Health concern

astr0creep

Hello,

I'm looking for reassurance here, I will go see a doctor.

This morning I woke up after a long, steamy night. It was about 25 degrees celcius and I didn't sleep very well, tossing and turning. I also had a massive headache that went away almost as soon as I got out of bed. Oh yeah, I'm diabetic.

While doing my usual morning scratches I discovered 3-4 lumps on the right side of my neck, about 1/8 of an inch in diameter each, one of them is between the shoulder bone and the thick muscle on top of the shoulder and that one is about 1/4 of an inch and slightly painful from the poking and massaging.

My wife told me they were knots because of the bad night and my job, which forces me to sit at a desk all day, barely moving my right arm for the mouse(I do CAD work).

There is no pain aside from the pokings and they are below the skin, slightly squishy.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Has anyone ever had this?

The internet searches moslty talk about throat lumps and cancers and I haven't found anything seemingly related to what I have.

Anyway I'm somewhat scared and needed to share. Advice is welcome.

:thumbsup:

Edited by astr0creep

sounds more like bug bites to me.

and, curiously, how in the heck is 25 C "steamy?" sheesh, that's only 77 F in americaland... back when i lived in florida, i'd probably don a jacket if it were that cold! :thumbsup:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I hope you get well soon astro.

Smells like lymph nodes. They can enlarge in response to, for example, a cold - or whatever other infection. Are you feeling ill? Fever? Seizures? Coma? Death?

I had what felt like a dry, sore throat 2 weeks ago. But the pain was on the right side of my throat, below the lower jaw, aligned with the right ear where a first lump was detected and is still there. It was painful when swallowing. I didn't feel sick or feverish otherwise.

I don't think I've ever had any seizures but I do have spasms when I sleep.

@Taks: 25C is fine during the day but at night, with the humidity, it was warm enough to keep me from sleeping properly. I sleep best when between 10 and 15 degrees C. And don't forget, we're not used to great heats here in the north. :thumbsup:

Edited by astr0creep

It is possible they're just benign cysts...they often show up seemingly overnight, in weird places, including the neck/shoulder area. If there's no pain/they're not sore, they feel kinda squishy like they're little balls under the skin you can move & moosh around w/your finger, it's a maybe.

My dad had this one on the top of his shoulder, very close to the neck, that kept growing comically taller for a while...doctors didn't remove it for years cause it wasn't dangerous (they did eventually, cause it annoyed him when he wore shirts). I had a small one pop up on my wrist once, and years later it just disappeared on its own.

Anyway...obviously with the diabetes and just in general, get 'em checked out, but just saying...little lumps aren't always a sign of something to be worried about, beyond cosmetic concerns. :thumbsup:

Luck.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It is possible they're just benign cysts...they often show up seemingly overnight, in weird places, including the neck/shoulder area. If there's no pain/they're not sore, they feel kinda squishy like they're little balls under the skin you can move & moosh around w/your finger, it's a maybe.

My dad had this one on the top of his shoulder, very close to the neck, that kept growing comically taller for a while...doctors didn't remove it for years cause it wasn't dangerous (they did eventually, cause it annoyed him when he wore shirts). I had a small one pop up on my wrist once, and years later it just disappeared on its own.

Anyway...obviously with the diabetes and just in general, get 'em checked out, but just saying...little lumps aren't always a sign of something to be worried about, beyond cosmetic concerns. :)

Luck.

Thanks LadyC. That doesn't sound too bad.

And from the usual reactions to my posts I guess I could use another head. :thumbsup:

@Taks: 25C is fine during the day but at night, with the humidity, it was warm enough to keep me from sleeping properly.

true. remember, this is coming from someone that NOW lives in an area that rarely gets above 60 F (15 C or so) overnight with humidity in the 10-15% range (which probably equates to 5% at sea level... i live at 7000 ft. altitude).

I sleep best when between 10 and 15 degrees C. And don't forget, we're not used to great heats here in the north.  :thumbsup:

oof. that's cold even for me. northerners... :)

this time of year in florida (melbourne) is probably 95% humidity and 85 F (30 C) overnight. an AC is a must from may till october in that region.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I hope you get well soon astro.

Smells like lymph nodes. They can enlarge in response to, for example, a cold - or whatever other infection. Are you feeling ill? Fever? Seizures? Coma? Death?

I had what felt like a dry, sore throat 2 weeks ago. But the pain was on the right side of my throat, below the lower jaw, aligned with the right ear where a first lump was detected and is still there. It was painful when swallowing. I didn't feel sick or feverish otherwise.

So your first lump was found 2 weeks ago and is still there, coincidently appearing together with a sore throat? It's not an uncommon reaction, just your immune system fighting off the remains of whatever virus you caught - the most likely cause, anyway.

Look up cervical adenopathy in the context of a likely viral upper respiratory tract infection.

Abridged checklist:

- overall recovery status x 2 wks

- current status of sore throat + swallowing

- noticed any pus during your daily throat exam?

- cough x 2 wks

- headache --> common, new, frequent recently?

- general malaise, muscle cramps

- other general cold-like symptoms, coma, death, etc

Don't look for zebras.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

It's probably cancer, you're gonna die.

So will you.

One can only hope. :(

Or take action.

Sexy action.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

By the way, Llyranor is a doctor. For real.

Is he really? Or is this one of those instances where my humor detector is malfunctioning.

No one wants to kill Fenghuang.

Speak for yourself. :ph34r: :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

By the way, Llyranor is a doctor. For real.

Is he really? Or is this one of those instances where my humor detector is malfunctioning.

No one wants to kill Fenghuang.

Speak for yourself. :ph34r: :D

Well we're as sure Llyranor is a doctor as you can be over the internet. I mean me, I'm a billionaire playboy slumming it.

Also, I've got a knife!

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP