Guardian/Watchman

OK, I am going to give K2 another shot. Having recently finished K1 with a very fun build (Scout/Guardian), I thought of doing this same thing in K2. I love force jump. Unfortunately, after browsing around the forums I found that jump apparently doesn't work as well in this game. Is this true? I would like to know before getting my lightsaber (would hate to do Peragus twice in a row...). Thanks in advance.

Btw, Force armor's broken, right? All levels of it? Any other broken powers/feats?

Force jump will give you a sneak attack bonus as you noted but it is not as useful as in K1.

You fight indoors most of the time so rarely get the chance to force jump an enemy in clear sight. You can't use any active combat feats during a force jump (notably power attack or critical strike). Plus the guardian base class has nothing over the other two since all classes get the same BAB progression.

For a sneak attack build I suggest consular/watchman or consular/assassin. Go dex or str based as you like. Start wis and cha at 14 and leave them there, and keep the other stats at 14 or less. Put your subsequent increases to get con to 18 and the rest in your combat stat.

Feats: master TWF, master crtical strike, master toughness

Optional: stealth run

Your strategy is to stun your enemies with force powers and then sneak attack them. With master speed, you'll be hitting 4 times a round, adding in 4d6 to 8d6 sneak attack damage.

Also use two blades and configure your sabers to be keen, so you'll crit range becomes 11-20. Combined with the SHien Lighstabre form you'll raise your crit multiplier to 3x.

Let's recap: 4 attacks/round, stunned enemy so add sneak damage to each attack, crit on 11-20, triple damage. By the end of the game you'll hit for 400 damage a round. Screw force jump.

Note: you can switch crtical strike for power attack, you'll do more consistent, you will crit less often, but your crits will be monstrous (4x).

good tactic mr raider, I'll try when I start to play k2 again (that means when TSLRP comes out)

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Thanks mr raider. Unfortunately, I am highly averse to TWF unless I am playing darkside, and even then. But, this is easily fixed: dueling feats. Yeah, I know two weapons are better than one but I'm one of those that like the "classic" jedi look. But thanks a lot for the build. One question though, isn't 18 con a bit of overkill? I mean, I don't plan on relying on implants so I'll probably go 13 at start-up and 14 at lvl 4 or 8. As far as wisdom and char go, those are good calls. Since I will play LSM, then Wisdom mod is going as up as I can during level ups.

Overall, thanks for such a detailed answer.

The build works fine with one saber or two, but then I would skip using the keen crystal. Just use your two highest damage crystals available. You will still crit on 13-20, 12-20 with Ataru form.

Con 18 isn't that hard to get. Start at 14. You can get +1 from HK-47, and +2 from Hanharr (DS only). So at worst you need to put three points in it. At the very least, get it to 16 for the better implants. You won't be able to use the D-packages.

Edited by mr_raider

Hehe, sneak attack+force jump+power attack with the super high damage levels K2 naturally has would be so much cheese. :)

I wish there was a game that would go totally overboard with munchkinism and did it with humour and self-realisation.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I wish there was a game that would go totally overboard with munchkinism and did it with humour and self-realisation.

Minus the last part, isn't that Diablo II?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

And being able to kill anything is bad because...? I mean, I don't play video games for the challenge. I'm not a puzzle guy. I play them for fun and escapism. Plus, having already beaten this game like 4 times, I'm looking for something new to do.