Planescape:Torment

If you're tired of fantasy RPGs where a_random_hero must save the girl and the world from the evil_wizard, demons, or the evil_dragon, try Planescape:Torment.

If you are about story. If you are purely an eye candy graphics sort of person skip it.

Hopefully one of these days someone will make a good PC RPG based on the saga of Elric of Melnibone.

If you wish to read a detailed write up of it with spoilers try here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planescape:_Torment

It's in my top five favorite games of all time.

Edited by Blacklash

The only bord whose members are more obsessive about PST would be the Codex.

Btw, could anyone send me a savegame from when youre in sigil and are about to go into the players maze? I want to try getting mazed by the Lady of Pain again but I never keep my savegames

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Preaching to the choir.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

...hehehe...I do so luvs it when we's gits a few more converts... :wub:

ALL HAIL THE GREATNESS THAT IS PLANESCAPE: TORMENT!!!

:D

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

pstboxusfront8iq.jpg

...was there any doubt???...I's thought not... :-

Shhhh, we're not allowed to talk about PST on these forums, or one of the mods is going to hunt us down.

...I's shakin'...really... :-

One dumb thing Ive always wondered.. the picture of TNO on the box, that is a photo of a guy in makeup right? Its not a render?

AND does anyne have any PST savegames they could lend me? please? :-

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

PS:T was one of the best RPGs ever made. Definately. :)

(w00t) LOL

You just dont like it cause the Succubus wasnt goth :)"

Oh come on, Jags. You have to admit that overall Fallout is the superior game. PST's combat was awful and wholly unengaging.

Don't get me wrong. It's right up there. Easily top 3 material. But Fallout was at times pretty close to perfection. For its time, obviously. It might be a little dated. God, I hope not. Always wanted to have another run.

Edited by Baley

Oh come on, Jags. You have to admit that overall Fallout is the superior game. PST's combat was awful and wholly unengaging.

Alright, I admit the combat can't hold a candle compared to Fallout's. That's a little to due with FO's combat being one of the best turn based sytems (let me know if you think there's a better one) and PS:T's poor quasi-click fest.

But that's just one aspect of the game!

FO's music is awesome, but PS:T's is more epic and probably edges it out.

But it comes down to the story: Yeah, FO is more open-ended and PS:T seems almost linear in comparison (although relative to modern RPGs is pretty open-ended). I do like the way FO doesn't cram the story down your throat, but leaves it there for you to discover - complementing the gamer's intelligence. But PS:T tells a magnificient story more intricately than most mediums. I guess it's the writing. Yeah, it's gotta be the writing. :-

manthing2.jpg

The Storytelling was indeed fantastic. But I do have to say that the most admirable thing, for me at least, was the way your attributes actually mattered, really mattered, making the player's direct physical input as an outside force seem less important. Of course this could have been even more accentuated with the use of a TB system. And I could have spilled even more goodwill for this game.

PST is clearly the best game of all time. All other pale to insignificance by comparison.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!