What is the giant firaxa?

Yeah it is a giant shark that guards the star map. Also drives the selketh crazy and they believe it is an ancient relative of them. Thats why they get angry if you kill it

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

The Progenitor was a massive female firaxan shark that lived in the Hrakert Rift of Manaan. It was believed to be somehow responsible for producing kolto, and was the center of intense spiritualism by the Selkath, who believed it to be the ancestor of their species - which she possibly was. The Progenitor's immense size and strange capabilities seemed to be linked to the Star Map it swam about, which may have mutated it with the Force.

When the Republic established an undersea outpost within the Hrakert Rift, the Progenitor went berserk as the scientists began to harvest her precious kolto. The firaxan sharks, believed to be her children, began attacking the station unprovoked, and a strange phenomenon initiated by their mother made drove the Selkath scientists to insanity, causing them to attack everyone around them.

Once distress calls were sent from the underwater base, the call was answered by the reformed Darth Revan. A scientist named Kono Nolan had worked on a poison which in theory could kill the Progenitor, but his assistant Sami believed that doing so would pollute the waters of Manaan in ways that may never be corrected. Following Sami's advice, Revan destroyed the kolto harvesting machine, and the Progenitor immediately calmed down, even allowing him to approach the Star Map.

~ wookiepedia

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

DS points for trying to kill the giant shark also.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Who even wants to go back there? :rolleyes:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

And without doing anything or even blowing up fuel harvester, PCs would be devoured in reaching a Star Map while that fish is guarding it. Tried it once and thankfully had a saved game before that.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Well, if other side is bloodthirsty sith, yes, Republic denotes good :thumbsup: Maybe corrupted somewhat (that may not be case during kotor era), but democratic and good factor it is anyway.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Well, if other side is bloodthirsty sith, yes, Republic denotes good :lol: Maybe corrupted somewhat (that may not be case during kotor era), but democratic and good factor it is anyway.

TRUE DAT! TRUE DAT! HAHAHAHA!... Well... relatively speaking, Good is Bad and Bad is Good. "Good" is in the eye of the beholder, buddy. :thumbsup:

But then all the fishies would've swarmed over Revan & gang :)

Hmh, that's true too :)

The Giant firaxa paralleled an evolution debate too. The two scientists said it grew so big because it was feeding directly off the kolto, it was just a big fish. The Selkath said it was the bringer of life on Manaan, a common ancestor from which the Selkath evolved.

Also, I would want to go back to Manaan to collect the Genoharridan (sp?) bounties.

iceman1731.jpg

Who even wants to go back there? :(

Once might probably be quite enough for me in a game. (Excluding repeated attempts)

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