a final gift, one exile to another..." ;)

She's sly and slippery, that one...

I like how the issue of the force bond just gets totally overlooked and left out. The bond just dissapears without any comment, explanation, or reason. The whole ending was an abortion. It is stupid and unsatisfying because it was never finished.

I can understand running out of time and removing the HK factory, but the ending is a crucial part of the plot and should not be cut out. That's probably why there is no KOTOR 3 in the works. How can it pick up where 2 left off?

I like how the issue of the force bond just gets totally overlooked and left out.  The bond just dissapears without any comment, explanation, or reason.  The whole ending was an abortion.  It is stupid and unsatisfying because it was never finished.

I can understand running out of time and removing the HK factory, but the ending is a crucial part of the plot and should not be cut out.  That's probably why there is no KOTOR 3 in the works.  How can it pick up where 2 left off?

Oh, they can pick up on it very easily. And as for the unexplained Force Bond going poof, I suspect that is by no means an oversight, but rather sets the stage for a big revelation in K3, or at least was intended to. Can't get into it more than that, though, since that is pure speculation on my part. Suffice to say that I think the ending was always intended to be open. That such much was cut just makes it look unfinished rather than with an open, sort of "to be continued", kind of ending.

Kreia fought with full power. She however knew that Exile would win.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I like how the issue of the force bond just gets totally overlooked and left out.  The bond just dissapears without any comment, explanation, or reason.  The whole ending was an abortion.  It is stupid and unsatisfying because it was never finished.

I can understand running out of time and removing the HK factory, but the ending is a crucial part of the plot and should not be cut out.  That's probably why there is no KOTOR 3 in the works.  How can it pick up where 2 left off?

Well the nature of the bond itself was never fully discussed or how it really works. It was only given simplified reason that never explained what it really was.

I have theorized that Kreia sought the Exile, found him and used the Force to create a bond with the Exile when he was attacked. This bond would allow him to feel the force through her. As he gradually reconnected with the Force himself and made bonds with his companions, her bond to him was weakened and easily broken.

Or by the time of the Jedi reunion on Dantooine, after Kreia's speech she releases you from the bond so that you can kill her. Or the remaining Jedi's attempt to cut you off from the force coincidentally broke the bond.

wookiedance.gif

And I'm still wondering whether there is some deeper meaning in her comment about "a final gift, one exile to another..."  :blink:

She's sly and slippery, that one...

I have to agree with you on that one. Thats kinda why I thought that she would apear in k3 for some reason. Or probably her gift was that she told a little of the future on all of the characters. But we all know how she is. i can see her just poping out of no where though or im just probably paranoid. :):wacko:

I read somewhere on these boards that the force bond between The Exile and Kreia no longer existed once Kreia fell completely to the dark side toward the end when she left Telos for Malachor V. I don't remember the reasoning behind it exactly, but it did make a lot of sense to me.

I do agree though, that the game might have made more sense if the Droid Planet / HK Factory was left in. Only in an alternate universe would we know the truth.

post-15092-1151586010_thumb.jpg

I read somewhere on these boards that the force bond between The Exile and Kreia no longer existed once Kreia fell completely to the dark side toward the end when she left Telos for Malachor V. I don't remember the reasoning behind it exactly, but it did make a lot of sense to me.

I do agree though, that the game might have made more sense if the Droid Planet / HK Factory was left in. Only in an alternate universe would we know the truth.

OMG...I just remembered that the content that was cut from the game (origianlly, Master Vash was not killed) Vash explained to the exile that a force bond can be severed if either master or apprentice falls to the dark side. Not sure if it is vice-versa though. Apparently, in the original script, Vash had more knowledge than any of the other jedi masters (perhaps combined).

