Hardware Monitor

My old monitoring program cant find my new GFX so I need a new one fast.

-something small, compact and non system hog

-WInXP based

-nforce4 compatible

Just something I can have in the tray to ease my paranoiah that my hardware is burning up.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I had a CPU cooler give up, causing the processor to play "china syndrome" with my motherboard. Id rather get a warning so that wont happen again, especially since I had to jury-rig my northbridge cooler in order to fit the 7900GTX

Meta> Im not going to download a dozen different apps and try out, have you got any specific program you can recommend?

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Meh. I haven't had a CPU fan die on me (or any fan for that matter).

I know my roommate did, but when things got hot his motherboard would beep and underclock his processor. If it got too hot, it would shut down on its own.

Edited by alanschu

...if yer mobo be an ASUS, jus' use the ASUS Probe it comes wit', or e'en AI Booster...as fer yer GTX, grab Rivatuner an' Coolbits... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

The problem is that none of the programs seem to be able to read my GFX. Only the temp in the nvidia settings can do that, it doesnt even show up on Ntune

Okay...had to snoop around a bit to find what you wanted...

On your desktop, right click your mouse on a blank spot and you will get a pop-up. Hit 'Properties'.

Hit the 'Settings' tab and then click 'Advanced' at the bottom right section of the new pop-up screen. Click the tab for your GPU.

A new pop-up will appear on the side. Click 'Temp'. Near the bottom of the original pop-up is a box to check "Notify when GPU temp exeeds threshold".

When you check that box, the temp setting above it will highlight. Unfortunately, it will not allow you to change the temp setting but it will give you some sort of warning to save your stuff and shut down.

I hope this helps.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I always recommend AIDA32. The project was shut down some time ago (not more than a year, methinks), so I'm not sure if/how newer hardware is supported, but I guess it's just a matter of trying.

Apart from that, it's an awesome tool.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.