And lets not forget it is NEVER stated that their force bond is fatal

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

OMG...I just remembered that the content that was cut from the game (origianlly, Master Vash was not killed) Vash explained to the exile that a force bond can be severed if either master or apprentice falls to the dark side. Not sure if it is vice-versa though. Apparently, in the original script, Vash had more knowledge than any of the other jedi masters (perhaps combined).

mmm.... i never really heard of that. <_<

Yeah it's true. Cut content

She might reappear as a vision or through memories that a PC might have in a third game. Reappearance through manifestation as a Force ghost to certain force users could also be another way

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

OMG...I just remembered that  the content that was cut from the game (origianlly, Master Vash was not killed) Vash explained to the exile that a force bond can be severed if either master or apprentice falls to the dark side. Not sure if it is vice-versa though. Apparently, in the original script, Vash had more knowledge than any of the other jedi masters (perhaps combined).

Yes, but she was still unable to understand the nature of the Exile's bond with Kreia, so it's not as if you're going to find a big revelation, even if you dig through the cut content.

In fact, what she says is this:

Master Vash: "We were mentally bonded.Kaah was pulled to the Dark Side through his fear. He could no longer feel our bond.It is painful to lose one to whom you are bonded. But it is not fatal.{concerned}That is most unnatural. This bond you share with Kreia is not like any I've ever heard of. How did it come to be?{pensive}Look within for the answer. We are each solely accountable for everything in our lives. Nothing ever happens to us unless we allow it."

:thumbsup:

And lets not forget it is NEVER stated that their force bond is fatal

True, the Exile is just constantly paranoid about that thought the entire game

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Wasn't there a force bond between Revan and Bastilla?  If so then when you kill her on LS ending that would kill you if what your saying is true.

They had a bond, yes, but it's nothing like the one between Kreia and Exile. The typical bond is the one between master and padawan, but Obi-Wan doesn't die or even get hurt just because Qui-Gon is killed. The same is true for Revan/Bastila or Vash/Kaah. That Kreia losing a hand hurts Exile at all makes their bond unique, since that is practially unheard of.

I think Exile felt her injury because of his unique talent, and that Kreia knew of it and used it against him so that he was forced to take her along. Exile was able to bond easily with all sorts, and since Kreia had been his master, it was simple. But Exile wasn't aware of either fact. Kreia 'masked' herself to all who had known her (including Exile). She denies tampering with his mind, but he knew her as Jedi, after all; she wanted all of her past with regard to the Order hidden, and needed to start over with a blank slate.

Kreia had seen everything she (never) wanted to see, and may have been physically ill. As a Jedi, she wanted to leave something lasting behind, something good. As a Sith, she wanted to die with honor, in battle, rather than just withering away. She is both--and she was so powerful few could touch her. Exile was the perfect solution. He was a successful student, her greatest accomplishment, and this was his final exam.

I believe she tried previously with Sion and Nihilous, and failed. They became the enemy because of it, but they did an excellent job of mopping up the 'old' Jedi that Revan had missed. And then she had Exile mop them up.

I disagree that Revan and Exile were polar opposites. Kreia taught Revan, and the fact that she respects him so much shows that he embraced her way of thinking. Revan also studied bonding in depth; maybe he wasn't as naturally gifted at it as Exile, but with study and practice, he could do it. That was apparently the key to whatever he went to fight. The Force aside, Kreia's motivation is to save the galaxy--and Revan--and Exile is her only hope. I'd guess she 'sees' more about Revan's situation than she lets on.

As for whether we will see her in the last installment, I doubt it, because of the theme of 'sacrifice'. (A Jedi's life is sacrifice; Revan sacrificed himself to unify the Sith; etc.) Regardless, she was an important and influential figure in the resurrection of a new Jedi order.

I'm not sure Kreia is dead... coz Malachor blows up yeah, but it doesn't actually explode, like Alderaan does after the Death Star blasts it in the movie. Malachor may have become and asteroid field... perhaps... she may still have a sparkle of life left in her.

I'm not even sure Nihilus is dead coz he turned into a red cloud. He may even return as a human, or as he really was. :ermm: